Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 93 - Cleveland Cavaliers 128 (CLE WINS 4-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Yea if Cleveland sweeps Boston and wins the finals it’s a reason to bring everyone back. If Boston puts up a fight I think it’s evident we are further away.
    I think it's the opposite, because of Brad Stevens. If the Cavs sweep Boston, the rationale will be: see, even Brad Stevens got steam-rolled by Lebron.... there's nothing wrong with this roster or this coach. It's just the curse of Lebronto.

We need to really hope that LeBoston becomes a meme, so people will quickly forget WTF just happened the past week and a half.

Comment

• When the Cavs score 128 to eliminate your team, you expect LeBron to have got more than 28 of them. The Raps have more issues than just LeBron. Maybe that was more a bi-product of th eteam mailing it in once thye got down 20 in the 4th.

PS
      I will never so mauch as touch a Sprite again....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Once again, the sun came up, I walked my dog and breakfast is upcoming.

We'll survive ....

Casey gets canned maybe, maybe not (but he should be if for no other reasons than optics or give another voice/coaching philosophy a chance) never mind the absolutely baffling coaching decisions he makes with far too much regularity....like every game.

One of DD, Lowry or Ibaka needs to go but what does it get you if it costs cash and picks for meh a la DeMarre Carroll? Why are our signings so bad we often have to eat salary and include a draft pick just to get out from under them?

Would fans be OK with taking a step back, finishing 45-50 wins and 5-8 in the East and bowing out in the playoffs to ANYONE but Cleveland for the next 3-4 years? I'm thinking many find that preferable.

How do you think fans of the Hornets, Nets, Magic and Hawks feel? How about the Nuggets, Kings, Grizzlies or Suns? Some of the guys on here must be 20 years old and can't remember how bad and hopeless this team was for years on end. I don't wanna go back .... but we watched becuase we loved basketball.

Sometimes, these ARE the good old days ....
        In the NBA, you either try to be the best or try to be the worst. Being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be. Raptors need to blow this up and stockpile assets.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          A lot of that is either from Game 1 or with Tristan on the floor, but I'll concede that JV on the floor with Love wasn't used enough.

And that 80% 3 PT percentage isn't a sustainable real number, but yes the team as a whole could not do anything about Love. Which is kind of my point.
          MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I'm just gonna leave this here

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          As for the "well, some of that was with Thompson on the court" comment, well, no, not really.

http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612761...ER_NAME*E*love
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What a disaster that was. Just so embarrassing. Before the playoffs started the only thing I thought the team needed to do was to find a place to trade Norm and to bring back Fred.

We can't do what the Wizards do every year. Which is bring back the same core and hope to do something in the playoffs, even though they never do. We should be better than that. Masai should aim to be better than Ernie Grunfeld.

So screw Norm.. keep him, trade him, whatever.. he's the least of our worries.

Goal #1 has to be to fire Casey. We need a new head at the snake. Casey is a great guy.. and maybe in 5-6 years he'll be associated with the Raptors in some capacity.. like Sam is now with TSN (ie, MLSE). But we need a new voice.. a guy that can potentially fix our playoff woes.

Goal #2 has to be to trade DeMar. Love the guy.. says all the right things. Is a really nice human being and role model. But he doesn't play defense. Even Harden is playing defense this year. There is a pride thing.. and DeMar may have it but he doesn't deliver in the playoffs where it matters the most.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I think it's the opposite, because of Brad Stevens. If the Cavs sweep Boston, the rationale will be: see, even Brad Stevens got steam-rolled by Lebron.... there's nothing wrong with this roster or this coach. It's just the curse of Lebronto.

We need to really hope that LeBoston becomes a meme, so people will quickly forget WTF just happened the past week and a half.
              It doesn't matter what Boston does. The Pacers winning three against the Cavs while we got swept twice is enough proof that this roster and coach are flawed.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                In the NBA, you either try to be the best or try to be the worst. Being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be. Raptors need to blow this up and stockpile assets.
                Well they're not going to "try to be the worst" nor would they be able to be with some of the sad sack teams out there. And if you think being stuck in the middle (which evidently includes a 59W season and playoff round victory) is "the worst place to be" then you haven't been around to witness incredibly mediocre basketball.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  This might be what YOU want, but it won't be what happens.

My wish for this off-season is we don't go back and forth all day every day on tank or not to tank and stick with feasible realistic discussion on what's gonna happen
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    As for the "well, some of that was with Thompson on the court" comment, well, no, not really.

http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612761...ER_NAME*E*love
                    So he got off 9 total 3 pointers on 23 possessions per game on JV, whereas he got 3 off on 17.5 possessions per game against Ibaka. I think that's more telling than the really tiny sample sizes on 3 point percentages.

Regardless Kevin Love did not kill the Raptors from 3, he killed the Raptors down low. And yes, JV should have been on the court to force Kevin Love to be a 3 point shooter because he hasn't been a good one the last little while. I think we're all in agreement on that.

(Hilariously and telling you how hard Casey's job is sometimes, Zach Lowe got on Casey for not playing enough Ibaka at centre in the first two games, basically telling him he did a bad coaching job for basically opposite reasons.)
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• lol
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Just want to post this here.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If the blow-it-up that isn't going to happen, happen:
                          You trade DeMar for a decent player and picks but you're not getting anyone much better, unless just defensively. But you can get his 28M 2019 salary taken.

You trade Lowry for nothing of significance and still have to pick up 15M+ of his 31M 2019 salary

You trade Ibaka for nothing and still have to pay 13M of his 23M 2019 salary PLUS PICKS

Norm is very likely untradeable unles you pick up some salary for a team that will take a chance on a bouceback player for half of 9M

All the guys some fans want to trade will cost lost of money to move. And you can't just take picks back, the salaries have to match up for many teams. Why do we often have to pay the salaries and or include picks to move guys??? DeMarre Carrol all over again....

The best we can hope for is to can Casey for Stackhouse before coach C ruins the kids, somehow move Ibaka or Lowry imo. I'd actually move Kyle (who I love as a player but was an easy 10M overpay) over DD just due to age and I think a new coach to still mold DeRozan.

If we move Casey but have to wait until Ibaka, Kyle, Norm, DD expire, it will be a very long season next year.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            This might be what YOU want, but it won't be what happens.

My wish for this off-season is we don't go back and forth all day every day on tank or not to tank and stick with feasible realistic discussion on what's gonna happen
                            10FTW excepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• God is really angry at Toronna sports right now.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                God is really angry at Toronna sports right now.

And Robert osuna just put a huge black eye on his legacy

Pardon the pun.

Sports is crazy. Toronto had an all time great day like 2 weeks ago or less. And now..
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X