Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors 108 - Washington Wizards 98 (TOR 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors 108 - Washington Wizards 98 (TOR 3-2)

vs

Starting Lineup:

RAPTORS:

PG: Kyle Lowry
    SG: DeMar DeRozan
    SF: OG Anunoby
    PF: Serge Ibaka
    C: Jonas Valanciunas

WIZARDS

PG: John Wall
    SG: Bradley Beal
    SF: Otto Porter
    PF: Markief Morris
    C: Marcin Gortat

Last Meeting
    APRIL 22, 2018
    RAPTORS 98 WIZARDS 106

The Toronto Raptors saw their playoff series lead disappear on Sunday. Bradley Beal scored 31 points, while John Wall had 27, and the Washington Wizards beat Toronto 106-98 to tie their opening-round Eastern Conference series at two games apiece. Game 5 is Wednesday in Toronto, where the Raptors lost just seven games in the regular season, then the series returns to Washington for Game 6 on Friday. Turnovers proved costly for Toronto for the second straight night, with the Raptors coughing up 19 points on 18 giveaways, including 11 in the first half. The Raptors had expected the Wizards to put up a fierce fight on their home court, where they pulled even with Boston after trailing 2-0 in last year's playoffs. The Celtics went on to win the series. For a while, it looked like the Raptors might assert their status as the East’s No. 1 seed with an easy statement victory over the No. 8 underdogs. But despite taking double-digit leads in the first and third quarters, sloppy offence and lax defence helped the Wizards back into the game. With Toronto leading 54-40 in the moments after halftime, the home team reeled off a 40-point third quarter to head into the final frame tied 80-80 en route to victory.

Keys To The Game:

1) Raptors should just continue doing what they've done all season. The Raptors have been the best team in the East all season long. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan have done their usual work and the bench has been spectacular. As long as they trust in what has gotten them here and don't revert to bad habits when things get tough, they should be fine. Raptors are the better team, play like it!!

2) No more turnovers!

3) Don't pass up good shots. Have confidence!!

4) Just win, baby!

Let's Go Raptors!!!!

I believe in you zainab! This series needed a woman's touch!

Raps in 6!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        can you not make my thread ugly?

Comment

tf is wrong with yall. Seriously, can't even post a gif anymore.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            tf is wrong with yall. Seriously, can't even post a gif anymore.
            I don't mind gifs, as long as they are pleasing to the eye

Comment

Zainab gonna close this out over the next two. Casey's gonna smarten up and play the right lineups. The team will stop turning it over for no reason. And Indy will beat the Cavs.

Wishful thinking, possibly.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                can you not make my thread ugly?
                The woman is setting her tone early..careful roc next thing you'll be throwing out your favorite shirt
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Zainab gonna close this out over the next two. Casey's gonna smarten up and play the right lineups. The team will stop turning it over for no reason. And Indy will beat the Cavs.

Wishful thinking, possibly.
                  Thanks, Dan! You were the MVP with the 2-0 lead!!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    The woman is setting her tone early..careful roc next thing you'll be throwing out your favorite shirt
                    I'm out

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                      I don't mind gifs, as long as they are pleasing to the eye

Comment

Next game is on our home court

OG is our king

Comment

Joey, change to 19:00 plz

Comment

Wednesday! Where's my cryo chamber

Comment

I know we got homecourt, but I hope you close this out in the next 2, Zainab.

Comment

Working...
                              X