Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG is our king

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I've only ever heard of Lowe and Spears, who both picked Raps.
      Pelton and Engelmann are analytics guys, so them picking the Raps must mean they like the numbers. Engelmann is the guy who created RPM and he picked us in 5.

Of course numbers can lie but I'm hoping that chart you posted is part of the reason why this year will be different for us.

Comment

Keys to the series:

1. DeRozan & Lowry stick to the new culture and avoid the temptation to go toe-to-toe with LBJ - Raptors suck when they go into hero mode

2. Casey dictates the matchups and uses JV to punish the Cavs when they go small, rather than forcing JV to ride the pine, which plays right into Cleveland's hands

3. Don't let the Cavs not named LeBron get hot - I don't care how many points LBJ puts up, since Cleveland will only go as far as their supporting cast takes them (ie: cover the damn perimeter and secure defensive rebounds - see point #2)

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
          OG likes to cut off the ball a lot. Also depending on how Kyle and DeMar play through the series LeBron might end up guarding one of them
          That could be important...Lebron is not going to want to be chasing him around

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            You've never heard of Bobby Marks and Ramona Shelbourne?
            Actually, Marks yes. Shelbourne, no.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Then we need to run a lot of plays through OG and make LBJ work hard on defense. Of course, Casey won't do it, but a huge advantage for the Cavs is that we stick OG in the corner and Lebron can just take a nap out there.
              Don't need to run plays for him necessarily, it would be good to have him moving a bit more off the ball, run him off more screens etc. A little less standing in the corner.

When OG sits it'll be interesting to see where they put Lebron. Likely on Siakam. Miles in the closing lineups?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't think I've ever wished harm upon anyone, but...

Comment

It's that time of year again.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    With every passing game of the season, the destined battle became clear. One day the king would come. On that day, Zainab would be ready.
                    The true lebron stopper.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

This is why this year will be different. From the main page:

Print this chart and tape it to the back of Casey's COTY award.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

3. Don't let the Cavs not named LeBron get hot - I don't care how many points LBJ puts up, since Cleveland will only go as far as their supporting cast takes them (ie: cover the damn perimeter and secure defensive rebounds - see point #2)
                        I keep seeing this point but you have to be careful with that line of thinking. Remember, the Raps tried to 'let Lebron get his' in 2016 early on in games 1 and 2 and it was a layup line to the basket. Lebron had to work really hard to get buckets against Indy and that's the key: yeah, let Lebron get his but make sure he has to expend and enormous amount of energy doing so.

The one thing I would add to your list is pace. Raps can do the one thing Indy couldn't do over 48 minutes: push the pace. Especially late in the series, going half court battle with Lebron while the Cavs are getting 40+ free throws to Raps ~20 won't work.

Comment

Oh yes, Cleveland. As JClaw says, it is that time of year again....

Comment

This should be a coming out party for our two all-stars. Talk is cheap. Now is the time to deliver.

I hope Lowry's first heat check three goes in.. that's usually when you know he's on his game. Once he's got his shot going everything else falls into place. He battles hard around screens. Works hard for rebounds. Get's in your face on defense. Makes you pay if you turn it over.

DeMar needs to attack the rim. He's got no defenders that can stop him. And someone has to keep reminding him that this is a new culture.. a new offense. He should play the Lebron game. Attack the rim and dish out to an open 3pt shooter if and when he gets double teamed.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Oh yes, Cleveland. As JClaw says, it is that time of year again....

Lol, I love annual traditions.

Comment

Cavaliers Offensive Efficiency Based On Who Guards LeBron
                                PLAYER(S) OFF. EFFICIENCY
                                OG Anunoby 109.4
                                Other Raptors 137.6
                                Source: Second Spectrum

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...ayoffs#raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X