Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning for the Cavs Matchup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Planning for the Cavs Matchup

    Thought it would be helpful to start a thread on matching up with the cavs. It’s a matchup we may see and there’s lots of discussions in multiple threads on how to guard them/matchup with them etc.

    Go big/go small. Try to stop them or try to outscore them? Let Lebron get his and take away the supporting cast? Who guards Kevin Love?

    Discuss.

    **EDIT—I am not looking past the 1st round. Fascinated by how to guard Cleveland and the Kevin love corner 3.
    Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 08:35 PM.

  • #2
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Thought it would be helpful to start a thread on matching up with the cavs. It’s a matchup we may see and there’s lots of discussions in multiple threads on how to guard them/matchup with them etc.

    Go big/go small. Try to stop them or try to outscore them? Let Lebron get his and take away the supporting cast? Who guards Kevin Love?

    Discuss.
    No offense Rudy but I don't like the karma here.

    Game plan for round 1 first
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's my strategy:
      1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
      2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
      3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
      4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
      5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
      6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

      Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
      It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

      Comment


      • #4
        Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Here's my strategy:
        1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
        2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
        3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
        4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
        5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
        6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

        Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
        Pull out the plugs Keon, pull out the plugs. I have a pair of needle nose pliers you can borrow.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • #5
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          No offense Rudy but I don't like the karma here.

          Game plan for round 1 first
          Fair point. If the Karma gods are reading this I’m referring to the regular season cavs game on April 3rd.

          Comment


          • #6
            Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Here's my strategy:
            1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
            2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
            3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
            4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
            5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
            6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

            Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
            Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              Let Lebron do his thing, save your energy on defence on everyone else.

              Comment


              • #8
                scraptor wrote: View Post
                here's my strategy:
                1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
                2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of snickers bars, and plane ticket.
                3. Fly a disguised keonclark to the upcoming cavs game.
                4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of lebron's car.
                5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while lebron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
                6. Lebron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

                Now, this will require keon to hide in lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting lebron's hair. He will eat only snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. Lebron will blame snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the finals.
                Snickas!!!!
                OG is our king

                Comment


                • #9
                  Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Here's my strategy:
                  1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
                  2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
                  3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
                  4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
                  5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
                  6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

                  Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
                  Solid plan. Now what do we about that sprite commercial?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’m surprised by the reaction. There’s like 2-3 active threads that are off topic and now talking about how to guard the cavs and whether JV can be on the floor vs Kevin Love.

                      I think it’s an interesting topic but feel free to delete mods.

                      I’ll try to get the discussion going with a question: do you let Lebron get his points at the rim and try to take away everyone else’s 3 ball? IE don’t send help on Lebron and be ok with him having lots of points but not having 17 assists like last game?
                      How does this team stop the cavs?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the only way to do it is to go under when LeBron uses a screen, make him a shooter. If he beats you that way, tip your cap. Can't let him move the defence around and rip you to shreds with his passing. Also, making LeBron a scorer keeps the ball in his hands, tires him out, and might cause the other Cavs to get a bit disengaged, so they aren't focused defensively, and when they do receive a pass for a shot they are less likely to be in rhythm.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The most important thing against Cleveland, I think, is staying home on the shooters as much as you possibly can. Do not let Hood, Hill, Smith, Korver get in rhythm.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think the only way to do it is to go under when LeBron uses a screen, make him a shooter. If he beats you that way, tip your cap. Can't let him move the defence around and rip you to shreds with his passing. Also, making LeBron a scorer keeps the ball in his hands, tires him out, and might cause the other Cavs to get a bit disengaged, so they aren't focused defensively, and when they do receive a pass for a shot they are less likely to be in rhythm.

                            Thanks—good points. I would feel better losing to Lebron if it was because he nailed 6 3’s than if he had 17 assists and Calderon and George hill combine for 30+points.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Here's my strategy:
                              1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
                              2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
                              3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
                              4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
                              5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
                              6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

                              Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
                              It looks like LeBron's hair is taking care of itself ....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X