Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Seems like MJ has good business instinct.
    I also doubt LeBron will catch up to him.
    Both of them has access to the sale opportunities. And Jordan being more popular and having built a good foundation has the presumed advantage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ins...y-2015-3%3famp
    That's a pretty interesting story. Lots of investment and also philanthropy with little fanfare. This is kinda funny and very Jordan like though:
    Jordan loves to golf, and this year, his exclusive golf course Grove XXIII's nickname surfaced. Called "Slaughterhouse 23," it earned the name since it was designed by Jordan, for Jordan, and aimed at maximizing Jordan's style of play against his opponents.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Seems like MJ has good business instinct.
      I also doubt LeBron will catch up to him.
      Both of them has access to the sale opportunities. And Jordan being more popular and having built a good foundation has the presumed advantage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ins...y-2015-3%3famp
      Outside of Jordan brand specifically I would argue Lebron has had a bigger impact at this point in his career. Lebron made way more than Jordan on the court. Jordan was signing deals like 8 years for 25 million total as his... "rookie extension" before that he only made 550k. Coming back for the second three peat he was making 30 mill a year but still.

His brand counts for a bigger percentage of his money. In total Jordan made $94 million. By comparison, Lebron James has made over $380 million. I think his net worth is estimated at $850 million. Jordan's is worth $1.6 billion. That is after years of investing.

Lebron in terms of impact, is bigger if you compare this stage of their career, with regards to charity. I think overall Jordan right now yes has done more.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think the $1.6B estimate for Jordan's wealth is low. What are they valuing the Hornets at? They're easily worth over $2B and Jordan owns 97%. Then you add in Jordan brand and everything else he's gotta be closer to $3B.
        he has a substantial pile.

Comment

• LeBron and Davis reportedly wants Nurse to coach the Lakers. This is a distraction. The Raptors are currently preparing for a series against the Sixers.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            LeBron and Davis reportedly wants Nurse to coach the Lakers. This is a distraction. The Raptors are currently preparing for a series against the Sixers.
            i think lebron would want nurse fired about halfway through training camp. nurse demands maximum effort on defense 100% of the time, and lebron is not capable of going that hard on that end at this stage of his career. he can ramp it up here and there, but won't go full time.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think lebron would want nurse fired about halfway through training camp. nurse demands maximum effort on defense 100% of the time, and lebron is not capable of going that hard on that end at this stage of his career. he can ramp it up here and there, but won't go full time.
              Nurse wouldn't demand it full time from Lebron or Davis. He isn't an idiot.and he knows how to manage big egos and superstars. He'd manage those guys exactly like Toronto managed Kawhi in 2018-19.

Comment

• People think the "bright lights of LA", but Nick is a big celebrity now here in Canada. In LA, he'd just be another fish in the sea. Frank Vogel and Nick Nurse have both won a title the last few years, but I'd say Nick is much more famous in even the USA than Frank is.

Unless you're Phil Jackson, who was already a global celeb when he came in, lakers head coach is not exactly a career definer that people think. What are Byron Scott and Luke Walton up to these days?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nurse wouldn't demand it full time from Lebron or Davis. He isn't an idiot.and he knows how to manage big egos and superstars. He'd manage those guys exactly like Toronto managed Kawhi in 2018-19.
                  For several weeks, speculation has persisted about the Wizards’ interest in Ujiri. By late Thursday night, various news outlets detailed the proposed offers: close to $10 million annually, six years for $60 million or even a percentage of ownership and control over other Monumental Sports & Entertainment properties. The Post also reported on the Wizards’ link to Ujiri and that “a potential offer would have to include a pathway to an ownership stake.”
                  Ujiri didn’t take the bait but that was very tempting

Understandably, Raptors fans can say that this is just noise….but personally I will not totally dismiss this news coming from Shams Charania.

As I already stated before, Nick Nurse can do whatever he thinks would benefit him personally and that would include his family and kids and whether he see himself settling as a lifetime coach or if he has high hopes career wise. Brad Stevens took the opportunity after Ainge retired. Does he think that Masai and Bobby are lifers as Raps top dogs or does he have the patience to wait until a vacancy is open. In my opinion, Rob Pelinka’s days as Jeannie Buss puppet are numbered. Maybe Jeannie would offer NN growth opportunities.

Time will tell.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Ujiri didn’t take the bait but that was very tempting

Understandably, Raptors fans can say that this is just noise….but personally I will not totally dismiss this news coming from Shams Charania.

As I already stated before, Nick Nurse can do whatever he thinks would benefit him personally and that would include his family and kids and whether he see himself settling as a lifetime coach or if he has high hopes career wise. Brad Stevens took the opportunity after Ainge retired. Does he think that Masai and Bobby are lifers as Raps top dogs or does he have the patience to wait until a vacancy is open. In my opinion, Rob Pelinka’s days as Jeannie Buss puppet are numbered. Maybe Jeannie would offer NN growth opportunities.

Time will tell.
                    You can never fully dismiss the prospect of your top line front office staff going else where. So that is correct. I do not think that the Lakers job would be an upgrade. We can at least partially dismiss the legs that a rumor has and whether it makes sense or not.

The rumor itself and the original story stated NOTHING about them having a chance. Just that they would inquire and ask.

I can inquire about Beyonce... doesn't mean she is coming home with me.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

You can never fully dismiss the prospect of your top line front office staff going else where. So that is correct. I do not think that the Lakers job would be an upgrade. We can at least partially dismiss the legs that a rumor has and whether it makes sense or not.

The rumor itself and the original story stated NOTHING about them having a chance. Just that they would inquire and ask.

I can inquire about Beyonce... doesn't mean she is coming home with me.
                      I totally agree….your opinion and Stephen A. Smith have merits to each of you personally but to others, it ain’t gospel so carry on

Comment

• We can argue over the basketball reasons why Nick would or wouldn't make this move...

But the primary reason Nick might bolt to Hollywood is plain to see...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                          We can argue over the basketball reasons why Nick would or wouldn't make this move...

Where do you find this kind of shit Blum?

This definitely would convince him….Hollywood here he comes

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Where do you find this kind of shit Blum?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              We can argue over the basketball reasons why Nick would or wouldn't make this move...

To live his dream of becoming an old timey janitor?
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

To live his dream of becoming an old timey janitor?
                                Once upon a time in Hollywood...

Comment

Working...
                                X