Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    Ibaka has been so damn inconsistent. He bring so much to the table when he's "on", but the number of games he plays well in have been so few and far between. Thank goodness we've resolved our SF issues with the unexpected play of OG, but PF continues to be a gaping hole.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Yeah, those aren't great options, eh?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Honest question: Can anyone think of a good fit for Ibaka where a team would actually want him?

Possibly back to OKC, if PG and Melo both leave. Presti's probably way too smart for that, though.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Honest question: Can anyone think of a good fit for Ibaka where a team would actually want him?

If Bron stays in Cleveland. Ibaka can be in Frye role.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

He'd be a great fit next to Biyombo in Orlando.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Lol they should get rid of him and that contract in the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    You know how they say "this was a team win"? This was a team loss. Just look at these lowlights to close out the last 10 minutes of the fourth quarter:

There's no one person to blame imo. Everyone has to do a better job next game.
    This was painful to watch again, even while knowing the outcome. Just brutal.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Ibaka's play has been shocking to me. I really thought he'd come through in the playoffs.
    Lol they should get rid of him and that contract in the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Go look at the fourth quarter highlights Scraptor posted above. Look at how many layups JV, Wright, Poeltl missed. Wide open threes for Miles, Lowry, Ibaka, silly turnovers by FVV and Lowry and DD..... I don't want to pick on JV cause he played great but those misses were all point blank.

This wasn't a rotation issue.
    It can be both, you know.

For all the missed gimmes, the Raptors played the Cavs roughly even when they had real lineups on the floor. When they threw a mishmash of players out there, that's when the lead disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Interesting how everybody wanted JV traded at the beginning of the year. Now it's painfully obvious that he's the only big man we have that can deal with the increased physicality of the playoffs.
    Ibaka's play has been shocking to me. I really thought he'd come through in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Interesting how everybody wanted JV traded at the beginning of the year. Now it's painfully obvious that he's the only big man we have that can deal with the increased physicality of the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Go look at the fourth quarter highlights Scraptor posted above. Look at how many layups JV, Wright, Poeltl missed. Wide open threes for Miles, Lowry, Ibaka, silly turnovers by FVV and Lowry and DD..... I don't want to pick on JV cause he played great but those misses were all point blank.

I didn't say it was a rotation issue. The starters should be closing, but it probably doesn't help that they've rarely shared the floor in crunch time.

And a layup and tip/putback are not the same thing. Poeltl missed layups, JV missed putbacks. Pretty different shots. Poeltl was undefended, JV had guys all over his back.

Lots of guys made minor mistakes. Including the coach, all-stars, and most of the role players. They failed to adjust when they needed to on the whole, and they could easily still win this game even with all those misses if they do a couple things differently.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    I do think they played too tight, but this wasn't any one guy or even the team choking that badly.

Lots of minor things from players and coaching that hurt us too much at the wrong times.

We can tall about "yips" but the misses wouldn't have hurt if we didn't let JR and Korver go off (which has already been mentioned as probably yhe real reason we lost) because they were left open far too often. And Demar and Lowry were big culprits there, and it's been a big problem all year. Lowry cheats off his man too much. Demar cheats or just gets caught being lazy. That has literally nothing to do with the "yips".

Sadly, Kyle and DeMar are just re-learning how to play defense again this year, after taking the last 3 seasons off. This is the other half of the culture reset that nobody really talks about. They have relapses where they stop giving effort on D and are still looking for Biyombo to bail them out back there when they gamble or play fake D. That usually happens when we have a 10+ point lead, when they feel they can relax.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Yes, because missing 3 tip ins/putbacks is missing a "gazillion" layups. Tips are not as easy as people think. And his cleanest layup he missed was the 2nd putback attempt on his own shot where Korver hammered him and there was no call.

He got the ball less, and in less good spots, in the 4th/OT than earlier in the game. The one time he got the ball with deep post position, he easily drove in for a reverse layup. Those were the looks he got in the 3rd where they had to keep fouling him. The others were what? A midrange jumper, a floater from 10-12 ft out, and that running shot he took over Thompson and missed his tips on. And that last one was another stagnant play where nothing was really going on so he drove. Not exactly a massive choke job.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Troll alert.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X