Game Thread Starters: Playoff Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    should go top 6 here folks, gotta give 007 a shot at 9-3 for the season.
    3 losses, below 80%. We gotta drop a threshold somewhere.

Sorry Double 0. You'll be back. Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      should go top 6 here folks, gotta give 007 a shot at 9-3 for the season.
      I was thinking about making the same argument, but decided against it. 007 should definitely be praised for the volume of games that he took and lightening the load for others. He's the early-career DeRozan here, and I don't mean that as a knock against him; just needs to work on the efficiency a bit.

But mostly, I'm looking ahead to Cleveland. In a best-case scenario, we get through this round quickly, with DanH or Planetmars opening up the second round.
      But let's say this series is tough and we use up DanH, Planetmars, and Zainab, and have Goldblum starting. That's fine, I'm good with Goldblum and Scraptor as a one-two punch against Cleveland. But if those guys don't close out Cleveland, you are looking at a choice between switching back to the start of the rotation, who haven't gone since early in the first round, or reaching deep into the rotation for a 3-loss starter in what might be the most important game of the playoffs.
      That's why I'm in favour of keeping a tighter rotation.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        I was thinking about making the same argument, but decided against it. 007 should definitely be praised for the volume of games that he took and lightening the load for others. He's the early-career DeRozan here, and I don't mean that as a knock against him; just needs to work on the efficiency a bit.

But mostly, I'm looking ahead to Cleveland. In a best-case scenario, we get through this round quickly, with DanH or Planetmars opening up the second round.
        But let's say this series is tough and we use up DanH, Planetmars, and Zainab, and have Goldblum starting. That's fine, I'm good with Goldblum and Scraptor as a one-two punch against Cleveland. But if those guys don't close out Cleveland, you are looking at a choice between switching back to the start of the rotation, who haven't gone since early in the first round, or reaching deep into the rotation for a 3-loss starter in what might be the most important game of the playoffs.
        That's why I'm in favour of keeping a tighter rotation.
        I love this thread.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You can count on me

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You are 2016 Norman Powell. Stay ready
            I like this idea. Let's stick with the top five of Dan, planetmars, Scraptor, Zainab, and GOLDBLUM. If we exhaust our options then we turn to our veterans to steady the ship with their past game thread success and experience
            OG is our king

Comment

I'm fine with anyone whose winning percentage is over .500, minimum of 4 game threads started.

Comment

Danny, Scraptor, Goldblum (love this dudes game threads)

Comment

Working...
                X