X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    To add to no.3

we seem to be wasting the development of Koloko and Dowtin

Champaigne was a decent player who always had a nose to loose balls.

NN has some trust issues and he really has to work on that as a coach

this ain’t the team with reliable vets like Gasol/ Serge/ Kyle/ Danny

he has to start seasons trusting his younger players RIGHT OFF THE BAT….you can’t have VanVleet/ Pascal and OG already leading the league in MPG only 7 games in the season.
    I pressed the panic button alright back then.

there was one game I recall when the lead was totally unreachable and yet he was still playing starters like it’s game 7. Probably more games like that
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The coach is always the fall guy in sports (see Canucks)

I would like to believe though that Nick, despite his flaws, has his hands tied behind his back.
    The 6'9" vision is Masai's creation and the team is just beginning to implement it as they are still gathering the right pieces.
    This situation and Nick's winning history will not get him fired.
    I always maintained that this 6'9" project is unsustainable but they will most likely see it through until it the end.

We all know that some major pieces doesn't fit that vision,
    perhaps the plan was to deal them all along?

So as I saw on one thread, Nurse is the "anti development coach". Unless your name is FRED or PASCAL. How are we going to fix this???????????????????????????

I'm sure he can play his bench. Doesn't make sense to have players you never play and destroy your starters, does it?????

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

So as I saw on one thread, Nurse is the "anti development coach". Unless your name is FRED or PASCAL. How are we going to fix this???????????????????????????

I'm sure he can play his bench. Doesn't make sense to have players you never play and destroy your starters, does it?????
      Trade deadline is only a couple weeks away. If Raps don't make any moves to save this season you can probably expect Nick to bring down the minutes the starters are playing and for the bench to get more run.

Comment

• Worst in offense. Worst in defense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Worst in offense. Worst in defense.

It's just not working, golden. The same team that finished 6th in the east last season just isn't good enough to make the play-in this season. No one can possibly figure it out. What are you gonna do?

And that's why they have to trade Siakam, OG, FVV and Trent. There's absolutely no other way out of this!

Comment

• We're 13th in ORTG and 19th in DRTG. 14th in net rating.

The scheme specifically sells out on shot quality to generate possession advantages via turnovers and rebounds. Maybe a bad idea. Maybe a good one. Maybe neither. But to judge such a scheme on them predictably suffering in the areas they are punting doesn't make much sense. Same idea for the offence, they have no one who can hit a three outside of their core guys and several of them have had rough years - so they've done a bunch of other good stuff to get their overall efficiency up.

I admit, 30th and 30th is funny. Just not really the indictment it seems. More so on offence, maybe, as a skill descriptor.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's just not working, golden. The same team that finished 6th in the east last season just isn't good enough to make the play-in this season. No one can possibly figure it out. What are you gonna do?

And that's why they have to trade Siakam, OG, FVV and Trent. There's absolutely no other way out of this!
              Poor Nurse. We gotta ship out those talent-less shmoes (that the entire NBA wants) and get him some players that he can work with.

Comment

actually we finished 5th rather than 6th last season, but i hear ya.

i'm not actually sure what nurse does well at this point. the defense is overcomplicated and ineffective and demands a consistent level of effort that leaves players gassed on the other end, the offense is a stagnant mess that's never looked good, he has no idea what to do with his challenges, he's playing guys into the ground, and it seems like he is losing the ear of the players judging by the piss-poor effort at times this year.

innovation is what he is supposed to bring to the table and how he's made his reputation in the past, but the league has caught up and we're not looking real innovative this year.

it is strange to me how many fans are happy to scapegoat select players and the front office (which is the best thing this franchise has going for it), but the coaching staff seems to get a complete pass.

i think coaching is where i would start looking to make changes. if we get great offers that make sense then we can make deals at the deadline or in the offseason, but we shouldn't be trading guys just for the sake of it and i don't think any one player absolutely has to go, although some players make more sense to deal than others.

Comment

We finished 5th in the East last season.

Just saying.

Comment

What are we, a game and a half out fo the play-in? This next road trip should end all pretension and force Masai's hand.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

What are we, a game and a half out fo the play-in? This next road trip should end all pretension and force Masai's hand.
                      Hope he's not making decisions based on whether we make the play-in or not. Should be enough of a sample to to figure out what the issue(s) are.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I thought the 'most important 8-game stretch of the season' followed by the 'make or break 6-game homestand' already answered all the questions?

Comment

I thought the 'most important 8-game stretch of the season' followed by the 'make or break 6-game homestand' already answered all the questions?
                          I think they did in terms of the ceiling of this year's team. Even ignoring their record they are dead middle of the pack in net rating and even if that means .500 ball by the end of the year, that's hardly a team you spend big to keep together.

What gets decided in the upcoming stretch is how important it is to move pieces, which pieces, and where we are in the standings when we do.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Hope he's not making decisions based on whether we make the play-in or not. Should be enough of a sample to to figure out what the issue(s) are.
                            Who isn't?

I was just reponding to Slaw saying this team "isn't good enough to make the play-in this season."
                            It's right in the quote.

My fear is they are just good enough to make the play-in.
                            I'm squarely in Masai's camp "what for?"

Comment

It should have.
                              But the reality is it's hard to table a sell off if the team is in the middle of an (improbable) heatr and in the play off/in position. A losing road trip solidifies even a decision already made.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think they did in terms of the ceiling of this year's team. Even ignoring their record they are dead middle of the pack in net rating and even if that means .500 ball by the end of the year, that's hardly a team you spend big to keep together.

What gets decided in the upcoming stretch is how important it is to move pieces, which pieces, and where we are in the standings when we do.
                                Fred being healthy or continues to be injured may also change who or what other teams interests are, for instance. Both he and GTJr have marginally upped their trade value vary recently

Comment

Working...
                                X