Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #82: Toronto Raptors 109 - Miami Heat 116

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slaw wrote: View Post
    Good for you.
    Thanks Bud!

    Comment


    • Sonny wrote: View Post
      Wizards in 6.

      I just don't trust this team. They are barely above .500 against .500+ teams.

      Comment


      • The New York Knicks are planning on contacting Raptors 905 head coach Jerry Stackhouse as part of their search to fill their vacant head coaching position, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

        I didn't want to go here before the post season even begins but if the Raps unbelievably bow out in the first round (or easily in the 2nd) it's time to try something different (whether you believe it's Casey's fault or not) and bring Stackhouse in. Odd that I already said this a few posts above and this news just came out.

        Screw the Knicks for saying/leaking this prior to the post season

        Comment


        • Sonny wrote: View Post
          Wizards in 6.

          I just don't trust this team. They are barely above .500 against .500+ teams.
          Still better than or similar to other playoff teams this year not named Houston and GSW, so whats your point?

          Comment


          • Sonny wrote: View Post
            Wizards in 6.

            I just don't trust this team. They are barely above .500 against .500+ teams.
            The Raptors have a 24-21 record against .500 teams. That's a 53.3% winning percentage.

            53.3% ranks 4th in the league, behind Houston and GSW (76%, 61%) and basically tied with Boston and OKC (54%, 53%). Only 9 teams league wide are .500 or better against .500 teams (add Minny, Philly, Indy and Utah to the list).

            Washington is 10th at 49%. Cleveland right behind them.

            The reality is, good teams go about .500 against .500+ opposition. Only ridiculous teams like HOU and GSW break the mold. Judging a team for being "barely above" .500 against .500+ opposition is like judging a team for being "barely above" a 50 win team. Not many teams are barely above that water mark.

            Want a playoff team you shouldn't trust? Milwaukee is 17-29 on the year against .500+ teams. San Antonio is 21-28. Miami is 20-24. Everyone else is basically .500 except the two juggernauts out West.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
              The New York Knicks are planning on contacting Raptors 905 head coach Jerry Stackhouse as part of their search to fill their vacant head coaching position, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

              I didn't want to go here before the post season even begins but if the Raps unbelievably bow out in the first round (or easily in the 2nd) it's time to try something different (whether you believe it's Casey's fault or not) and bring Stackhouse in. Odd that I already said this a few posts above and this news just came out.

              Screw the Knicks for saying/leaking this prior to the post season
              Knicks wanted Masai too. They wanted Lowry, they wanted Bargnani, lol.

              We should just make the Knicks our official G-League team, and be done with it.

              Comment


              • Sonny wrote: View Post
                Wizards in 6.

                I just don't trust this team. They are barely above .500 against .500+ teams.
                Literally the only two teams that are significantly better than ~.500 against winning teams are Houston and Golden State. Seeds 4-8 in the East are all below .500 vs. +.500 teams. The Bucks are 17-29 against winning teams, but we still had posters worried about facing them in the 1st round...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors have a 24-21 record against .500 teams. That's a 53.3% winning percentage.

                  53.3% ranks 4th in the league, behind Houston and GSW (76%, 61%) and basically tied with Boston and OKC (54%, 53%). Only 9 teams league wide are .500 or better against .500 teams (add Minny, Philly, Indy and Utah to the list).

                  Washington is 10th at 49%. Cleveland right behind them.

                  The reality is, good teams go about .500 against .500+ opposition. Only ridiculous teams like HOU and GSW break the mold. Judging a team for being "barely above" .500 against .500+ opposition is like judging a team for being "barely above" a 50 win team. Not many teams are barely above that water mark.

                  Want a playoff team you shouldn't trust? Milwaukee is 17-29 on the year against .500+ teams. San Antonio is 21-28. Miami is 20-24. Everyone else is basically .500 except the two juggernauts out West.
                  S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Literally the only two teams that are significantly better than ~.500 against winning teams are Houston and Golden State. Seeds 4-8 in the East are all below .500 vs. +.500 teams. The Bucks are 17-29 against winning teams, but we still had posters worried about facing them in the 1st round...
                  Dammit Dan!

                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Literally the only two teams that are significantly better than ~.500 against winning teams are Houston and Golden State. Seeds 4-8 in the East are all below .500 vs. +.500 teams. The Bucks are 17-29 against winning teams, but we still had posters worried about facing them in the 1st round...
                    Every team maybe outside of Houston has alarming statistics or issues that they can find rather quickly. Rather have this "above .500" issue than piss poor defense (cough..) or missing my best player for at least a round or 2 or the entire playoffs(cough..cough..cough..) Outside of the teams I just mentioned, everybody else is less than 50 wins and are barely .500 against .500+ teams
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • The wiz just signed ty Lawson. 5 game series turned into a sweep.

                      Comment


                      • Maury wrote: View Post
                        The wiz just signed ty Lawson. 5 game series turned into a sweep.
                        Doesn't sound like they have much faith in Wall's durability....

                        Comment


                        • Why are teams allowed to just add guys a day before the playoffs...the Cavs signed perkins too, and THAT is a move to throw fouls and bodies at big guys so love doesnt have to work..... what a crock of shit that is

                          Comment


                          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Why are teams allowed to just add guys a day before the playoffs...the Cavs signed perkins too, and THAT is a move to throw fouls and bodies at big guys so love doesnt have to work..... what a crock of shit that is
                            The Raptors just signed Lorenzo Brown a couple days ago.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Who the hell is that?

                              Comment


                              • Don’t they already have Satoransky and Frazier, signing Lawson seems like a waste


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X