Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the outcome of the Celtics & Cavs change your perspective of Raps Early Exit ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the outcome of the Celtics & Cavs change your perspective of Raps Early Exit ...

Will the outcome of the Celtics & Cavs change your perspective of Raps Early Exit ? For me it will . I heard Dwane Casey talk about this is a learning experience ... How young their roster is ... What will it say about that excuse if Celtics young guns give Cavs a run for their money or actually win .

Weighted by minutes played the Pacers' average age vs the Cavs was 26.2. Ours was 26.0--and that's assuming Ibaka is actually 28. (If he's 30 our age is 26.2 too.)

So age isn't much of an excuse. But it was a great learning experience for our younger players for sure.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Weighted by minutes played the Pacers' average age vs the Cavs was 26.2. Ours was 26.0--and that's assuming Ibaka is actually 28. (If he's 30 our age is 26.2 too.)

So age isn't much of an excuse. But it was a great learning experience for our younger players for sure.
      Ibaka is 43. We're at least 27.0
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs retreat back into their shell with a worse matchup that they're less confident in, plus the Cavs aren't quite as much in the Celtics heads. (Except poor Al Horford who has been completely ruined by them even worse than the Raptors).

And if the Cavs run over them because they've found IT, well I wouldn't be surprised either. Neither outcome chances how the Cavs and Raptors played in THIS series.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

If Celtics get beat - Fire Casey.

If Cavs get beat - Fire Casey.

Comment

No it wont.

We can't worry what other teams do.

This was an epic fail from a team that was supposed to be the best Rap team vs the weakest Cavs team in 3 years.

Nothing can change the fact that the Raptors aren't build to handle the heavyweights of the NBA come playoffs time.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much weight into drawing parallels between us and Celtics series vs Cleveland. Their young guys are playing massive roles - Tatum, Rozier, Brown - and if they fail because of their inexperience that is a lot different than our team failing because Demar can't defend or because we chose to guard Love with CJ Miles, etc. Our young guys play a much smaller role compared to in Boston, so while we may both be young, our team composition is completely different.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Whether they win or not, I bet the Celtics give the Cavs a better overall fight than we did, maybe taking a game a two. Then you'll have both the Pacers and Celtics both having similar but better results (against the Clevelanders) than the Raps did. Endless fodder right there ....

Comment

What I am saying is the tone of the failure was often we are in the Lebron era but if the Celtics win then the tone is you let the James era get to your head and they were there for the taking ...

Comment

It won't make a difference. If anything; it'd make it worse given that we're a much better team than Boston (even when they're fully healthy).
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't put too much weight into drawing parallels between us and Celtics series vs Cleveland. Their young guys are playing massive roles - Tatum, Rozier, Brown - and if they fail because of their inexperience that is a lot different than our team failing because Demar can't defend or because we chose to guard Love with CJ Miles, etc. Our young guys play a much smaller role compared to in Boston, so while we may both be young, our team composition is completely different.
                      Yup. Their KEY GUYS have upside. Ours do not with the exception of OG. DeMar, JV, Ibaka, Lowry, CJ Miles, these aren't guys who are going to get exponentially better and in the case of Lowry/Ibaka they're only going to get worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X