Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Washington Wizards 119 - Toronto Raptors 130 (TOR 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Washington Wizards 119 - Toronto Raptors 130 (TOR 2-0)

Starters:

Wizards:
    Wall
    Beal
    Porter
    Morris
    Gortat

Raptors:
    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Anunoby
    Ibaka
    Valanciunas

Raptors lead series 1-0.

Raptors were 41-18 following a win this season. Wizards were 21-17 after a loss.
    Last edited by DanH; Sun Apr 15, 2018, 12:28 AM.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Time to put our foot on their throats
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

OG is our king

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Time to put our foot on their throats
        Raptors have never

-Won Game 1 at home (before tonight)
        -Gone up 2 games in a series (before Tuesday )

Comment

Feeling good after game one. With FVV back and the game one monkey removed things will go more smoothly. But damn....the road ahead will be a challenge. First a colossal effort to beat Lebron. Then.. Philly looks better and better with that ridiculous gang of shooters they collected to go along with "the new Magic" and Embiid. I feel like the path through the east is just as tough as the west this year. Will be a fun spring.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
            Feeling good after game one. With FVV back and the game one monkey removed things will go more smoothly. But damn....the road ahead will be a challenge. First a colossal effort to beat Lebron. Then.. Philly looks better and better with that ridiculous gang of shooters they collected to go along with "the new Magic" and Embiid. I feel like the path through the east is just as tough as the west this year. Will be a fun spring.
            Both the #1 seeds have really tough paths this year. For Houston they have to beat Minnesota which is similar to Washington in some ways with two stars, a good starting 5 and not a great bench. Then they have to play the winner of Utah/OKC, which isn't quite as tough as playing Cleveland but still very challenging. Then probably Golden State, which is as tough as it gets if Curry is back.

Philly looks really good though. Even if we get by Cleveland it's not gonna be a cakewalk in the ECF by any means.

For now though, our guys just need to worry about winning game 2. 2-0 series lead, get comfortable and then at least get the split in Washington and we should wrap this up in 5. Would be even better to just sweep them but we'll see.

Comment

I think a little doubt has set in to those cocky turds from DC.

Comment

Talk of Cleveland is too much, never mind worrying about the 76ers
                Take care of the business in front of you, game 2 round 1 is all that matters right now.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Talk of Cleveland is too much, never mind worrying about the 76ers
                  Take care of the business in front of you, game 2 round 1 is all that matters right now.
                  Yeah a few of these early posts are over ambitious lol. Wizards will be hard. Need more from derozan. I like the bebe thing and is a wild card to continue using when you feel it's tine. Hope fred is ready. Norm is practically useless..wright was great but we can't consistently expect that..we need offense from the big 2. We're better though. Just wanna continue gaining confidence and each win does that
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Colangelo was always pretty good at finding good bench players for the Raps. Problem was, those guys would have been our starters.

Comment

Meh. ACC has been the toughest arena to play in this season in the association, and that game 1 hurdle is gone.

Those teams are good, but the Raptors have a fantastic leg up on any series with the way they play at home.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Wall will have a hard time finishing over Bebe all series.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I do not think Wizards will be able to design a different plan for game 2. I mean they did their best to limit both KL and DD, but they were hurt by OG, S Ibaka, Miles and wright. I think game 2 might witness a total collapse of Wizards.

On the other hand, we can not think that we have won game 1 and we are ok. We do need to keep our home court advantage.

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                            I do not think Wizards will be able to design a different plan for game 2. I mean they did their best to limit both KL and DD, but they were hurt by OG, S Ibaka, Miles and wright. I think game 2 might witness a total collapse of Wizards.

On the other hand, we can not think that we have won game 1 and we are ok. We do need to keep our home court advantage.
                            Scotty Brooks left his coaching position at OKC under the premise that his teams offence was based to much on isolation plays for Durant and Westbrook. Those teams lost series they were supposed to win because they didn’t adapt.

If Brooks couldn’t win playing the way he drew it up with Durant and Westbrook...what are the odds with Beal and Wall.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              If Brooks couldn’t win playing the way he drew it up with Durant and Westbrook...what are the odds with Beal and Wall.
                              Lower. Approximately 0%.

Comment

Working...
                              X