Planning for the Cavs Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning for the Cavs Matchup

Thought it would be helpful to start a thread on matching up with the cavs. It’s a matchup we may see and there’s lots of discussions in multiple threads on how to guard them/matchup with them etc.

Go big/go small. Try to stop them or try to outscore them? Let Lebron get his and take away the supporting cast? Who guards Kevin Love?

Discuss.

**EDIT—I am not looking past the 1st round. Fascinated by how to guard Cleveland and the Kevin love corner 3.
    Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 08:35 PM.

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Thought it would be helpful to start a thread on matching up with the cavs. It’s a matchup we may see and there’s lots of discussions in multiple threads on how to guard them/matchup with them etc.

Go big/go small. Try to stop them or try to outscore them? Let Lebron get his and take away the supporting cast? Who guards Kevin Love?

Discuss.
    No offense Rudy but I don't like the karma here.

Game plan for round 1 first
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Here's my strategy:
      1. Everyone on the forum pitches in $10.
      2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
      3. Fly a disguised KeonClark to the upcoming Cavs game.
      4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of LeBron's car.
      5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
      6. LeBron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Here's my strategy:
        2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of Snickers bars, and plane ticket.
        5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while LeBron is sleeping he cuts his hair.

Now, this will require Keon to hide in Lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting Lebron's hair. He will eat only Snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
        Pull out the plugs Keon, pull out the plugs. I have a pair of needle nose pliers you can borrow.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          No offense Rudy but I don't like the karma here.

Game plan for round 1 first
          Fair point. If the Karma gods are reading this I’m referring to the regular season cavs game on April 3rd.

Comment

Here's my strategy:

Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Let Lebron do his thing, save your energy on defence on everyone else.

Comment

scraptor wrote: View Post
                here's my strategy:
                2. Use funds for hat, wig, crowbar, several boxes of snickers bars, and plane ticket.
                3. Fly a disguised keonclark to the upcoming cavs game.
                4. Keon uses crowbar to jimmy the trunk of lebron's car.
                5. He hides there until midnight and then sneaks inside and while lebron is sleeping he cuts his hair.
                6. Lebron is so embarrassed he refuses to play in the playoffs.

Now, this will require keon to hide in lebron's house for the next several weeks, so he can keep cutting lebron's hair. He will eat only snickers, and leave the wrappers everywhere. Lebron will blame snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the finals.
                Snickas!!!!
                OG is our king

Comment

Here's my strategy:

Solid plan. Now what do we about that sprite commercial?

Comment

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

I’m surprised by the reaction. There’s like 2-3 active threads that are off topic and now talking about how to guard the cavs and whether JV can be on the floor vs Kevin Love.

I think it’s an interesting topic but feel free to delete mods.

I’ll try to get the discussion going with a question: do you let Lebron get his points at the rim and try to take away everyone else’s 3 ball? IE don’t send help on Lebron and be ok with him having lots of points but not having 17 assists like last game?
                      How does this team stop the cavs?

Comment

I think the only way to do it is to go under when LeBron uses a screen, make him a shooter. If he beats you that way, tip your cap. Can't let him move the defence around and rip you to shreds with his passing. Also, making LeBron a scorer keeps the ball in his hands, tires him out, and might cause the other Cavs to get a bit disengaged, so they aren't focused defensively, and when they do receive a pass for a shot they are less likely to be in rhythm.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The most important thing against Cleveland, I think, is staying home on the shooters as much as you possibly can. Do not let Hood, Hill, Smith, Korver get in rhythm.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think the only way to do it is to go under when LeBron uses a screen, make him a shooter. If he beats you that way, tip your cap. Can't let him move the defence around and rip you to shreds with his passing. Also, making LeBron a scorer keeps the ball in his hands, tires him out, and might cause the other Cavs to get a bit disengaged, so they aren't focused defensively, and when they do receive a pass for a shot they are less likely to be in rhythm.

Thanks—good points. I would feel better losing to Lebron if it was because he nailed 6 3’s than if he had 17 assists and Calderon and George hill combine for 30+points.

Comment

Here's my strategy:

It looks like LeBron's hair is taking care of itself ....

Comment

Working...
                              X