Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkoglu on the Ropes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Apollo, you know I am the last to defend Hedo. He should have done better than he did. I even hated on Hedo.

    But what I was referring to above is that Hedo was not suited for this team when he was brought in. At least 50% blame needs to be placed on BC for bringing in a guy whose value is being a point-forward, paying based on those skills, and then putting him on a team where the system is, and always has been reliant on a distributing PG.

    I am not saying that he will ever be worth $53 million, but he could (MAYBE) be at least nominally better if he were playing as a point-forward.

    ----

    TIm W., I think Doc said it all.

    If you need more, see Feschuk and Grange, Leafs Abomination:

    http://books.google.ca/books?id=iOSM...page&q&f=false

    Comment


    • #17
      Hedo was brought in to improve the team. The guy can shoot, the guy can handle, the guy can pass and the guy can rebound and D up when he puts his mind to it. I believe that Hedo chose to check out early on in the season because anyone with those abilities should be able to fit anywhere. He got the ball in his hands, just not as much. When he did get the ball he didn't show anything special. Shame on BC for making a bad decision in trusting Hedo Turkoglu and over paying. Shame on Hedo Turkoglu for misleading Brian Colangelo. I'm sure Brian didn't sign him up for mediocre play, lack of effort, lack of professionalism, etc. That wasn't on the resume and it wasn't in the game film... Well lack of effort sometimes but you get the drift.

      Comment


      • #18
        verbatim wrote: View Post
        TIm W., I think Doc said it all.

        If you need more, see Feschuk and Grange, Leafs Abomination:

        http://books.google.ca/books?id=iOSM...page&q&f=false
        I have no idea what he was referring to and have watched exactly one hockey game in my entire life (and didn't like it), so none of that means anything to me. Care to elaborate?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #19
          for as much as I would like to see Hedo hit the road, I know it will never happen. Having said that, I think we should try to use him as a 6th man. I think he could still be valuable for couple of years in that role. I say let's get a guy like Outlaw with the MLE and let's make Hedo start off the bench

          Comment


          • #20
            TIm W. wrote: View Post
            I have no idea what he was referring to and have watched exactly one hockey game in my entire life (and didn't like it), so none of that means anything to me. Care to elaborate?
            I was referring to the last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Now, I don't believe Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment has been around since then, (I could be wrong though) but my point being is that as long as the MLSE makes money, who cares if they win anything. They don't seem to care of if they do they certainly haven't shown it. For them, if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Mediocrity sits well with them and for the most part it would appear as though its also rubbing off on its fans where we've accepted and are supporting medicrity with our beloved Raptors.

            Comment


            • #21
              Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              I was referring to the last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Now, I don't believe Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment has been around since then, (I could be wrong though) but my point being is that as long as the MLSE makes money, who cares if they win anything. They don't seem to care of if they do they certainly haven't shown it. For them, if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Mediocrity sits well with them and for the most part it would appear as though its also rubbing off on its fans where we've accepted and are supporting medicrity with our beloved Raptors.
              I disagree. I think MLSE are interested in winning and are committed to winning. But they are not interested in winning "at any cost". They are as interested and committed to maximizing their revenue as they are winning.

              We can compare the Leafs to the Cubs and Red Sox of MLB. They'll always have the support of their fans regardless of whether they win. And because of that, the Leafs will always be profitable.

              But with the Raptors, they don't have the same uncondintional support of their fan base (regular and corporate), which means that to sustain the profitablity of the team, the team needs to be a winner. Te fact that BC confirmed that MLSE is prepared to spend over the luxury tax beginning next season is good news since there's no way the team can get better on the court and in the standings (and in the financial earning reports) unless the team does spend more money on the improving the team's personel.
              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Apr 28, 2010, 02:05 PM.
              RR OG

              Comment


              • #22
                James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                I disagree. I think MLSE are interested in winning and are committed to winning. But they are not interested in winning "at any cost". They are as interested and committed to maximizing their revenue as they are winning.

                We can compare the Leafs to the Cubs and Red Sox of MLB. They'll always have the support of their fans regardless of whether they win. And because of that, the Leafs will always be profitable.

                But with the Raptors, they don't have the same uncondintional support of their fan base (regular and corporate), which means that to sustain the profitablity of the team, the team needs to be a winner. Te fact that BC confirmed that MLSE is prepared to spend over the luxury tax beginning next season is good news since there's no way the team can get better on the court and in the standings (and in the financial earning reports) unless the team does spend more money on the improving the team's personel.
                Fair enough Ballswin. I don't disagree with you and I guess I should be thankful that the MLSE are still making money, but I just wish they'd play less safe and take a few more risks in order to reach that ultimate goal. Whether it be an NBA Championship or god forid (remember I'm a Sens fan) a Stanley Cup.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I was referring to the last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Now, I don't believe Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment has been around since then, (I could be wrong though) but my point being is that as long as the MLSE makes money, who cares if they win anything. They don't seem to care of if they do they certainly haven't shown it. For them, if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Mediocrity sits well with them and for the most part it would appear as though its also rubbing off on its fans where we've accepted and are supporting medicrity with our beloved Raptors.
                  From what I gather, the current group has only been around for the last ten years or so. Different people, so you can't exactly blame them for the past mistakes of their predecessors. Unless you want to blame Obama for the Iraqi war. I've never seen anything with the current ownership that says they're cheap or content with mediocrity. This is not Donald Sterling, by any means.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X