This team isn't going to the finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    The video example there is perfect. An opposing player making his way to the basket with a DeRozan trailer in tow. Man am I sick of watching him follow his man into the paint. He is constantly out of defensive position because he doesn't read position and can't see developing plays. He scores so effortlessly, but boy does he give a lot back.

Comment

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Ah look it's the Angel of death
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Shhhhh.. He's on his period

Comment

• At this rate, they might not even get out of the first round.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              At this rate, they might not even get out of the first round.
              Okay, I haven't sunk that low quite yet
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Bright side is that Shaolin’s reverse jinx is going to be beyond epic this time. He is fulfilling the prophecy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, but it's worth asking the question: if we flame out in the playoffs, say in the second round or getting manhandled in the ECF, is it worth keeping the band together for two more seasons?

Our payroll situation only gets worse, we have no picks, and Philly/Boston should make significant leaps next year.

And on a related note, even if we wanted to shake things up... Would it even be possible? What would we do?

Comment

OG is our king

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't go that far, but it's worth asking the question: if we flame out in the playoffs, say in the second round or getting manhandled in the ECF, is it worth keeping the band together for two more seasons?

Our payroll situation only gets worse, we have no picks, and Philly/Boston should make significant leaps next year.

And on a related note, even if we wanted to shake things up... Would it even be possible? What would we do?
                      If we flame out, we gotta get rid of this core.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        No we trade that greedy choker Kyle Lowry

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          We would be forced to try again in 2018-19 simply because of our salary situation. Ibaka and Lowry still have 2 years left on their deals after this one. If there's an offseason where a rebuild would happen it would be 2019 not this one.

Comment

• Guys. Three year window.

The only impact of success or failure this year is probably just how deep into the tax they go this summer (ie, letting FVV walk; keeping FVV and Powell; keeping FVV but dumping Powell; letting FVV walk and still dumping Powell).

Also, relax. This year is about the playoffs. Let's see them actually flame out before worrying about such a scenario. There's no reason to think it will happen at this point.

That said, a bad game against Boston tonight and I may surprise myself and join the torches and pitchforks club.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              We would be forced to try again in 2018-19 simply because of our salary situation. Ibaka and Lowry still have 2 years left on their deals after this one. If there's an offseason where a rebuild would happen it would be 2019 not this one.
                              But if you knew after these playoffs that you wanted to rebuild, then why wouldn't you try to trade Lowry and Ibaka as early as possible, i.e., when they are younger and still under contract for 2 years to the receiving team? Trade value should be higher, no?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                Okay, I haven't sunk that low quite yet
                                Scraptor wrote: View Post

The point is, that I don't even feel remotely confident about this team's ability to win the first round convincingly. That should never be the case for a top 2 seed in the conference.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X