Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 1: Washington Wizards 106 - Toronto Raptors 114 (TOR 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Anyone else getting nervous seeing that we’re 8pt favorites or espn has us with an 88% chance to win. Do we know something they don’t (we’re justly paranoid) or do they know something we don’t (we’re unjustly paranoid)?
    I think it's the second one.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      I think it's the second one.
      On paper we should absolutely blow them away. They don't even exploit any weaknesses we have matchup wise.

Comment

Kind of a weird parallel between these 2 teams I noticed. Since 2015 almost 80% of the rosters have changed, so we're very different. But also the cores of both teams are the exact same, so we're still very similar. While the benches have been completely changed, both teams still rely on the same dynamic all star backcourts, and the same 7 foot Euro Giant in the middle.

Also, we've progressed, and they've regressed.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Porter is pretty good and has grown in Washington. But what I like about their bench is they don't really have many energy guys. Usually those are the type of guys that give our bench fits (thinking Harrell in LAC or Adebayo in Miami).

Satoransky is a big PG which might be tough for either Delon, Lowry or Fred to handle, but the reverse could be true as well.

Wizards are better when they move the ball around. Wall seems to curtail that a bit.. so that's a good thing. We just need Wall to play selfish and try to make winning plays on his own.

Comment

Wizards in 6. Prove me wrong Raptors.

Comment

Mike Scott is that scrub who'll piss you off because he keeps making threes
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Anyone else getting nervous seeing that we’re 8pt favorites or espn has us with an 88% chance to win. Do we know something they don’t (we’re justly paranoid) or do they know something we don’t (we’re unjustly paranoid)?

Edit 1) Looks like the New Yorker beat me to it

Edit 2) After all my conspiracy complaining, we are not playing at 9:00 am on ESPN ocho. 5:30 on the real ESPN. Not too shabby.
                Thanks for sharing. Nice quick read but alarmingly accurate. But kids, as one of RR's overlords Zach Lowe so succinctly puts it:

Lowe, for his part, believes Raptors fans should alter their collective psyche this time around. “Be confident in your team,” he said. “They’ve been the best team in the East all year. Try that on, see how it feels, workshop it for a day.”

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  Literally just had a bad dream that we got swept.

Comment

The Anxiety and Fear of the Toronto Raptors Fan

https://www.newyorker.com/news/sport...to-raptors-fan

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Finally, a clean game thread. Thanks DanH.
                      Hahah T Rex just saw this video online and I thought of you

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Finally, a clean game thread. Thanks DanH.

GO GET 'EM DAN!!!
                        GOOOO RAAAAAAPS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Hahah T Rex just saw this video online and I thought of you

Clean = White? Cleanest = Whitest w/o black people and rapists?

Just jk... That's funny.

EDIT: Ok... I may be onto something... Trump's interns:

Last edited by rocwell; Thu Apr 12, 2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Thanks for sharing. Nice quick read but alarmingly accurate. But kids, as one of RR's overlords Zach Lowe so succinctly puts it:
                            "Lowe, for his part, believes Raptors fans should alter their collective psyche this time around. “Be confident in your team,” he said. “They’ve been the best team in the East all year. Try that on, see how it feels, workshop it for a day.”

yeah..i thought that last quote was great. it actually kind of works

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post
                              Wizards in 6. Prove me wrong Raptors.

Comment

This team cannot fucking lose game 1 again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X