Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    The Raptors defense couldn't guard the 1-5 pick and roll. That to me was the story of the game(along with poor officiating). Westbrook and Adams executed it perfectly.

Bet you teams will run it more specially in the playoffs. I'm sure LeBron was watching that game.
    Except Adams is arguably a top 5 C in the league with a great touch around the rim, combined with brute strength. Cavs have no one like that, I'm really surprised JV didn't rise up to the task.

Comment

• another 4 game week coming up. Raps are gonna run out of steam soon
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        another 4 game week coming up. Raps are gonna run out of steam soon
        Nah, I don't think so, they're so deep. If the minutes are managed right they'll be fine. Demar and Ibaka could use a day off though. I think at this point the mental stamina is under more strain the the physical. Games like today can certainly be draining that way, so they should forget about all this officiating bullshit and get back to the basics and to the good habits they've been building and executing so well.

It's crazy, but this is the first time in 2018 they lost by more than six points (two possessions). And it took a shitstorm of foul trouble and techs over the last minute of the game for that to happen.

First seed is all but locked-in. So over these last 12 games, I say take it easy, avoid injuries, manage minutes carefully, maintain good defensive habits, and keep the head in a good place. Then start beasting again in the playoffs.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          If the refs allow the other team to do what they want, of course the other team will carry that momentum. Marc Davis and crew was garbage and I hope they get lynched in some alleyway.
          Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          I apologize for doubting women refs. God sakes, the men are sometime worse. Especially the ones today. He lives in Chicago right? Hopefully someone breaks into his house and murders him.
          Get some help.

None of this is funny or cute. Not the hoping for murder. Not the casual sexism. Not the "oh it's just a joke" attempt to dismiss it. None of it.
          Last edited by Just Is; Mon Mar 19, 2018, 08:33 AM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            DeMar was not the problem, the gameplan was terrible for this game. Delon, Lowry, Powell, even Yak were getting blown by because they were playing so tight on the perimeter.

Raps can guard the 1-5 pick and roll fairly well (as seen in the Houston game). The problem is OKC is not Houston (near bottom in the league in 3pt percentage) and they used the exact same scheme against them. Going over every single screen Westbrook was ballhandling for as if he's Harden just hides the one weakness of his game which is his outside shooting. That also leaves JV trying to guard the quickest PG in the league as well as the best roll man in the league at the same time... disaster.
            Not just 'outside' shooting (29% from 3pt - yikes).... Westbrook is having a terrible year shooting outside of 3 feet (38%)

Comment

• Yeah, the game plan was pretty garbage. Seemed like they were trying to play the PnR 2-on-2 like against HOU. That's a disaster against Westbrook-Adams. Especially when the effort from the guards was like half what it was in the HOU game.

Could probably still have made it work if they consistently went under screens and dared Westbrook to shoot. Even if he got hot, the expected return on those plays would still be well below what they gave up.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Need a new game thread up and turn the page on this one....a few minutes after the NBA announces the bogus fines on DD would be sufficient thx

Comment

• Who starts it? I think we need to think about using some of our end of bench thread starters now down the stretch. The big dogs need a rest. No sense having one of them go down with injured thumb muscle before playoffs
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Who starts it? I think we need to think about using some of our end of bench thread starters now down the stretch. The big dogs need a rest. No sense having one of them go down with injured thumb muscle before playoffs
                      It's also coming down to the last chance for anyone who wants to get into that playoff rotation to string together a win streak.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As I said last game we will be seeing more Ibaka/Siakam frontcourt with 3 spot bring fluid. As Casey gets it ready for the playoff push.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Okay and? They're not getting past Golden State or Houston so they're a non factor for the finals not even in the conversation.
                          Wait, the winningest team against the league's top teams is not a threat to the league's top teams? Having a hard time following the logic there...

OKC has great individual players, they've struggled with chemistry and consistency this season but when they're focused and motivated they've proven able to beat literally anybody. They're a dangerous playoff opponent.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, the game plan was pretty garbage. Seemed like they were trying to play the PnR 2-on-2 like against HOU. That's a disaster against Westbrook-Adams. Especially when the effort from the guards was like half what it was in the HOU game.

Could probably still have made it work if they consistently went under screens and dared Westbrook to shoot. Even if he got hot, the expected return on those plays would still be well below what they gave up.
                            Absolutely, easy and obvious adjustment seems to be to not play Westbrook so tight out at the perimeter, duck under the screens.

JV did great against Capela, he should be able to handle Adams if the guards can recover to the ball handler.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If people would stop griping about the refs for a few minutes they'd see the other team had their best and 3rd best players have spectacular Games, while our top 4 guys were varying degrees of rattled, soft and tired most of the game.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                As I said last game we will be seeing more Ibaka/Siakam frontcourt with 3 spot bring fluid. As Casey gets it ready for the playoff push.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                God I hope not..... the only place Ibaka should be during crunch time is on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X