RDS, Québec's version of TSN, will broadcast Raptors' playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDS, Québec's version of TSN, will broadcast Raptors' playoffs

Hi guys, I just wanted to share with you how much I'm happy that for the 1st time since 20 years, RDS will finally broadcast NBA basketball: every Raptors playoffs games, NBA finals and other games if Toronto don't make it to the final round.

Even though I love Jack and Matt, it's something I've wished for since I was a little kid, to be able to watch NBA basketball, and Raptors basketball, in french, by Québec's most qualified broadcasters.

I know this is probably, at least a little, related to the fact that the Habs are not making the playoffs, but seeing how popular basketball have become all accross the country, and how well the Raps are playing right now, it's amazing to see that finally, it is recognized by the mainstream industry that basketball is becoming a real thing in Canada, and in this case, more precisely here in Québec.

https://www.rds.ca/basketball/nba/nb...-nba-1.6017148

https://www.rds.ca/basketball/nba/le...-rds-1.6017304

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Hi guys, I just wanted to share with you how much I'm happy that for the 1st time since 20 years, RDS will finally broadcast NBA basketball: every Raptors playoffs games, NBA finals and other games if Toronto don't make it to the final round.

Even though I love Jack and Matt, it's something I've wished for since I was a little kid, to be able to watch NBA basketball, and Raptors basketball, in french, by Québec's most qualified broadcasters.

I know this is probably, at least a little, related to the fact that the Habs are not making the playoffs, but seeing how popular basketball have become all accross the country, and how well the Raps are playing right now, it's amazing to see that finally, it is recognized by the mainstream industry that basketball is becoming a real thing in Canada, and in this case, more precisely here in Québec.

That's great news. Looking forward to the first Québec baller making it to the NBA... or maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here. Has a native born Quebecer already cracked the ranks? What about the NCAA? Anybody know?

Comment

BONJOUR!!!
      -Jacques Armstrong
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        That's great news. Looking forward to the first Québec baller making it to the NBA... or maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here. Has a native born Quebecer already cracked the ranks? What about the NCAA? Anybody know?
        Actually there is Chris Boucher that is a 2-way player with the Warriors, and Khem Birch, who plays for Orlando. Joel Anthony, Samuel Dalembert and Bill Wennington are some names that quickly come to my mind.

Comment

Actually there is Chris Boucher that is a 2-way player with the Warriors, and Khem Birch, who plays for Orlando. Joel Anthony, Samuel Dalembert and Bill Wennington are some names that quickly come to my mind.
          I knew about Wennington and Dalembert and completely forgot. Can't help but think increased exposure helps promote the game though. It's all good.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Syracuse had a Montrealer a few years back..Kris Joseph....Played well for them on some highly ranked teams that went to the NCAA tourney a couple times...He was drafted into the NBA...but the blemish was..it was the Chowderheads who drafted him...
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

This could be big.. hopefully RDS keeps airing games throughout next season as well.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                This could be big.. hopefully RDS keeps airing games throughout next season as well.
                No such thing as bad advertising....

Forever and a day Quebec'ers had next to no interest in football.. then in a span of a decade... The Laval Rouge et Or are THE team to beat ... and a game between McGill and Laval is a "thing".... so if a few native sons pick up b-ball.. it won't take long....and like the Jays.. the Raps will be the team to follow in la belle province...
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                X