Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Preview: Predictions on Rounds 1 and 2. Whose going to the Finals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If we survived Tony Brothers, we can survive Marc Davis
    Davis is doing the Milwaukee/Boston game. See the higher-up in the post for our crew.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
      Davis is doing the Milwaukee/Boston game. See the higher-up in the post for our crew.
      My bad, I shouldn't have 'skimmed' DS's post....

Comment

If we survived Tony Brothers, we can survive Marc Davis
        octothorp wrote: View Post
        Davis is being saved for our first game 7.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Davis is being saved for our first game 7.
          Huh, so no Marc Davis for us this year?

16-0 baby.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Huh, so no Marc Davis for us this year?

16-0 baby.
            Wishful thinking..... Davis is making his rounds in the east so far.... odds are good we see this guy on the road in DC this series....
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

My bad, I shouldn't have 'skimmed' DS's post....
              I will try to use mono syllables next time around...
              What can I say.. I like language.
              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Wishful thinking..... Davis is making his rounds in the east so far.... odds are good we see this guy on the road in DC this series....
                I'm actually going to have an unpopular opinion I suspect: I've watched 5 or 6 games over the first three days and I think the officiating has been pretty good.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  I'm actually going to have an unpopular opinion I suspect: I've watched 5 or 6 games over the first three days and I think the officiating has been pretty good.
                  There will be no complaints..... until the first loss... then it will be like unleashing the dogs of war.
                  Funny how that works eh ?
                  - TGO

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Traffic..the weather..sports officiating...

What are "things nobody talks about then they're good?"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Well Now...

Raps hung another one on the Wiz last night. A professional beating. They depart to DC for the next two where they will be looking to get a split at the minimum. With Wall and Gortat not to happy with each other ... minor but nagging ankle nicks dogging both Morris and Porter and the toll of a long season hanging on Beal ... the Wizzers look vulnerable. However... there is nothing more dangerous than a team staring elimination in the eyes which is a great segue to...

The Boston Chowderheads..."Team Plucky" held serve and are up 2 on the Bucks. They have exposed why the Suns gave up Eric Bledsoe for a cup of sugar and a half litre of milk in the process... Love the Terry who stuff.... all said its still early. Your never really in trouble till you lose the first game at home. The Bucks are on the clock starting Friday at 9:30 Eastern.

The New Orleans Pelicans led by the firm of Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday are coming back home up 2 after handing the Western version of the Wizards two lossess on their home floor. The best backcourt in the west has had thier asses handed to them and there is no one on the Blazers that can stay with Davis. Trust we see the ESPN articles on the pending asphyxia of the Blazers as quickly as we would have seen the Raptors pieces.

and tonight in the East ...

Pacers at the NewLooks Will tonight bring about a NewLook revival or will the confident and determined Pacers continue their good work from Sunday and like the Pelicans leave for home up 2. Well the NewLooks can certainly play better. 20% from 3 and under 40% overall from the floor says that shouldn't be to hard. Lebron was as usual very good.. but he needs to be other worldly on any given night to drag this group to the next round. The Pacers have their split.. but the thing is ... you get greedy in the playoffs when your opponent looks vulnerable. The NewLooks look vulnerable. That defense still sucks out loud and by the slimmest of margins...UPSET ALERT... Pacers leave the Q with a W.

Edit.. On the whistle tonight.... Ed Malloy (#14) David Guthrie (#16) Eric Lewis (#42)
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 18, 2018, 02:37 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

So torn ligaments in Marcus “the bricklayer” Smarts thumb put him on the shelf for a few weeks.

Partially torn Ligaments in Kevin Loves thumb ..after ice and duct tape...are not a problem and he will be able to play in a couple of days...

Let’s see .....how effective a one handed basketball player can be....
                        - TGO

Comment

Indy departs Cleveland with a split ... it might have been 2 up but a bit of bad luck (Olidipo's foul situation and that he put up a Marcus Smart special when they could have drawn even at 95 in the last minute) the Pacers still have to feel pretty good about where they are. Blend in that Kevin Love sustained a partially torn thumb ligament in his left hand and the NewLooks have to be a little concerned about their current lot in life. Colour me skeptical that Love shows up and plays BAU with partially torn thumb ligaments in game 3 at Indy....

The Jazz got the split they needed in OKC.... watching carmelo brick 3 after 3 after 3 in the 4th must have made Knicks nation smile a lot. The Mormons have got something in Mitchell and the Jazz are playing good defense beyond Rudy Gobert. Ricky Rubio fer chrisse sakes is playing defense. Playoff Paul and Playoff Russell have their work cut out for them.

The wests number 1 seed is mirroring the easts number 1 seed. Kicking ass and taking names. They too hit the road for game 3. It will be a pretty rabid crowd in Minneapolis .... Should be interesting to see if Thibideau goes full Bulls throwback and plays Rose, Gibson and Butler all game long.

