Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm honestly kind of surprised if he signs another multi year, although its looking I should be prepare to be suprised. What is so great about toronto raptors to make this guy so loyal? He pretty much has carte blanche in the industry these days.

Anyway, thank god he seems hell bent on championship #2 for the time being
    Believe it or not, it's rare for a President/GM to be given the freedom/carte blanche that we believe Masai has here. I think it's a two way street and he has it pretty good here.

Maybe he knows the next chip here is going to be even more challenging than the first and he can truly build that one himself.

Maybe he knows Giannis is coming....

Comment

• Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse was rewarded handsomely for his work over the past two seasons.

The 53-year-old's new multi-year contract extension will pay him around $8 million annually, making Nurse one of the Association's highest-paid bench bosses, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
      https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2025983

Making more than Casey

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Casey is overpaid .... should be sending 25% of his cheque every week to Nurse and Masai too

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Casey is overpaid .... should be sending 25% of his cheque every week to Nurse and Masai too
          Add Lowry to that list. Firing Casey at his COY peak is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Half the conference was tanking throughout Casey's tenure. Now, just the Atlantic Division is the toughest division in all of basketball.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Casey is a great coach if your goal is to compete for a playoff spot. Im not sure if Detroit even has a goal
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Casey is a great coach if your goal is to compete for a playoff spot. Im not sure if Detroit even has a goal
              Yeah I remember the marked turnaround going from Triano to Casey, the DRTG jumped immediately from 113 to 104. Just a lot more hustle, effort, and cohesiveness, the team was more fun to watch almost right away bc looked like they were really working for it.

Then you also hit your ceiling with Casey pretty hard, well documented here in RR.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Add Lowry to that list. Firing Casey at his COY peak is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Half the conference was tanking throughout Casey's tenure. Now, just the Atlantic Division is the toughest division in all of basketball.
                True. Now Casey is only making 25% of his salary....seems about right

Comment

• Nick loves Nate.. could be a big loss for our coaching staff if he gets the job.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Nick loves Nate.. could be a big loss for our coaching staff if he gets the job.
                    That's his right hand man. Nate knows all his tricks.

Comment

• Other teams are going to target the winners circle....

Comment

• Last edited by golden; Mon Dec 7, 2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

LOL that made me smile.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

LOL that made me smile.
                            lol. That was for you.

Comment

• Congrats again Coach!

Comment

• Nurse is a Coaching Treasure. Genuine nice guy. Genuine good coach

Comment

Working...
                                X