Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Needed to Vent...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Needed to Vent...

    After a game 1 loss that we should have won easily, and leading for 6 out 8 quarters it comes to be obvious that Composure and lack there of is relevant we are getting swept but the manner in which we are doing so is detrimental to the franchise in the long run. The first is OG everyone is pointing to Miles and Love but the horrible thing i saw Casey do was take OG out against Lebron if you want to give him a breather maybe like 5 min or 6 but to take him out was ridiculous and to Switch Pascal on him. Was when the game got out of hand because then our defence was compromised and Love ran around hitting uncontested 3s because Miles and Demar couldn't guard him in space the line up changes in game 2 also confused our guys Casey was switching lineups every 5 min. Pascal on Love OG on Lebron single coverage stay locked on shooters as soon as Lebron hit jumpers we went into panic mode. We have the ability to guard single coverage as we did in game 1 play normal rotations. We don't attack Lebron again this allows him to coast. We have the better team I just want us to compete for the last two games. Play all out **** this fear of playing in Cleveland we had the best 3 point defence Lock on shooters. I don't buy this Lebron is unbeatable narrative jammed down our throat. We are beating ourselves. And last the turnovers the reason why Cleveland has such a low amount of turnovers is because we don't attack them in the paint. Sorry for the random post just want to say this all upsetting for someone who has followed the team since 95....

  • #2
    Raps in 7 wrote: View Post
    After a game 1 loss that we should have won easily, and leading for 6 out 8 quarters it comes to be obvious that Composure and lack there of is relevant we are getting swept but the manner in which we are doing so is detrimental to the franchise in the long run. The first is OG everyone is pointing to Miles and Love but the horrible thing i saw Casey do was take OG out against Lebron if you want to give him a breather maybe like 5 min or 6 but to take him out was ridiculous and to Switch Pascal on him. Was when the game got out of hand because then our defence was compromised and Love ran around hitting uncontested 3s because Miles and Demar couldn't guard him in space the line up changes in game 2 also confused our guys Casey was switching lineups every 5 min. Pascal on Love OG on Lebron single coverage stay locked on shooters as soon as Lebron hit jumpers we went into panic mode. We have the ability to guard single coverage as we did in game 1 play normal rotations. We don't attack Lebron again this allows him to coast. We have the better team I just want us to compete for the last two games. Play all out **** this fear of playing in Cleveland we had the best 3 point defence Lock on shooters. I don't buy this Lebron is unbeatable narrative jammed down our throat. We are beating ourselves. And last the turnovers the reason why Cleveland has such a low amount of turnovers is because we don't attack them in the paint. Sorry for the random post just want to say this all upsetting for someone who has followed the team since 95....

    Comment


    • #3
      Raps in 7 wrote: View Post
      After a game 1 loss that we should have won easily, and leading for 6 out 8 quarters it comes to be obvious that Composure and lack there of is relevant we are getting swept but the manner in which we are doing so is detrimental to the franchise in the long run. The first is OG everyone is pointing to Miles and Love but the horrible thing i saw Casey do was take OG out against Lebron if you want to give him a breather maybe like 5 min or 6 but to take him out was ridiculous and to Switch Pascal on him. Was when the game got out of hand because then our defence was compromised and Love ran around hitting uncontested 3s because Miles and Demar couldn't guard him in space the line up changes in game 2 also confused our guys Casey was switching lineups every 5 min. Pascal on Love OG on Lebron single coverage stay locked on shooters as soon as Lebron hit jumpers we went into panic mode. We have the ability to guard single coverage as we did in game 1 play normal rotations. We don't attack Lebron again this allows him to coast. We have the better team I just want us to compete for the last two games. Play all out **** this fear of playing in Cleveland we had the best 3 point defence Lock on shooters. I don't buy this Lebron is unbeatable narrative jammed down our throat. We are beating ourselves. And last the turnovers the reason why Cleveland has such a low amount of turnovers is because we don't attack them in the paint. Sorry for the random post just want to say this all upsetting for someone who has followed the team since 95....
      I know, pal. I know.


      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks man I needed the laugh do we have one more heartbreaking loss in game 4 I think we do...

        Comment


        • #5
          Raps in 7 wrote: View Post
          After a game 1 loss that we should have won easily, and leading for 6 out 8 quarters it comes to be obvious that Composure and lack there of is relevant we are getting swept but the manner in which we are doing so is detrimental to the franchise in the long run. The first is OG everyone is pointing to Miles and Love but the horrible thing i saw Casey do was take OG out against Lebron if you want to give him a breather maybe like 5 min or 6 but to take him out was ridiculous and to Switch Pascal on him. Was when the game got out of hand because then our defence was compromised and Love ran around hitting uncontested 3s because Miles and Demar couldn't guard him in space the line up changes in game 2 also confused our guys Casey was switching lineups every 5 min. Pascal on Love OG on Lebron single coverage stay locked on shooters as soon as Lebron hit jumpers we went into panic mode. We have the ability to guard single coverage as we did in game 1 play normal rotations. We don't attack Lebron again this allows him to coast. We have the better team I just want us to compete for the last two games. Play all out **** this fear of playing in Cleveland we had the best 3 point defence Lock on shooters. I don't buy this Lebron is unbeatable narrative jammed down our throat. We are beating ourselves. And last the turnovers the reason why Cleveland has such a low amount of turnovers is because we don't attack them in the paint. Sorry for the random post just want to say this all upsetting for someone who has followed the team since 95....
          Ugh.

