Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Nurse not been fired yet??????

I thought that was a sure thing from all the chatter.
    Sort of "What have you done for me lately" mentality...

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Nurse not been fired yet??????

I thought that was a sure thing from all the chatter.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    commented on 's reply
    slaw wrote: View Post

Well, Bledsoe was basically 'benched' in Game 4 (only played 20 minutes). Hello, $70 million extension! I see some Bucks fans calling for Hill and Brogdon to start and Bledsoe and Mirotic to go to the bench (or some combination thereof). Don't think they do anything drastic yet but I suspect Bledsoe plays less of a role in Game 5.

One knock on Budenholzer has been his unwillingness to change too much in the playoffs, which can cut both ways. Interesting to see whether they believe they can shoot their way past the Raps or make more material changes.
    On offense, Bud vs. Nurse is a bit like a clash of 2 philosophies.

Bud's style is highly scripted & predictable, but it is practiced and drilled so thoroughly that it's hard for the opposition to stop it, even when you know exactly what's coming. It has a very high floor and a high ceiling, but not the highest. Nurse's style is largely unscripted and less predictable, but requires highly skilled practictioners who are all on the same wavelength and can make smart decisions in real time, or else it can look extremely disjointed. It has a very high ceiling, but also a really low floor.

There are obviously other larger factors (i.e. Kawhi's health), but the longer the series goes, you would have to think it should favor the less predictable style, assuming what we saw last night was the team finally finding chemistry and gelling as a unit for real. It would be nice to have one more season with this group to give Nurse's style the best chance of working out. With Nurse's style it takes more time for players to learn each other's tendencies to improvise off each other.

It's Classical vs. Jazz

• bertarapsfan
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't want to comment in this thread. But i think this is the best place the put this. Adrian Griffin is getting a look for the Grizz Head coaching job. Our staff must be doing something right if other teams are trying to poach our assistants. Hope we dont lose him adrian seems like a really good lead assistant.

• KeonClark
    commented on 's reply

Well, Bledsoe was basically 'benched' in Game 4 (only played 20 minutes). Hello, $70 million extension! I see some Bucks fans calling for Hill and Brogdon to start and Bledsoe and Mirotic to go to the bench (or some combination thereof). Don't think they do anything drastic yet but I suspect Bledsoe plays less of a role in Game 5.

One knock on Budenholzer has been his unwillingness to change too much in the playoffs, which can cut both ways. Interesting to see whether they believe they can shoot their way past the Raps or make more material changes.
    Mirotic WAS a change, especially for us. I could see them starting one of Hill or Brogdon over him and trying to speed the game up on us. Kawhi is slow cause of his leg, and so is Marc. Its no coincidence good offense begat good defense. They can't beat us in the half court set.

• slaw
    commented on 's reply
    golden wrote: View Post

I think you meant Bud. But yeah, lack of 3-pt shooting from your key ball-handlers is exposed badly in the playoffs. Like, really badly. We saw it with DeRozan. We did it to Ben Simmons. Sixers did it to Pascal and Lowry/Gasol (when they wouldn't shoot). Nurse is using that against Giannis and Bledsoe in this series and Bledsoe is totally messed up right now.

And there are people out there who want to take a chance on Lonzo Ball? C'mon, man. Can't build around a PG who can't shoot in the modern NBA. That ends up creating way more problems than what it's worth.

• G__Deane
    commented on 's reply
    golden wrote: View Post

I think you meant Bud. But yeah, lack of 3-pt shooting from your key ball-handlers is exposed badly in the playoffs. Like, really badly. We saw it with DeRozan. We did it to Ben Simmons. Sixers did it to Pascal and Lowry/Gasol (when they wouldn't shoot). Nurse is using that against Giannis and Bledsoe in this series and Bledsoe is totally messed up right now.

And there are people out there who want to take a chance on Lonzo Ball? C'mon, man. Can't build around a PG who can't shoot in the modern NBA. That ends up creating way more problems than what it's worth.
    Correct, thanks. Typing before thinking lol

• golden
    commented on 's reply
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    It's kinda funny to hear the Bucks media saying Nurse has figured out and out-coached Brown and how it's up to Coach Brown to answer to the changes that Coach Nurse made. It's a case of what have you done for me lately....

• G__Deane
    commented on 's reply
    It's kinda funny to hear the Bucks media saying Nurse has figured out and out-coached Brown and how it's up to Coach Brown to answer to the changes that Coach Nurse made. It's a case of what have you done for me lately....

• KeonClark
    commented on 's reply
    All I know is that: in the Orlando series the Raps got better every game; in the Philly series, Raps got better as the series wore on and eventually outlasted the Sixers; and now the Raps, after giving away game 1, have steadily improved in every facet of the game over the last two games. I also know that, even as someone is not that knowledgeable about basketball, that the Raps have exploited key weaknesses in each team along the way.

So, what I know is that the coaching staff (no, it's not just Nurse) is doing a pretty good fucking job.
    Who cares that we've slowed the top player down in each series, and won games with defensive strategy?

Fire him because VanVleet and Green can't hit shots

• slaw
    commented on 's reply
    All I know is that: in the Orlando series the Raps got better every game; in the Philly series, Raps got better as the series wore on and eventually outlasted the Sixers; and now the Raps, after giving away game 1, have steadily improved in every facet of the game over the last two games. I also know that, even as someone is not that knowledgeable about basketball, that the Raps have exploited key weaknesses in each team along the way.

So, what I know is that the coaching staff (no, it's not just Nurse) is doing a pretty good fucking job.

• Kagemusha
    commented on 's reply
    RIP thread

• G__Deane
    commented on 's reply
    Game 4 called and said stfu

• BrieflySpeaking
    commented on 's reply
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    why would any of us know what nick nurse is gonna change
    True. I just don't watch or read many interviews. Thought somebody might have heard something in the media or picked up on a tendency. It's nice to have an idea what to be watching for.

Kawhi is an amazing ISO player - when you absolutely need it. But if you constantly run he or Pascal into multiple help defenders the efficiency is not going to cut it. Too many circus shots, too many blocked shots, too many turnovers. Ask Kyrie.

Post ups, same problem.

Our PNRs are almost as bad, although we have to keep on running them.

I know we can't turn into the Warriors overnight. But there must be some way to get more spot ups. Even some clean looks off the bounce. We never seem to get an open cut. Never seem to get someone open from an off ball screen. Why don't we run more reverses and swings?

I don't get it. Is this stagnation by design? I thought we were done with this. Very frustarating.

• MixxAOR
    commented on 's reply
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Keep them in half court at all costs. That involves getting back on defense after your shot goes up, and it also involves, easier said than done I know, MAKING a high % of your shots. Makes create dead ball inbounds. We are thumping them half court offense vs half court offense. They are killing us on transition points and rebounding.

Good offense creates good defense.
    They can't crash the offensive boards. Shot goes up for Raps, they better have 4 guys run back.
Working...
X