Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Interesting how everybody wanted JV traded at the beginning of the year. Now it's painfully obvious that he's the only big man we have that can deal with the increased physicality of the playoffs.
    Most wanted him benched for Ibaka @ C or Poeltl, two guys who are massively underperforming right now.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Criticizing masai ujiri the gm for free agency errors is like criticizing LeBron James the player for not being a lights out jump shooter
      I always had a problem with Carroll....right kind of player in theory, given what he did in Atlanta, but not at that cost as I doubted that he would be as effective with the difference in systems, even if he had been healthy.

Ibaka signing was fine. Best option available given our cap situation and trying to be as competitive as possible. Thought we'd get more out of him, at least for this season. This kind of crappy play was something I expected more in years 2-3 of his contract.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed May 2, 2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• kloves elbow on derozan upgraded to a flagrant foul lol

Comment

• Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has retroactively received a Flagrant 1 foul for elbowing Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan in the face after securing a rebound late in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's Game 1.

At the time, Love was assessed with a common foul, which gave possession, but no free throws, to the Raptors, who at the time were leading 105-103 with 71 seconds left in regulation.

Well look at that. How many times does this happen to to the Raptors. Instead of making the right call they call it a non shooting.foul

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Ibaka is having is worst stretch of games as a starter

Just in time for our most important postseason run! Awesome
            I wrote something like this in the comment section while ago, but here's my theory about Ibaka:

game 1 against the wizs, he was the leading scorer, with solid rim protection and great overall defence. Probably one of his best games this season. game 2 he had another great 2-way performance, and he ended up finishing with the best +/- of a Raptor in playoff history (+32).

Wizs coach Scott Brooks, who coached Ibaka before in OKC and knows his game very well, just couldn't allow that to carry on and had to make some tight adjustments to contain him. This adjustments from a former coach were very effective and completely neutrilized serge for the rest of the series. That looks like it got into his head, and he hasn't been able to snap out of it since. It feels like a mental/confidence thing out there, he looks hesitant and timid with the shots which is an odd thing to say for Ibaka, but it's true.

The other thing happening is him still trying to adapt to the raptors new offence. He's more of a Scott Brooks & Old Casey type of player, good midrange game, never used to pass much. Now he's been asked to move the ball quicker, make quicker decisions, and drive to the basket, which is leading sometimes to hesitancy, turnovers and offensive fouls. He's not a flat-out victim of the culture change like Powell though, and saved our butt many times this year.

None of that is an excuse though, he's a pro and can be hugely impactful, so he should trust he can snap out of this and get his game back, because he certainly can. I just hope it's soon, because we need him against the cavs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              I wrote something like this in the comment section while ago, but here's my theory about Ibaka:

game 1 against the wizs, he was the leading scorer, with solid rim protection and great overall defence. Probably one of his best games this season. game 2 he had another great 2-way performance, and he ended up finishing with the best +/- of a Raptor in playoff history (+32).

Wizs coach Scott Brooks, who coached Ibaka before in OKC and knows his game very well, just couldn't allow that to carry on and had to make some tight adjustments to contain him. This adjustments from a former coach were very effective and completely neutrilized serge for the rest of the series. That looks like it got into his head, and he hasn't been able to snap out of it since. It feels like a mental/confidence thing out there, he looks hesitant and timid with the shots which is an odd thing to say for Ibaka, but it's true.

The other thing happening is him still trying to adapt to the raptors new offence. He's more of a Scott Brooks & Old Casey type of player, good midrange game, never used to pass much. Now he's been asked to move the ball quicker, make quicker decisions, and drive to the basket, which is leading sometimes to hesitancy, turnovers and offensive fouls. He's not a flat-out victim of the culture change like Powell though, and saved our butt many times this year.

None of that is an excuse though, he's a pro and can be hugely impactful, so he should trust he can snap out of this and get his game back, because he certainly can. I just hope it's soon, because we need him against the cavs.
              Ibaka needs to stop driving to the rim on his close outs. Stop and pop, or kick it out. He's an offensive foul magnet
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Re the Foul by Cavaliers’ Love on Raptors’ DeRozan upgraded to Flagrant 1.

Fat lot of good it does now, thanks NBA. On what grounds would the officials refused to review what was an obvious flagrant? Conspiracy my behind, they're on the take or under orders.

"Had the play been reviewed — as head coach Dwane Casey was incessantly imploring the officials to do — and assessed a Flagrant 1 in the moment, DeRozan would have gone to the line to shoot two free throws and the Raptors would have maintained possession as well."

CROOKED, FIXED, CORRUPT NBA

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Korver took 17 shots last night - most since 2007. That guy doesn't iso or post up. So 17 shots means he got alot of open looks.

How does a guy like Kyle Korver get that many open shots?
                  It rhymes with:

Lemar
                  Lerozan
                  Lefence
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Ibaka needs to stop driving to the rim on his close outs. Stop and pop, or kick it out. He's an offensive foul magnet
                    Those damn awkward ass layups while the lower half of his body bulldozes a guy under the rim over

EDIT: Ibaka is starting to remind me of 2 Pat a bit
                    OG is our king

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Korver took 17 shots last night - most since 2007. That guy doesn't iso or post up. So 17 shots means he got alot of open looks.

How does a guy like Kyle Korver get that many open shots?

JR Smith hit 5 3's last night as well. All of them were wide open too smh.
                      Who was guarding those guys. I can only hope it was mentioned to that guy during the review of the video.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Who was guarding those guys. I can only hope it was mentioned to that guy during the review of the video.
                        http://stats.nba.com/game/0041700201...DEF_PLAYER_ID=

Golly.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lol, all 5 of Korver's 3pt makes were on DeRozan.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Lol, all 5 of Korver's 3pt makes were on DeRozan.
                            Never mind three point makes. He was 1 for 5 on FGA's when guarded by anyone else, with only ONE three point ATTEMPT.

Cleveland had a 108 ORTG in this game.

In possessions where DeMar guarded Korver (not even when Korver shot, just when he guarded him), it was 129.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Never mind three point makes. He was 1 for 5 on FGA's when guarded by anyone else, with only ONE three point ATTEMPT.

Cleveland had a 108 ORTG in this game.

In possessions where DeMar guarded Korver (not even when Korver shot, just when he guarded him), it was 129.
                              We need PJ Tucker to get in DD’s grill.

Comment

• JR Smith had 2 on Lowry.. same issue there just a lot less obvious. Our all-stars need to step up defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X