Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Preview: Predictions on Rounds 1 and 2. Whose going to the Finals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    At the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter of game 2 of the semi finals the Raptors laid down and died.
    It was a pitiful death.

Not many will come to the funeral.

I was wrong about this team. Very wrong.
    I thought that the Raps would come out the shoot like gorillas...instead we got a butterfly and puppy. No guts. None. Not a fucking soul challenged James. They just shrank from the moment. You can forgive a talent deficit but not this chicken shit response.

Saynora ...

Going to be watching hockey for the rest of the spring. Maybe longer.
    DS that was a hard crash, man.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    But who's gonna captain the bandwagon now?

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Two games in the semis in the East tonight

The Hinkies vs Chowderheads After reaping the effects of "reading their headlines" the Hinkies will come out ready to play a highly focused full 48 minutes. Covington, Belineli and Illyasova will be better than in the opener. Simply getting one FG will be 100% better for Covington. On the Chowderhead side Al Horford who went 10 of 12 and Terry Rozier who went 11 of 18 are unlikely to replicate those performances tonight. The Chowda defense however is very likely to play at the same level as game 1. Think that the drop off in offense from Boston coupled with a focused Hinkie crew sees the series head back to Philly tied at 1. Hinkies win.

NewLooks vs Raps Heading back to Cleveland tied up at 1. Raps W. #theconfidentfew

Ken Mauer (#41) Kane Fitzgerald (#5) Brian Forte (#45)
    At the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter of game 2 of the semi finals the Raptors laid down and died.
    It was a pitiful death.

Not many will come to the funeral.

I was wrong about this team. Very wrong.
    I thought that the Raps would come out the shoot like gorillas...instead we got a butterfly and puppy. No guts. None. Not a fucking soul challenged James. They just shrank from the moment. You can forgive a talent deficit but not this chicken shit response.

Saynora ...

Going to be watching hockey for the rest of the spring. Maybe longer.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu May 3, 2018, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I still like the Raps to win, am even hoping for in 6. But I don't think I'll get over game 1 until Raps win 4 games.
    Ah the nature of being an unabashed homer of a fan for a team of your choosing....Twenty seven years later...and still to this day the words “Wide Right” still make me sad.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu May 3, 2018, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    NewLooks vs Raps Heading back to Cleveland tied up at 1. Raps W. #theconfidentfew
    I still like the Raps to win, am even hoping for in 6. But I don't think I'll get over game 1 until Raps win 4 games.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Two games in the semis in the East tonight

The Hinkies vs Chowderheads After reaping the effects of "reading their headlines" the Hinkies will come out ready to play a highly focused full 48 minutes. Covington, Belineli and Illyasova will be better than in the opener. Simply getting one FG will be 100% better for Covington. On the Chowderhead side Al Horford who went 10 of 12 and Terry Rozier who went 11 of 18 are unlikely to replicate those performances tonight. The Chowda defense however is very likely to play at the same level as game 1. Think that the drop off in offense from Boston coupled with a focused Hinkie crew sees the series head back to Philly tied at 1. Hinkies win.

Ken Mauer (#41) Kane Fitzgerald (#5) Brian Forte (#45)
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu May 3, 2018, 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding in Tonights three blind mice

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Jangles wrote: View Post
    Raptors in 6
    Yeah, nothing has changed. Just means we have to steal one of games 3/4, instead of following the Wizards blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    You can't see me 'cause I'm sitting behind you. Couldn't afford the lower bowl seats, but I've been a fan since 1995,listening to broadcasts on 590 AM radio which was almost impossible to get in Peterborough, where adjusting the antenna at least three times a game was an SOP.
    Upper deck at the Skydome was the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    Raptors in 6

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    It is indeed an insurmountable one game lead with a few to go....

Perhaps they should just quit now in the face of all that statistical evidence. I will save a seat for you in business class on the Raptor bandwagon..It’s pretty empty up here right now save for the confident few.

You can't see me 'cause I'm sitting behind you. Couldn't afford the lower bowl seats, but I've been a fan since 1995,listening to broadcasts on 590 AM radio which was almost impossible to get in Peterborough, where adjusting the antenna at least three times a game was an SOP.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    A friendly reminder that during LeBron's 2nd stint with Cleveland, we've won just 7 games in 23 attempts (regular season and playoffs combined). That's a MASSIVE psychological edge. And blowing game 1 simply added to it.
    It starts at the 18 second mark.....

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Twisting my words into negative hyperbole may work against the shaolin fantastics of the world, but won't here. And don't try that bandwagon word. I built the bandwagon.

Then your the one who installed the "eject all" button on the bandwagon...my seat must have a malfunction as I seem to be the only one still up here...

Its a tough loss for sure.... always nice to go up in the first game of any series but they're not.... and so be it. They are a good enough team to get the split at home and the split in Cleveland.

Going to be a helluva series.

As for the sunny side of the street..... it really is....
    Think back to those post vince and post bosh teams.....no chance no how no way....
    Still really like this groups chances this year despite bumping into the gate at the races outset.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 2, 2018, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Perhaps they should just quit now in the face of all that statistical evidence. I will save a seat for you in business class on the Raptor bandwagon..It’s pretty empty up here right now save for the confident few.

Twisting my words into negative hyperbole may work against the shaolin fantastics of the world, but won't here. And don't try that bandwagon word. I built the bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    A friendly reminder that during LeBron's 2nd stint with Cleveland, we've won just 7 games in 23 attempts (regular season and playoffs combined). That's a MASSIVE psychological edge. And blowing game 1 simply added to it.
    Best scenario now is a long 7 game series. First of all, they need to win tomorrow and win game 3 or 4. If they lose both games 3 and 4 then it's over. They're not beating the Cavs 3 straight games.

The scary thing is, the Raps always gets blown out in that building in the playoffs. Like, Raps/Cavs games in Cleveland in the playoffs the last 2 years weren't even close.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Sorry DS but the "always sunny in Toronto" approach and calling out all the immature fans is disingenuous this time around. I'm one of the most positive around but that was devastating blow. LeBron and love were average and below average respectively. We had multiple clean looks at game winners. Now not only do we have to win in Cleveland where we don't in the playoffs and basically don't in regular season, and next game is a must win as there's really no more room to lose in Toronto.

Is it still winnable? Hell yes. Will I be back loud and proud for game 2? No question. But there's no denying it became an uphill battle. This isn't John wall it's LeBron fuckin James. We let them off the mat. The majority of the reactions today outside of sonny are that of passion, not immaturity.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 2, 2018, 03:44 PM. Reason: added image

Leave a comment:

Working...
X