Raptor friend and perhaps the peoples choice for worst zebra in the NBA, Marc Davis, is not scheduled to work tonight.. which means quite possibly Friday night the Raps draw the Jeff Triplett of the NBA.

Tonight in the East

Hinkies into South Beach Will he or won't he ? The Joel Embiid saga continues on... At this writing no definitive word on if its a go or no go for Embiid tonight. Guess we will see at tip time.

The Heat have got their "game" from Dwayne Wade and it earned them a split in Hinkieville. Miami tonight should be looking for the Dragon and Whiteside to do more than they have so far... Ellington hasn't lit it up either and the Heat play well at home.

The Hinkies have shot 65% and 20% from the arc in the two games.....They have also turned it over 10 and 13 times in the first two. Expect a return to average for the Hinks... 35% from three... and 17 or more turnovers .....

Turnovers kill. Heat W.

EDIT 6PM: With Mask and Goggles Embiid is announced as playing.
                          Still... A Heat W.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 19, 2018, 06:02 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

Viewed through a "make or miss" lens...the Hinkies laid another 3 ball beating on the Heat.... they seemed to make them all .. .(18 of 34) and they just pulled away in the 4th. The Heat gave it a real go tonight and came up short... well short. When you put 108 its going to sound odd.. but these guys struggle to score....Coach Spoelstra will be hard at work late tonight coming up a scheme to fix the three ball assault...

New Orleans is laying the groundwork for a sweep... Holiday and Rondo are really sticking it to Lillard and McCollum and Davis is getting pretty much the run of the entire paint... There is no answer for Davis that Terry Stotts has on his roster. Thats gotta bite hard.....Davis is 28 and 11 ... and Gentry is taking him out with 7 to go.... Its a curb stomping tonight by the Pelicans.
                            - TGO

Comment

Tough times for the Spurs.... Hard to see how fences are mended so that Leonard comes back.... Like the Red Wings of the 90's and 00's... a 20 year dynasty is starting to slip in front of our eyes.

Tonight in the East and its All East tonight

Raps at The Wizzers The kitchen sink and anything else the Wizards have will be coming at the Raps tonight in the first quarter.Scott Brooks is reportedly going to start Scott at the 5. The Wiz have the look of a desperate team but not the mettle to back up the righteous indignation. Raps dispatch the Wiz and set up the sweep.

On the whistle tonight... Ken Mauer (#41) James Williams (#60) Gary Zielinski (#59)....

NewLooks at the Pacers Kevin Loves left thumb is good to go.... at least that's the talking point out of Cleveland and no one is coming off it. We will see when the game starts what he has. The Pacers are good at home and have to be pretty happy with the split they got on the road. Lebron put up 46 points in 40 minutes in game 2 whereas Victor Olidipo had foul trouble and was on the floor for less than 30 minutes and put up 22. The NewLooks managed to win it by 3. It'll be raucous at Bankers Fieldhouse in basketball country... PIck is that Love will struggle some and that the Pacers take this one and put a ton of pressure on the support crew of Lebron in Game 4.

Chowderheads at Bucks To be frank.. most of the Bucks have sucked so far. The Alphabet has played well and Middleton had a solid outing in game 1.....but everyone else wearing the Bucks jerseys have pretty much been empty suits. Bledsoe has been crushed by Rozier. Jabari Parker is auditioning for the invisible man role. They need more from Malcom Brogdon.

The Chowders have played good perimeter defense and have delivered enough offense by committee to win at home twice. Full marks to them for holding serve. Expect more of the same tonight.

A loss tonight and you can pretty much throw dirt on the deer and say nice things. In front of a rabid home crowd the deer crawl back to within a game of even par....
                              - TGO

Comment

One game on tap in the East today.. a matinee in Miami

After all three higher seeds took one in the chops last night the Hinkies try and reverse that trend as they hit the court this afternoon in South Beach. Now that Mask-gate has been settled with a minimum fine rather than jail time or expulsion to Baffin Island the Hinkies look to put a choke hold on the series with a back to back road win.

From this corner of the world I believe its going to be hard for them to pull it off. Why you ask ? The Hinkies have been able to notch wins in the series when they bomb away from 3 and get way above their average shooting performances. 65% in games one and 55% in game three.... when they don't do that... they are fairly beatable.... That 20% point swing in actual from average on 30 shots is 18 points.... thats a seriously big tailwind ......

Eric Spolestra has made his adjustments.... and the law of averages are against the Hinks today from 3.... In what might be a long series.. the Heat draw even. And if anyone has seen Hassan Whiteside.. give Eric a call..
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 21, 2018, 12:19 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X