Clear All

• iblastoff
    replied
    i'd trade DD for beal.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Come on guys.. why would Pops want to pair Gay and DeMar together? Everyone's seen that. It did not work.

Pops is not an idiot. DeMar for Kwahi makes no sense.

Now Lowry for Kwahi makes some sense. Parker is a free agent, and they are like the only pseudo-contender in the league that needs a PG.

Lowry is friends with Gay (I believe Gay is still still Lowry's kid's god father). Lowry may also have a connection with LMA who was in the same draft class as he was. Plus Lowry was hoping the Spurs were interested in him the summer he was a free agent. I see something here
    It's not a likely trade, but Gay is in his last year next year I doubt that's much of a consideration.

If the Spurs trade Kawhi, they're heavy on the PG's (two first round picks and Mills) and on the bigs with LMA and Pau making a lot of money. They'd be thinnest on the wing, that would be the rationale for dangling DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Wall is 27....
    Lowry is 32...

both are really good ...but Wall is 5 years younger...

Yep..I make the trade

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    If people want to trade for Kawhi, they should think of whether we can do it while still keeping JV and OG, and hopefully at least a couple of Wright, FVV and Siakam. Sounds very unlikely but would give us a promising core of young competitors who probably can't do any worse against LeBron than our recent teams have done.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I think JV would have more value to San Antonio. They'll be getting some good offers for kawhi
    I agree, but while Kawhi is better than either JV or DeMar, I don't think this deal is great for us. Think how old and terrible we'd be up front with Pau and Ibaka. I don't see it really improving or extending the window for the team.

Not sure what kind of offers the Spurs would get for Kawhi though. Would they want to blow it up and seek extra picks? Would they want to stay competitive?

He may not even be available at all as well. Either way, think it's a tough target for the Raps.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I would not trade Lowry for Wall.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    I don't think the Spurs are making decisions based on how people work with Rudy Gay. He's a short term piece and comes off their bench.

Demar+JV for Kawhi/Gasol is not enough for Kawhi unless the Spurs really don't trust his health or think he'll be bolting. Which is a risk for the Raptors as well that he could just leave for the Lakers or something in free agency.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Come on guys.. why would Pops want to pair Gay and DeMar together? Everyone's seen that. It did not work.

Pops is not an idiot. DeMar for Kwahi makes no sense.

Now Lowry for Kwahi makes some sense. Parker is a free agent, and they are like the only pseudo-contender in the league that needs a PG.

Lowry is friends with Gay (I believe Gay is still still Lowry's kid's god father). Lowry may also have a connection with LMA who was in the same draft class as he was. Plus Lowry was hoping the Spurs were interested in him the summer he was a free agent. I see something here

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't want Pau at all.

How about Demar + Poeltl just for Kawhi? That could probably work.

I think JV would have more value to San Antonio. They'll be getting some good offers for kawhi

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I don't want Pau at all.

Start Poeltl, and hope that Gasol can provide value in a mentorship role.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I don't want Pau at all.

The DeRozan for Kawhi problem is DD makes $9m/yr more (!). Very limited options to cover that spread from the SAS end. Pau or Patty Mills or ... ?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    DeRozan + JV for Kawhi + Pau works, who says no?
    I don't want Pau at all.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Trading JV would be sad but hey its for Kawhi, I’m all for it.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    What about derozan and JV for kawhi and salary filler

Leave a comment:

• gk17
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    Yes I would without thinking twice, we get a player who's a level better and a few years younger. As long as we have shooters beside derozan and wall it should be okay. Also, Wall running the bench unit will be a thing of beauty. If we want to trade the house maybe do something like

Lowry and Powell for Wall
    Then
    DeRozan for wiggins
    Lastly,
    Ibaka for bad expiring contract

Wall - Wiggins - OGA - Sikam - JV

If we want to go after PG, don't trade Derozan (he's a Toronto legend)

Wall - Derozan - George - OGA - JV

That will be the best line up in Raptors history
    You will have to play a 4-man-lineup with Wall, Derozan & PG in your team :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X