Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury
    replied
    Are the odds of him staying increasing daily?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Embiid hates Nurse with passion lol
    Rent free. Embiid would be the happiest person on Earth if Nurse leaves the Eastern Conference.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Embiid hates Nurse with passion lol

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

If each one of them has their guy, who will end up getting it then?
    That's when you select the most qualified, based on not who is backing him.
    Uh, agreed. That's probably what they did, no?

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

LOL yeah, and who do you think tells you who the best guy for the job is? Probably the other coaches, management guys and players who have worked with the guy you are looking to hire.
    If each one of them has their guy, who will end up getting it then?
    That's when you select the most qualified, based on not who is backing him.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Fair.
    I guess disconnect in that their evaluations are not really in sync with one another.
    The Casey regime is more solid in this regard.
    I don't like too much politicking in the hiring process. It should be based on qualities instead, get the best guy for the job.
    LOL yeah, and who do you think tells you who the best guy for the job is? Probably the other coaches, management guys and players who have worked with the guy you are looking to hire.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nobody is saying there's a disconnect. