• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan van gundy

I think Detroit just let him go. Get rid of Casey plz

Meh, doesn't move the needle.

Comment

The only change at head coach if a change is to be made, is Stackhouse.
      He's the one that molded FVV, OG, Siakam, Poeltl, Bebe etc if you believe they are the future. I'd bet they progress better and faster here under Stack than Casey. And give JV proper floor time. Another voice might even make DeMar accountable on D and Lowry bring it every night.
      Last edited by G__Deane; Mon May 7, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        He's the one that molded FVV, Siakam, Poeltl, Bebe etc if you believe they are the future. I'd bet they progress better and faster here under Stack than Casey. And give JV proper floor time. Another voice might even make DeMar accountable on D and Lowry bring it every night.
        I second this, give Jerry the opportunity. He has the poise and demeanor of an actual leader.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          He's the one that molded FVV, Siakam, Poeltl, Bebe etc if you believe they are the future. I'd bet they progress better and faster here under Stack than Casey. And give JV proper floor time. Another voice might even make DeMar accountable on D and Lowry bring it every night.
          What evidence do you have that Stack would do any of that? The people that want Casey out want him gone because he isn't a great tactician like Boston Brad. You're not getting that by replacing him with Stack.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Meh, doesn't move the needle.
            I think he's a great(or at least very good) Coach, horrible GM
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I think he's a great(or at least very good) Coach, horrible GM
              I think he's a good tactician, or at least, an improvement over Casey in that regard. But he also seems like the type of guy who's always pissed off. The type whose voice would expire quickly in the locker room. Like Thibodeau.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I think he's a good tactician, or at least, an improvement over Casey in that regard. But he also seems like the type of guy who's always pissed off. The type whose voice would expire quickly in the locker room. Like Thibodeau.
                I don't think SVG would ever want to come to a situation like Toronto where he wasn't in charge. There's a reason he insisted on the structure in Detroit and it was because of how Riley screwed him over in Miami and Howard and the GM let him down in Orlando.

I agree with you on his life expectancy as a coach, too.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  I don't think SVG would ever want to come to a situation like Toronto where he wasn't in charge. There's a reason he insisted on the structure in Detroit and it was because of how Riley screwed him over in Miami and Howard and the GM let him down in Orlando.

I agree with you on his life expectancy as a coach, too.
                  I don't think hes gonna have the same pick of the litter he had 5 years ago. Stan Van will be happy to coach again period, he's on pretty thin ice reputation wise I think

Comment

No.

Stackhouse, Nurse or grabbing one of the assistant coaches off of the Spurs would be the way I'd want to go.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I kind of like the Messina idea, but I think he'll wait it out until Pop retires.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                        No.

Stackhouse, Nurse or grabbing one of the assistant coaches off of the Spurs would be the way I'd want to go.
                        I'd prefer a bigger veteran name with clout. Promoting from within will be more of the same I fear

Comment

They wasting their time if they going to hire in house. It’s the same story different face. SVG is a really good coach he has never had a really good GM including himself

Comment

Shaq called SVG the "Master of Panic". The last thing we need is a guy that panic's when things get tough. We desperately need guys with mental toughness.

I'd prefer JVG if we're looking at Van Gundy's. JVG handled the NY press like a champ and still got them to the finals back in the day.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Shaq called SVG the "Master of Panic". The last thing we need is a guy that panic's when things get tough. We desperately need guys with mental toughness.

I'd prefer JVG if we're looking at Van Gundy's. JVG handled the NY press like a champ and still got them to the finals back in the day.
                              I'd much prefer Jeff Van, would be an incredible get. Mostly because I think he has huge cache among players, he's a NBA celeb not unlike Barkley and Kenny the Jet, and would have big clout in the Raptors locker room

Comment

Working...
                              X