Game #77: Toronto Raptors 106 - Cleveland Cavaliers 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I mean even a talking head like Max Kellerman pointed that out. The whole idea of the new system was not to be so predictable like in the past, and now we've become predictable again. smh.
    Everything about DeRozan this year is so predictable. End of quarters you knw he's going to get the ball and he's going to pass it to Miles for a catch and shoot 3. EVERYTIME.

Again, this dude needs to play like the DeRozan of old and not this Ben Simmons wannabee version.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Melodramatic fans over-reacting to regular season losses make me irritable.
      When you lose to the Cavs in the reg season the SAME WAY they lost to the Cavs in the playoffs the last 2 years. It's concerning.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Why not? This bad stretch (plus the last 2 years of futility at the hands of LeBron) is an important factor to consider when gauging a Raps/Cavs playoff matchup.

And a month ago, the Raps were playing at history levels on both ends of the floor. Again, an important factor to consider when gauging a potential playoff matchup.
        Why though? Why is this rough stretch (where the schedule being a nightmare was a factor for a large chunk and the Raptors have basically had the one seed sewn up as long as they beat Boston once) more indicative of their ability than the rest of the season?

We know that when they play badly they won't win playoff series. We've always known that. We've always known they have the capacity to play badly - all teams do. What we didn't know before the season was how good they could be - and they've shown that they can be good enough to knock off anyone. Playing badly lately (that is, having essentially a break even net rating over this tough 3-5 stretch) doesn't change how well they are capable of playing.

What's with the insistence on judging this team based on this 8 game (2 game?) sample? Two trains of thought - the Raptors should be judged on regular season games, in which case overall they've done tremendously and couldn't really have achieved much more than they did this year. Or the Raptors should be judged on their playoff performance, in which case we should probably wait and see if the Raptors do indeed get smashed by the Cavs or lose in round one or whatever before writing them off.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          When you lose to the Cavs in the reg season the SAME WAY they lost to the Cavs in the playoffs the last 2 years. It's concerning.
          Did you watch the playoffs the past 2 years? Doesn't seem like it. How have these past two losses been a repeat in any way of the playoff losses?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Did you watch the playoffs the past 2 years? Doesn't seem like it. How have these past two losses been a repeat in any way of the playoff losses?
            Umm the Raptors can't contain LeBron? keeps leaving shooters wide open from 3? Lowry and DeRozan nowhere to be seen?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I said it last game but: it's not really the same way. Before we needed big games from Lowry/DeRozan to remain competitive. This year we just need them to play an AVERAGE game and we have a chance because our bench will cut into the lead or keep the game close

Comment

Why though? Why is this rough stretch (where the schedule being a nightmare was a factor for a large chunk and the Raptors have basically had the one seed sewn up as long as they beat Boston once) more indicative of their ability than the rest of the season?

We know that when they play badly they won't win playoff series. We've always known that. We've always known they have the capacity to play badly - all teams do. What we didn't know before the season was how good they could be - and they've shown that they can be good enough to knock off anyone. Playing badly lately (that is, having essentially a break even net rating over this tough 3-5 stretch) doesn't change how well they are capable of playing.

What's with the insistence on judging this team based on this 8 game (2 game?) sample? Two trains of thought - the Raptors should be judged on regular season games, in which case overall they've done tremendously and couldn't really have achieved much more than they did this year. Or the Raptors should be judged on their playoff performance, in which case we should probably wait and see if the Raptors do indeed get smashed by the Cavs or lose in round one or whatever before writing them off.
                If we're trying to determine how the Raps will fair in the playoffs (i.e. a mere 10 days away), doesn't it make sense to give more weight to recent games?

Comment

Umm the Raptors can't contain LeBron? keeps leaving shooters wide open from 3? Lowry and DeRozan nowhere to be seen?
                  Raptors have done a much better job of containing LeBron one on one. The Cavs have also had to go to 5 out lineups for most of the game to get open looks consistently (which has helped us score to keep up with them far better) where in the past they could generate wide open looks for their shooters even when playing Thompson heavy minutes.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Raptors have done a much better job of containing LeBron one on one. The Cavs have also had to go to 5 out lineups for most of the game to get open looks consistently (which has helped us score to keep up with them far better) where in the past they could generate wide open looks for their shooters even when playing Thompson heavy minutes.
                    WHAT? are we watching the same games?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

And Raptors lost both games by a combined 9 points where Derozan and Lowry sucked. They play even somewhat well and the Raptors have a realistic shot at winning.

Once again, Raptors havent played well in weeks, so these 2 games are not a picture of what the Playoffs will be like. Its not like they’ve been playing really well and suddenly suck against the Cavs. Its a slump, nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        If we're trying to determine how the Raps will fair in the playoffs (i.e. a mere 10 days away), doesn't it make sense to give more weight to recent games?
                        This. The playoffs are 10 days away. I don't care how Raps looked in February. We've seen these late season tail spins before. And momentum doesn't change on a dime.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          And Raptors lost both games by a combined 9 points where Derozan and Lowry sucked. They play even somewhat well and the Raptors have a realistic shot at winning.

Once again, Raptors havent played well in weeks, so these 2 games are not a picture of what the Playoffs will be like. Its not like they’ve been playing really well and suddenly suck against the Cavs. Its a slump, nothing more.

But, they didn't play well. These are the facts. We can shout "IF Cleveland shot worse or IF Lowry played better or IF our defense was better" but these are the facts. If my auntie had a dick she'd probably be called uncle. But alas, I don't think she does.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            But, they didn't play well. These are the facts. We can shout "IF Cleveland shot worse or IF Lowry played better or IF our defense was better" but these are the facts. If my auntie had a dick she'd probably be called uncle. But alas, I don't think she does.
                            yeah maybe Cleveland makes them look bad? We still don't have that reliable 3rd guy who can be an escape valve.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              yeah maybe Cleveland makes them look bad? We still don't have that reliable 3rd guy who can be an escape valve.
                              It's a certainly a pattern. Lowry always craps the bed. Cleveland always shoots the lights out. These are not anomaly's. They are what the situation is.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                They didn’t play well and they lost. Its a fact for those 2 games, its not a fact for how a Playoff series will turn out. Raptors haven’t played the Current Cavs roster at home yet either.

Comment

Working...
                                X