X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    hmmm, which one of them wasn't able to meet the body fat goal I wonder?
    JV seems like the most likely but he got praised by the coach earlier in the year so who knows?
    http://torontosun.com/2017/09/28/gre...b-183ec401dd82

“(Lowry’s) in great shape, Jonas (Valanciunas), all of our guys,” said coach Dwane Casey. “I don’t know of anyone who’s not in great basketball condition. This is probably the best summer our guys have had as far as body fat, weight, conditioning, running, since I’ve been here.”

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    What happened to that Brown guy?

What can Brown do for us?

This post sponsored by UPS
    He's playing for the 905, who are in the Finals right now. I think they care about their G-League team and won't screw with it.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

He's playing in G-league finals. I guess they'll keep him there

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Warm the bench?
    I'd rather sit Lowry and Fred if he's banged up. I won't even be watching or PVRing this game, instead I'll be running errands. Blasphemous for KeonClark to do so but just shows how little it means. I need to get things done before the playoffs take up 50% of my nights with zero exception to this rule.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Warm the bench?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Lewenberg has a pretty good article on the Raptors culture reset:
    https://www.tsn.ca/talent/inside-the...eset-1.1051282

Best quote came from Fred:
    hmmm, which one of them wasn't able to meet the body fat goal I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I suspect FVV is fine and will play. And if not, no rest for Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    It's a meaningless game for the Raptors. Put Powell in to play a bit of pg, or give Demar some time there. Important thing is to rest the key players.
    Or just play Lowry 20 minutes and ask him not to play defence.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    This is a good problem to have, but who is going to play point? 48 min of Delon? (if FVV's back is still wonky). Do we say damn the 905 and call a PG who will play 3 nights in a row (2 in their finals)?
    I suspect FVV is fine and will play. And if not, no rest for Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Lewenberg has a pretty good article on the Raptors culture reset:
    https://www.tsn.ca/talent/inside-the...eset-1.1051282

Best quote came from Fred:

“I think the biggest thing that came out of it was holding everybody accountable, holding everybody to the same standard,” said Fred VanVleet. “Obviously we’re in a league of stars and superstars and you’ve got to massage guys’ egos, but I think this year more so than last year we’ve held everybody to the same standard and guys are being held accountable, from Kyle and DeMar all the way down to me and Lucas [Nogueira], or whoever, Bruno [Caboclo] when he was here.”

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    This is a good problem to have, but who is going to play point? 48 min of Delon? (if FVV's back is still wonky). Do we say damn the 905 and call a PG who will play 3 nights in a row (2 in their finals)?
    It's a meaningless game for the Raptors. Put Powell in to play a bit of pg, or give Demar some time there. Important thing is to rest the key players.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    I would assume so. Rest vs rhythm.

My guess is today Lowry and Ibaka sit. Then all hands on deck for tune up game Wednesday

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Man in one week it's the playoffs. I know it's close but I wish I could freeze myself and fast forward till then, the wait is going to be agonizing.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    There will still be about 3-4 days between the game on the 11th and the start of the playoffs (14th or 15th). So we should be okay with rest days even if everyone plays on Wednesday. I would still give Ibaka the day off against Miami though.
    Nah, anyone taking the Miami game off will end up with like 5 days rest. If Ibaka gets tonight off too, more like a full week.
    That's definitely too far on the rust scale.

Ibaka and Lowry should get tonight off, full team effort on Wednesday. With both guys playing over 30 minutes last night, I'm sure the coaches knew both were getting tonight off ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Ibaka is important, he needs rest. As does Lowry. I think Derozan with a light load is fine, he doesnt play Defence anyhow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X