Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Definitely both.
    Given how tight games 1 and 3 were, a slightly better performance from either could have won those games. With those wins a good chance the team doesn't quit in games. 2 and 4.

The team quitting in 2 out of 4 games is also definitely on everybody.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Powell isn't any fucking good.

We have exactly one prospect that's actually got great upside and that's OG. Poeltl, Siakam and Wright MIGHT be starters at best.

Need to tank and get better talent.

Swap DeMar for whatever assets you can get. Move Lowry and Ibaka for worse contracts and picks/prospects. You can't dump them but you can do something like trading Lowry to NY and taking on Noah's contract in exchange for like Ntilikina and a future 1st. Ditto with Serge. We're not gonna be a FA player so taking on those deals is a non-issue.
      If they can manage to construct deals to both shed short term salary and gain prospects, I wouldn't be opposed to that. The Noah idea is a good one - they could even stretch his deal if they expect to be bad for a while. Adding prospects and picks is good. But I doubt they get bad enough for their own pick to get into the high lottery. And I also doubt a move like that for Lowry will be available - the Knicks I'm sure want off that money but whether they give up picks/prospects (especially to Masai Ujiri) is pretty questionable.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        If they can manage to construct deals to both shed short term salary and gain prospects, I wouldn't be opposed to that. The Noah idea is a good one - they could even stretch his deal if they expect to be bad for a while. Adding prospects and picks is good. But I doubt they get bad enough for their own pick to get into the high lottery. And I also doubt a move like that for Lowry will be available - the Knicks I'm sure want off that money but whether they give up picks/prospects (especially to Masai Ujiri) is pretty questionable.
        It was just an idea but those are the deals I think we can make with Serge/Lowry. Take back bad deals but get prospects and picks in return.

Like Ibaka to Portland for Zach Collins and Evan Turner's contract could even be a possibility if they're trying to get a guy who's more proven right now for example.

EDIT: I do agree with you it might be hard to be really bad. Especially if JV sticks around. Might have to trade him as well.
        Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Wed May 9, 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          It was just an idea but those are the deals I think we can make with Serge/Lowry. Take back bad deals but get prospects and picks in return.

Like Ibaka to Portland for Zach Collins and Evan Turner's contract could even be a possibility if they're trying to get a guy who's more proven right now for example.

EDIT: I do agree with you it might be hard to be really bad. Especially if JV sticks around. Might have to trade him as well.
          Yeah, my concern with getting bad is they have to move so many pieces to truly get bad - and the opportunities to move those pieces are going to be rare, especially if they want value out of those moves. So they can probably pull off one or two deals like that, but as much as I hate to place limits on what Masai can do, it's hard to envision them being able to deal 3 of their 4 best players to be able to get bad enough - and even then you are probably in the "pray" section of the lotto, not among the true tankers.

They'll be able to pivot to a rebuild much more easily next summer, IMO. But for the moment I don't mind exploring possibilities, I just think the likely path is a competitive team next season, with a new coach and hopefully a nice return on a DeMar deal.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Drafting is the still the best way to build a contender. I'll post this again.

All the main winners in the past 15ish years:
            Lakers - kobe
            Spurs - Duncan
            Celtics- pierce
            Mavs - dirk
            Heat - wade
            Cavs - LeBron
            Warriors- curry

What do all of these have in common? Each of them drafted one or more of their superstars. Drafting well (and in the lottery) is the best way to build a contender. How do you maximize chances of drafting Well? Tanking
            That seems logical but it’s the same thing as saying that most of the people who suddenly became millionaires in Ontario last year won the lottery. It may be true but I wouldn’t use that as financial planning. Cherry picking the times that it works ignores the fact that it usually doesn’t. And that can be a dark place for a team.

Comment

Working...
            X