Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Teams like the Laker's whom have traditionally been hot spots for free agents are really going to have look at their draft process. I can't think of a player they have recently drafted that has performed beyond expectation for the spot they were picked up. Bynum is the only standout I can think of from recent years.
    Kuzma
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hahaha

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        That's why i said you have to be lucky. All those 4 were highly regarded players back in their draft years.
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Sometimes you're Steph curry. Sometimes you're Johnny Flynn.

What I'm saying is I agree with t rex
        MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Hindsight is 20/20 but coming into the draft all of those guys were seen as potential franchise players.
        All this tells me is that execs/scouts need to do a better job with their research going into a draft.

But the end of the day, it's all about increasing your chances of drafting a stud. Nothing is guaranteed.
        Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Apr 27, 2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          But that's the issue that TRex and Keon are talking about. You could be like Kings waiting for that generational talent for a decade. How long do you tank?
          Kings didn't tank as hard, hoard picks like greedy squirrels and intentionally trade away good players to keep sucking. If Hinkie was on the Kings, I'm pretty sure would have traded Boogie. Kings keep adding decent veterans - that's not tanking. And they keep trading their own picks. No team has ever gone as shameless all-in on tanking as Hinkie. He made a mockery of the system and pissed off the powers-that-be (Silver, Player Agents, Owners, etc....). Plus, his arrogant personality did him no favors.

Yes, it still comes down to luck, but Stinkie was playing with loaded dice and the payoff was faster than even he possibly imagined. But.... Embiid could still turn out to be Oden.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            But that's the issue that TRex and Keon are talking about. You could be like Kings waiting for that generational talent for a decade. How long do you tank?
            I think we have to stop using franchises with god awful management as evidence for team building. If a GM can't create a vision beyond, "Be Bad, Draft High" they are not worth talking about.

The Kings have been even worse honestly. Thats a team that was trying to win until they traded Boogie. Like they were trading picks to unload bad contracts and then signing more bad contracts, that team is outrageous. Then when they decided to tank and build around young guys, they went and signed Zach Randolph, George Hill, Vince Carter etc. so their young guys couldn't play.

Not even saying your point about how long to tank isn't valid (I think PHX is a better example), but I think that you always have to consider management.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/william_lou/stat...385355264?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Utah looking like they may be feeling the pressure of trying to close the series- missing bunnies, careless turnovers etc

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Good only a couple days rest for LeBron. So glad we closed out in 6. Really want to make a statement in Game 1.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Good only a couple days rest for LeBron. So glad we closed out in 6. Really want to make a statement in Game 1.
                      Not even a couple days. He basically gets Monday off and then right back to it.

We need to win the first 2 games at home, wear him down and make him give up. I don't think LeBron can keep carrying that team much longer.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Every other day? Looks like Ibaka will be having mediocre series then.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Comment

• Not much rest for Serge in round two. He's going to be pretty terrible isn't he? Good thing Fred is back. Just play him and Siakam more and that should make up for not having good Serge around anymore.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Not much rest for Serge in round two. He's going to be pretty terrible isn't he? Good thing Fred is back. Just play him and Siakam more and that should make up for not having good Serge around anymore.
                              Ibaka was HUGE the last 2 games. Him being benched in the 4th the last 2 games was a huge difference maker.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So this will be the first time in franchise history that we start a series as the more rested team, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X