Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebron won't guard Derozan. You know how tired he would be guarding our best player and playing 42+ minutes? If he does and succeeds then he deserves all the credit.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      That looks like someone doodled on a napkin. C'mon front pagers get you asses in gear, it's the second round for crying out loud.
      Nah man. These graphics are incredibly telling. It's pretty fascinating how they play out for different squads.

That's an incredible achievement for a team from one year to the next right there and about as strong a picture of the culture change as you're gonna get.

Comment

Here is the mentality the Raptors need: Decimate the Cavs so that [god forbid] they beat the Raptors, make sure it comes at a cost either physically or mentally. Don't purposely injure them, but you can't let them advance without taking a limb or two (metaphorically speaking).

To sum it up: Go down swinging. If they beat you, then you tried your best and you just couldn't succeed. You can't win everything in life, but you can damn well try your best so that your opponent doesn't end up winning either.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          Lebron won't guard Derozan. You know how tired he would be guarding our best player and playing 42+ minutes? If he does and succeeds then he deserves all the credit.
          He might not have a choice, at least for some chunk of minutes each game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

For once I'm happy to have all of these days in between Raptors games. Usually I'm pining for my next fix at this point
            OG is our king

Comment

SAS basically implied refs + cavs vs. Pacers.... not that we didn't know already.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

I love OG

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

OG aka future captain of this ship or the new one when this one sinks....

Comment

I've been touting all season, I feel like the crop of young'ns don't fear the playoffs. They weren't around or if they were they were on the end of bench for the choke jobs. Fearless little bastards
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Keys to the series:

1. DeRozan & Lowry stick to the new culture and avoid the temptation to go toe-to-toe with LBJ - Raptors suck when they go into hero mode

2. Casey dictates the matchups and uses JV to punish the Cavs when they go small, rather than forcing JV to ride the pine, which plays right into Cleveland's hands

3. Don't let the Cavs not named LeBron get hot - I don't care how many points LBJ puts up, since Cleveland will only go as far as their supporting cast takes them (ie: cover the damn perimeter and secure defensive rebounds - see point #2)
                        I'm going to add a fourth key:

4. Win game #1. Important to both maintain home court advantage, and to prevent the doubt and LBJ from getting in the Raps' collective head. Set the tone early and step on their throats, using the hometown fans to great advantage.

Comment

I am worried that the shitty Cavs players will go HAM.... for some reason that always happens. Stupid Jose will become Steve Nash or something.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Would warn you guys against underestimating the Cavs. They aren't as bad as they played in round 1. Top offense in the NBA post trade deadline.
                            Wasn't aware of this. Common thought had been that they've sucked since the deadline. That stat surprises me.

Can someone please elaborate? Is this strictly Lebron? Supporting cast? How have they managed this?

Comment

This fucking kid. What an absolute stud.

Comment

Raptors in 6.

Lebron got cramps and had leave a crucial Game 7. He is lucky the other players stepped up and Pacers didn’t blow them out.

Even Lebron has limits. Make him work every play, and his limits will catch up to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X