Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Wall for Lowry .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you trade Wall for Lowry .

    It seems Wizard's and Wall are headed for a divorce but Wall's contract maybe hard to move . Lowry has just two years remaining on his contract and one year from being an expiring contract . Lowry and Powel for Wall ?

  • #2
    No.

    Because it starts with talking about problems, problems you have and problems you don't.

    Point guard and center aren't problems the Raptors have.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

    Comment


    • #3
      Waste of time. Not a superstar. Doesn't get us over the hump.

      Tank.

      Comment


      • #4
        Barolt wrote: View Post
        No.

        Because it starts with talking about problems, problems you have and problems you don't.

        Point guard and center aren't problems the Raptors have.
        I couldn't agree with this more.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm intrigued. 1) because Wall is younger. 2) because of Wall's ability to push the ball (that's his default setting, really). Wall running with the 2nd unit could be a thing of beauty.

          Concerns are his durability, and taking defensive possessions off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm intrigued. 1) because Wall is younger. 2) because of Wall's ability to push the ball (that's his default setting, really). Wall running with the 2nd unit could be a thing of beauty.

            Concerns are his durability, and taking defensive possessions off.
            I'd be concerned how he meshes with DeMar's game. Beal should have been a great fit and it hasn't worked out.

            Comment


            • #7
              To answer the question, yes I would maybe (LOL) trade Wall for Lowry. I don't love his personality, but from a purely talent standpoint he is a mismatch for the vast majority of the league and would make for a better talent to build this team around than anyone we currently have. The reality of whether he can ever focus on just basketball and be motivated is the only thing that would hold me back.

              Comment


              • #8
                LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I'd be concerned how he meshes with DeMar's game. Beal should have been a great fit and it hasn't worked out.
                I should've clarified, that I was speaking under the assumption that DeRozan's already traded, lol. Maybe for Wiggins

                Comment


                • #9
                  LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  To answer the question, yes I would maybe (LOL) trade Wall for Lowry. I don't love his personality, but from a purely talent standpoint he is a mismatch for the vast majority of the league and would make for a better talent to build this team around than anyone we currently have. The reality of whether he can ever focus on just basketball and be motivated is the only thing that would hold me back.
                  If Wall were to ever mature in this regard, Toronto is one of the few places equipped to bring it out of him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'm intrigued. 1) because Wall is younger. 2) because of Wall's ability to push the ball (that's his default setting, really). Wall running with the 2nd unit could be a thing of beauty.

                    Concerns are his durability, and taking defensive possessions off.
                    Also I think Wall and Cassey have Kentucky roots ... Hey maybe Cousins may want to join the fun .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What would be really interesting is something like DeMar for Wall. Or DeMar for Porter+. Lowry for Wall doesn't help us get better or worse or cheaper or more flexible or anything.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        DanH wrote: View Post
                        What would be really interesting is something like DeMar for Wall. Or DeMar for Porter+. Lowry for Wall doesn't help us get better or worse or cheaper or more flexible or anything.
                        It's hard to think that a guy who just averaged 26-11-6 against us in the post season couldn't improve this team. We've got a pretty good system that for the most part has gotten players to improve their game. He's the better talent by a lot in my opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          It's hard to think that a guy who just averaged 26-11-6 against us in the post season couldn't improve this team. We've got a pretty good system that for the most part has gotten players to improve their game. He's the better talent by a lot in my opinion.
                          Come to think of it, a system that favours 3pt shots may not be the best fit for Wall (a career 32.7% shooter from deep).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wall's contract.

                            2018-19: $19,169,800 (28 years)
                            2019-20: $37,800,000
                            2020-21: $40,824,000
                            2021-22: $43,848,000
                            2022-23: $46,872,000 (32 years)

                            That's a lot. And he seems to be a lockerroom cancer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              gk17 wrote: View Post
                              Wall's contract.

                              2018-19: $19,169,800 (28 years)
                              2019-20: $37,800,000
                              2020-21: $40,824,000
                              2021-22: $43,848,000
                              2022-23: $46,872,000 (32 years)

                              That's a lot. And he seems to be a lockerroom cancer.
                              The Wizard's locker room felt like it was in shambles. But not sure if that's because of Wall, specifically. Morris and Gortat likely had a lot to do with it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X