Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly preferred the Bargnani years to this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly preferred the Bargnani years to this...

At least we knew we were trash and we could delight in the small things. Coming back in the 4th against better teams only to lose. Cheering on scrubs like Jamario Moon. Pizza night if we score 100.

Now we're just fake good. Dominate in the regular season then disappoint in the playoffs. It hurts so much fucking more.

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    At least we knew we were trash and we could delight in the small things. Coming back in the 4th against better teams only to lose. Cheering on scrubs like Jamario Moon. Pizza night if we score 100.

Now we're just fake good. Dominate in the regular season then disappoint in the playoffs. It hurts so much fucking more.
    Meh. It sucks that we can't beat LeBron, and keep getting stuck in his bracket. Hard cap on success. I do prefer some success to none though.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Don't let the optimism fade that quickly Shaolin. So you were wrong about 1 game. It's still first team to 4.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
        Don't let the optimism fade that quickly Shaolin. So you were wrong about 1 game. It's still first team to 4.
        I can't keep it up anymore man this team is just too depressing.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Meh. It sucks that we can't beat LeBron, and keep getting stuck in his bracket. Hard cap on success. I do prefer some success to none though.
          There's nothing wrong with being in Lebron's bracket and losing to an all-time great. I relish the challenge. Just play smart and with some effin' heart, like the Pacers. That's all anybody is asking for.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            This year, there isn't a cap, though. The Pacers proved that this Cavs team is vulnerable.

We could have taken advantage, but didn't. This wasn't the case in the past two years.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

I would take an infinite crushing defeats at the hands of LeBron, than have to sit through another minute of this fuck face.

I especially don't miss his idiotic fans/stans.

Comment

Extreme shift from the adamant prediction that we'd win games 2 and 3.

The Bargnani years had similar lack of fight, if you're going to pine for better times, probably not the best era.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I would take an infinite crushing defeats at the hands of LeBron, than have to sit through another minute of this fuck face.

I especially don't miss his idiotic fans/stans.
                  Dude this is much more entertaining than these playoff Raptors.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Dread it. Run from it. An ass-whooping from LeBron still arrives.

Comment

No, the Bargnani years were awful. The team was getting punked in the regular season, not just by a GOAT player in the postseason.

This season was still the most fun I've had watching Raptors basketball - the team basketball they played for most of 82 games was better and more entertaining than any other Raptors squad. It's right up there with how much fun it was watching young Vince as an individual player.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The best thing about the Bargnani days were some of the great back and forth threads we saw at RR. There were 2-3 homers that just took their Bargnani love to a new level.

We sort of got that with the DeMar but not at the same level. I kind of miss that. But watching that team play defense was a joke. And then the management around it was even sadder. I do not want to relive the Bryan Colangelo era of paying for lazy unskilled role players year over year and hoping and praying for lottery balls only to get disappointed by the pick (Ross over Drummond for example).

Comment

Yeah I’m happier as a Raps fan now than the Bargnani days. Even if Raptors continue to lose against Lebron, the growth of OG and the bench mob is something I’m excited about going forward.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The best thing about the Bargnani days were some of the great back and forth threads we saw at RR. There were 2-3 homers that just took their Bargnani love to a new level.

We sort of got that with the DeMar but not at the same level. I kind of miss that. But watching that team play defense was a joke. And then the management around it was even sadder. I do not want to relive the Bryan Colangelo era of paying for lazy unskilled role players year over year and hoping and praying for lottery balls only to get disappointed by the pick (Ross over Drummond for example).
                            Multipaul for the win!
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Multipaul for the win!
                              And cesco and pizzaman and p00ka

Comment

Working...
                              X