          Game one was a blow out, refs made it close and they lost.
          Game 2 was Lebron, but a lot of "Lebron" is because they have zero idea how to guard him as they get called for a foul if they do.

          Game three, again, refs in action.


          Stop analyzing shit that isn't there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Ugh.

            Game one was a blow out, refs made it close and they lost.
            Game 2 was Lebron, but a lot of "Lebron" is because they have zero idea how to guard him as they get called for a foul if they do.

            Game three, again, refs in action.


            Stop analyzing shit that isn't there.
            I kind of believe in the NBA Illumati theory, but then: how did the Pacers take 3 game off Lebron in the first round, no less? That's hard to explain. Almost took them out, in fact.

            Comment


            • #7
              golden wrote: View Post
              I kind of believe in the NBA Illumati theory, but then: how did the Pacers take 3 game off Lebron in the first round, no less? That's hard to explain. Almost took them out, in fact.
              Indiana plays a physical style of game (while retaining finesse elements to their game); this requires players who are both physically mature enough to not get pushed around, and players who are established enough to get some number of playoff non-calls going their way (like Stephenson). (Having a reputation for defensive intensity also helps in this regard). Our best defenders at the 2/3/4, from a physical tools and thinking-the-game perspective, are a rookie and sophomore, and in my opinion, neither of them are fully at the point where they have grown into their physically adult bodies. They generally defended LeBron well, but were in no position to wear him down by constantly bodying him like the Pacers did.

              (Side note: Ibaka was supposed to be that player who could play good physical defense on Lebron, but he's clearly not the player anymore that we hoped he would be. Paradoxically, it's entirely possible that we would be a better team against the Cavs with Biyombo in the Ibaka spot now that Derozan and Valanciunas can at least credibly threaten to shoot the three, even though you'd think that Ibaka is actually the more talented player.)

              It's worth stating that, even without going full Illuminati, it's clear that both NBA and NHL referees ref their games like they are finesse games in the regular season and like they are power/physicality games in the playoffs. By way of example: both the Predators and the Jets were getting no-calls on what would be regular-season crosschecks in that series's game 5; even someone who's a bit of a hockey know-nothing like me could not help but notice that. Why were these crosschecks allowed? Because that additional physicality is simply expected of playoff hockey. Add to that the natural reluctance of refs to make the call that decides the game or even the series, and the whistles can swallowed even more; there have been a couple of prominent NHL suspensions this year issued on plays where the refs were situationally reluctant to even call a penalty. Bringing this back to basketball: If your team's offense is not predicated on getting to the free throw line, you are much better off in the playoffs offensively (as Toronto still is, I think), but if you are unable to match the physicality of the other team's defense, the shift in playoff reffing to allow more physicality on defense is still a net negative there for you.
              Last edited by TheWaterboy; Tue May 8th, 2018, 10:56 PM. Reason: Grammar is important, kiddos.

              Comment


              • #8
                Its all crap.
                NBA needs Lebron in the finals.

                Game one said it all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Its all crap.
                  NBA needs Lebron in the finals.

                  Game one said it all.
                  C'mon now. You don't think the Raps forgetting how to play basketball had anything to do with Game 1's outcome?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lol so now we're using the Illuminati as an excuse.

                    This franchise is finished.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Lol so now we're using the Illuminati as an excuse.

                      This franchise is finished.
                      For the year, yes we're finished indeed.

                      Easy with the melodramatics
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Its all crap.
                        NBA needs Lebron in the finals.

                        Game one said it all.
                        The Raptors missed their last 11 shots in the 4th. That's why they lost G1. In other words, they choked......again.
                        Is this the dagger!!!?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wouldn't have mattered has the game been allowed to play out like it should have.

                          Blows my mind that you dweebs who are here, literally every day, and watch every game, l;iterally, cannot see when this stuff is happening.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Wouldn't have mattered has the game been allowed to play out like it should have.

                            Blows my mind that you dweebs who are here, literally every day, and watch every game, l;iterally, cannot see when this stuff is happening.
                            Then why are you even watching anymore?

                            Every single game, based on your logic, can only go 2 ways:
                            1) Ref keeps it close, Raptors lose lead and game.
                            2) Opposing team wins cleanly, BUT you claim the refs would've helped them anyways had the game been close.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Wouldn't have mattered has the game been allowed to play out like it should have.

                              Blows my mind that you dweebs who are here, literally every day, and watch every game, l;iterally, cannot see when this stuff is happening.
                              They missed their last 11 shots in the 4th. Stop whining at the referees every fucking time.
                              Is this the dagger!!!?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X