Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. I watched the Bulls broadcast and a reporter asked Billy Donovan about the Trent play. He said it was just a blown coverage. He said the Raps ran the same play twice earlier in the game and they defended it well. Not sure why everybody is going ape-shit, gaga over this play, other than the fact that we're so relieved that it wasn't the usual OG ISO when the players are left to their own devices.
    OG hit back-to-back threes may have something to do with it. Fred and OG attracted too much attention on right corner.

Comment

• mike-kawhi wrote: View Post

OG hit back-to-back threes may have something to do with it. Fred and OG attracted too much attention on right corner.
      Bulls confirmed what Dan said... it was just a bad switch.

And then Trent came wide open for a three as he had several times during the game. He had missed five of seven with enough time to almost count the grain pebbling on the basketball.

The Bulls had clearly become so concerned with the Raptors on the offensive boards (10-1 in the first half) that it was apparent the Bulls were trying to hold off the long arms of Pascal Siakam, Anunoby, Barnes and Chris Boucher. Though this time Trent didn't miss, his three giving the Raptors a 125-120 lead with 16.5 seconds left.

Everyone said it was merely a miscommunication on a switch, but it seemed apparent with the five tallest guys on the floor being Vucevic and four Canadians the Bulls were going to take their chance with Trent. He finally made one.

Also... it's always interesting to read game recaps from the opposing team perspective. They are complimentary of our length & athleticism.

The Raptors, now an unlikely 27-23 and edging their way into the muddled Eastern Conference playoff picture, feature an unusual lineup that is the spread sheet analysts' dream. Other than mini guard Fred VanVleet, who was added to his first All-Star team among the reserves, the Raptors don't play anyone over 6-8. But pretty much everyone is, long armed and athletic players who can defeat most pick and roll mismatches with switches. Against the Bulls smaller lineup that usually offsets height issues with the steals and disruptions of Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso, both injured, the Raptors outrebounded the Bulls with three players in double-figure rebounds and a stunning 22 offensive rebounds.
      https://www.nba.com/bulls/gameday/bu...ertime-127-120

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Also... it's always interesting to read game recaps from the opposing team perspective. They are complimentary of our length & athleticism.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/gameday/bu...ertime-127-120
        Wait...are they saying our mini pg Fred is over 6'9"?

Comment

• So, I watched that play again. Scottie yells and points at Gary to go to the corner and then Nick stands up and tells OG and Gary to switch places, and then the rest is history.

Great play, and major fuck up by Vuc.

This team is really starting to put it together. If they can swap out Dragic for more depth (either one or two rotation players) we'll be a major problem for other teams in the playoffs. Figures crossed that someone pulls the trigger and they just don't wait for Dragic to be bought out.

Comment

• Even this coach Nick is dumbfounded.

https://youtu.be/fmO1xAe_hgM
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Feb 7, 2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  I bet if you took an anonymous player poll right now NN is the best coach in the league...wonder if will ever result in free agent success
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I bet if you took an anonymous player poll right now NN is the best coach in the league...wonder if will ever result in free agent success
                    One thing we know: LA and NY are less desirable and anything but a sure bet for FA to run to than was the case even a few years ago.
                    Boston, who knows.
                    Miami still pretty up there.
                    They don't seem to mind playing in Milwaukee right now

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

One thing we know: LA and NY are less desirable and anything but a sure bet for FA to run to than was the case even a few years ago.
                      Boston, who knows.
                      Miami still pretty up there.
                      They don't seem to mind playing in Milwaukee right now
                      Helps having Giannis there. Maybe if we get a popular superstar of our own (looking at you Scottie), free agents wouldn't mind coming here.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Helps having Giannis there. Maybe if we get a popular superstar of our own (looking at you Scottie), free agents wouldn't mind coming here.
                        And I've never heard Giannis throw teammates under the bus. Great guy to team up with and I thought heading towards consecutive chips but have to see how the Philly/Nets experiments play out now

Comment

• “I’m really proud of those guys, all of them, for making it (to the All Star Game) and representing us,” said Nurse. “I just felt like I wanted to be there and support them. That’s it, really. I just think it’s a special moment for them, and I wanna be there to see it.”

It’s a gesture that’s been noted and appreciated.

“It means the world. It just shows you how cool of a coach he is, and just the relationship,” said VanVleet. “And for him to be travelling to Cleveland to support us, I think it says a lot about where we are as a franchise and just the relationship that we all have together. Definitely helps build that to have that support, have your head coach go out of his way to come show you some support and some love and be there in the flesh. He's one of the best coaches in the league for a reason, and I think things like that go a long way.”

Hey Fred, tell everyone at the AS game so maybe one of them will want to sign here in FA

Comment

• Watching the Nets/Knicks game and the US based announcers saying "no one wants to play a Nick Nurse coached team in a one and done" speaking to how well they're coached and how hard they play.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Watching the Nets/Knicks game and the US based announcers saying "no one wants to play a Nick Nurse coached team in a one and done" speaking to how well they're coached and how hard they play.
                              Who are the announcers?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Who are the announcers?
                                No idea, great game but it was only on in the background while I was getting some work done.
                                *Guy and a girl though

Comment

Working...
                                X