Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You put yourself in a position to be lucky. If the 76ers were winning 35 games every year, they would never have been in a position to luck into Embiid or Simmons.
    Ok. When was the last time the Kings were relevant? back in the Webber, Divac, Bibby days right? that was 12-15 years ago. They've been "tanking" since that era ended. Meaning they've been sucking since that era ended.

They've put themselves in a position to be lucky. They've been drafting high every year the last 12 years and they're still shit. Why? because luck is not on their side.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Ok. When was the last time the Kings were relevant? back in the Webber, Divac, Bibby days right? that was 12-15 years ago. They've been "tanking" since that era ended. Meaning they've been sucking since that era ended.

They've put themselves in a position to be lucky. They've been drafting high every year the last 12 years and they're still shit. Why? because luck is not on their side.
      Being shitty at managing a team will scuttle any strategy.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ok. So what about the Lakers? 2nd overall pick the last THREE years - and they were still complete shit last year.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ok. So what about the Lakers? 2nd overall pick the last THREE years - and they were still complete shit last year.
          Randle - 7th overall pick.
          Russell - 2nd overall pick
          Ingram - 2nd overall pick
          Ball - 2nd overall pick.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ball - 2nd overall pick.
            A Paul George away from being 2 years away
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ball - 2nd overall pick.
              All those players stink, lol. No strategy, whether tanking or not, can overcome monkeys making shitty choices.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

All those players stink, lol. No strategy, whether tanking or not, can overcome monkeys making shitty choices.

Those were mostly not bad selections. Bad draft slots in bad years.

Comment

That's why i said you have to be lucky. All those 4 were highly regarded players back in their draft years.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's why i said you have to be lucky. All those 4 were highly regarded players back in their draft years.
                    Sometimes you're Steph curry. Sometimes you're Johnny Flynn.

What I'm saying is I agree with t rex

Comment

• Hindsight is 20/20 but coming into the draft all of those guys were seen as potential franchise players.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Blessing in disguise(luck): Sixers benefited because Embiid missed a lot of games after getting drafted and Simmons missed a year so they lost more games and got into lottery three years in a row.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Hindsight is 20/20 but coming into the draft all of those guys were seen as potential franchise players.
                          Based on the article, that was kind of Hinkle's point. You never know how a high pick is going to turn out, so you need to accumulate a lot of them, and then churn through players if they aren't generational talents until you strike gold.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Based on the article, that was kind of Hinkle's point. You never know how a high pick is going to turn out, so you need to accumulate a lot of them, and then churn through players if they aren't generational talents until you strike gold.
                            But that's the issue that TRex and Keon are talking about. You could be like Kings waiting for that generational talent for a decade. How long do you tank?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Blessing in disguise(luck): Sixers benefited because Embiid missed a lot of games after getting drafted and Simmons missed a year so they lost more games and got into lottery three years in a row.
                              Not to mention without the Embiid injury he may have went 1st or 2nd.

Embiid could be a Buck with Giannis right now.

Nobody knows what the future holds for any of the 30 teams, in a league where we think we got it all figured out

Comment

• Teams like the Laker's whom have traditionally been hot spots for free agents are really going to have look at their draft process. I can't think of a player they have recently drafted that has performed beyond expectation for the spot they were picked up. Bynum is the only standout I can think of from recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X