Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    JR Smith had 2 on Lowry.. same issue there just a lot less obvious. Our all-stars need to step up defensively.
    Smith had his offence basically regardless of who was defending him (though notable not with DeMar on him, his third most frequent defender). His defensive matchups are all over the map. Korver was guarded by DeMar for well over half his possessions.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Smith had his offence basically regardless of who was defending him (though notable not with DeMar on him, his third most frequent defender). His defensive matchups are all over the map. Korver was guarded by DeMar for well over half his possessions.
      Might be better to put DeMar on Hill (if he's on the court) or JR Smith (if he's not).. and then slide someone else to cover Korver. I'd even prefer Lowry on Korver over DeMar.

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Might be better to put DeMar on Hill (if he's on the court) or JR Smith (if he's not).. and then slide someone else to cover Korver. I'd even prefer Lowry on Korver over DeMar.
        Trick is you have Ibaka to put somewhere when they are small. So right now they are putting Ibaka on Smith, which is working OK. Ideally you'd hide DeMar on Smith as well (they do this when the Cavs play big), but with Ibaka on him, DeMar has to slide to Hill. Which is also non-ideal, but I think I'd prefer it to DeMar on Korver, or Ibaka on Korver/Hill.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Wow. That’s terrible

          Comment


          • Lowe post today was on raps-cavs...always a good listen.

            Comment


            • *cries a little*

              The worst part is when DeMar drifts away from a shooter he doesn't do ANYTHING. Nothing. He is not shutting down drives with help D. He is not getting weak side blocks. He doesn't poke the ball away. He just drifts too far into no-man's land to recover to his shooter in time. Should be the easiest thing to just stand next to Korver and not move.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • I'm really curious to what degree the coaches point out/discuss these things with Demar.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

                Comment


                • Is that the next variation of our culture change? To make DeMar play defense?

                  Comment


                  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I'm really curious to what degree the coaches point out/discuss these things with Demar.
                    You're assuming the coaches are even aware of these ghastly numbers

                    Comment


                    • This is what I would say to DD:

                      Demar, you're excused from helping anyone on defence. You don't have to get rebounds, go for steals or position yourself for a fastbreak either. But you have one job: Always stay less than a foot away from Korver. I don't care if someone else has an open lane right in front you, if Korver is near, you're on him. You learned to be selfless on offence, but on defence, on this matchup, you can be selfish. Stay on your man and forget the rest.

                      JR and Korver combined for 39 points. That's what costs us the game. That's it. Everything else is noise.
                      2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                      Comment


                      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        You're assuming the coaches are even aware of these ghastly numbers
                        Yeah, that's part of it.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          JR and Korver combined for 39 points. That's what costs us the game. That's it. Everything else is noise.
                          It's how Indy nearly beat them, this was already known. Don't let anyone but Lebron get going.

                          OG probably did a better job on Lebron than Indy did all series. But the Raps let a couple of the other guys go off in a way they didn't the whole 7 games vs. the Pacers.

                          Still could have won by making one more missed bunny *pulls hair out*
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • S.R. wrote: View Post
                            It's how Indy nearly beat them, this was already known. Don't let anyone but Lebron get going.

                            OG probably did a better job on Lebron than Indy did all series. But the Raps let a couple of the other guys go off in a way they didn't the whole 7 games vs. the Pacers.

                            Still could have won by making one more missed bunny *pulls hair out*
                            Your last sentence still eating me alive today
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post
                              It's how Indy nearly beat them, this was already known. Don't let anyone but Lebron get going.

                              OG probably did a better job on Lebron than Indy did all series. But the Raps let a couple of the other guys go off in a way they didn't the whole 7 games vs. the Pacers.

                              Still could have won by making one more missed bunny *pulls hair out*
                              Yeah man. Cavs role players. They will make or break this series for the Raptors. Forget about LBJ. He's a high impact, low variance player, meaning he will get his and what you do has relative little difference. So do what you can on him but focus your defensive energy in the role players. Help defence on James is precisely what the cavs want. Don't do it.

                              This was said on the broadcast: on the 4 games cavs won against indy, Korver averaged 13 points. On the 3 they lost, he combined for less than 10.

                              I have seen people with a lot of different opinions here , but "stay home on cavs shooters" is as close to consensus as I've ever seen. Do that and we take this series.
                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                                *cries a little*

                                The worst part is when DeMar drifts away from a shooter he doesn't do ANYTHING. Nothing. He is not shutting down drives with help D. He is not getting weak side blocks. He doesn't poke the ball away. He just drifts too far into no-man's land to recover to his shooter in time. Should be the easiest thing to just stand next to Korver and not move.
                                Yeah, this drives me nuts. He spends time ball watching. If you see a guy hitting a wide open three, you can almost always look around and see DeMar off in the middle of nowhere, guarding no one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X