Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 2: Toronto Raptors 110 - Cleveland Steamers 128 (CLE 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo
    replied
    Why is Toronto full of choke artists?

Raps? Choke

Leafs? Choke

Jays? Choke

fucking hell.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    What a waste of Goldblum’s gifs

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We've changed the role players over and over now and we still choke. MAY be time to start looking at the only constant..coach Casey and his regular season all stars
    The only constant is they keep running into Lebron. Toronto doesn't have a Lebron.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Ball wrote: View Post
    What kills me is that the 2016 Raptors did better. And that was a much worse team than the one right now.
    That team has a lot of grit. This team is soft as fuck.

Biyombo is tougher than any of these players combined.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    We're going to get swept out of the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years ahahahahahaahahahahahahaha kill me now ahahahahahahaha
    That says a lot about our lack of focus and mental toughness.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    Feels like my heart was ripped out
    LeBron is bbqing our hearts.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I am so fucking sick of this team.

Casey-Lowry-DeMar are all poor playoff performers.

Lowry produces, but he is too erratic and mentally doesn't have the poise you need from a floor general.

DeMar still tries to force things too often, and in the playoffs you can't afford that. He is not MJ or even Kobe. He needs to realize that and play like a team player, on BOTH FUCKING ENDS (which both those guys did anyway). He can produce, but even when he does there's too much a risk that he does it the wrong way.

Casey just doesn't know how to coach in-game. He has a poor feel for adjustments, and coaches with panic. Almost every adjustment he makes feels like him just throwing shit at the wall.

---

JV is the only guy who almost always performs up to or beyond expectations in the playoffs.

Ibaka is probably untradeable until next summer when he gets into "expiring" territory. Maybe Masai can work some magic.

OG, Siakam, Wright and FVV should all be kept if we can.

I'm fine with keeping Poeltl for now, but I think I'd rather keep JV long term and try to use Poeltl as trade bait before his rookie deal runs out. Poeltl's got great defensive potential because of his mobility...but he's so soft and still pretty limited (despite his efficiency) on offence. And what if he never really gets that much better with his fouling rate? Sell high on him now. JV's deal make it hard to use him as a core piece for a star, and pretty much makes it impossible to get fair value. Maybe you can attach Poeltl to someone and actually rebuild on the fly if you can get a good enough player. Heck, with Masai, maybe he can attach him to Ibaka (and maybe a pick) and actually get another all-star type talent. You never know.

Shop Lowry and DeMar at least to see what the market is. But first and foremost, finally gotta make the coaching change. And hey, maybe Stack would be an improvement and a natural homegrown successor.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu May 3, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Kyle and Demar press conference:

NOW we know what we have to do.

After game 3 loss:

NOW we know what we have to do.

After game 4 sweep:

NOW we know what we need to do to win next year

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    What kills me is that the 2016 Raptors did better. And that was a much worse team than the one right now.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    Feels like my heart was ripped out

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    We've changed the role players over and over now and we still choke. MAY be time to start looking at the only constant..coach Casey and his regular season all stars

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    Tell it Matt. I need someone to console me.

Leave a comment:

• Deathswap
    replied
    "Valuabe experience" ... Too bad it's not something that can be cashed in

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    I turned it off. Got to not think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    This is seriously depressing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X