Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've said this elsewhere but CJ is still the best quote

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Home court is definitely the key. We have to take advantage of it
      For some reason we can't win in Cleveland. And on top of that we struggle on the road in the playoffs as well. Need to win every home game for sure.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So what's the overall mood like at RR today? Nervousness or Excitement? A bit of both?

I feel like the Raptors are going to put a beat down tonight and start the series off kind of like we did in round 1. We have a fully healthy and well rested staff.. and we're at home where we generally kick ass.
        Nervous excitement. Cav's know how important it will be to steal home court advantage. They will be in attach mode out of the gate.

Comment

• I'm so mother friggin jacked right now. Haven't been this pumped for a game in a long, long time. And judging by my behaviour in the Houston game, game 5 and 6 vs Washington, and a small handful of others, I worry about my heart.

I got shit to do next Wednesday that I'd prefer to do if I could. Raps in 4.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• I'm fairly confident we're going to blow them out tonight. Then we relax, they catch their breath, and the real series starts in Game 2.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                I'm fairly confident we're going to blow them out tonight. Then we relax, they catch their breath, and the real series starts in Game 2.
                Series starts as soon as the ball is tipped and score is being kept. I think game 1 is absolutely massive, for a few reasons

Comment

• I don't buy the narrative that the Cavs are tired. This is such a dangerous spot because people are expecting the Raptors to just dominate.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    The thought is that even if LeWhiner runs away out west this off-season, The Celts and 76ers are going to be awfully hard to play against for the next 5 years. This is our year!

What if LeWhiner signs in Philly? *shudder*
                    At the expense of Ben Simmons? I don't actually think they are a good fit together - although BS might learn a lot from the Queen.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      I don't buy the narrative that the Cavs are tired. This is such a dangerous spot because people are expecting the Raptors to just dominate.
                      I don't think they're tired either. With the days off, I don't think any team actually gets tired in the playoffs anymore. With the Cavs, I think it will just be a natural letdown from winning a hard-fought series, and now having to face a good team on the road in a tough building.

Cavs role players should be well-rested and out to prove something, but we can't let any of them go off. That's going to be the story of the game.

Comment

• OG HAS to play more this series

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-lebron-james

Also,

https://on.nba.com/2KsgDRx

Comment

• I like a lot of the advantages we've been talking and reading about but I don't buy the one about our bench being better than their bench. Yes, our bench is great but you can't compare because Cleveland doesn't have a bench. The starters are Lebron plus four guys and the bench is Lebron plus four guys. Maybe we can take advantage of his 4-5 minute break but who knows who will be on then. Either way, Go Raps.

Comment

• I'm a bit worried that Cavs bench is playing with house money and they go HAM. But if I keep expecting it then it won't happen!

Comment

• Comment

• I never thought I'd read this in a sentence about Toronto (In Zach Lowe's OKC season eulogy)

Ibaka was hesitant and confused when he received the ball in space in Oklahoma City. (Also: Ibaka developed more as a ball-mover in one year in Toronto than in seven seasons with the Thunder.)
                                Culture change 4 life!

Comment

Working...
                                X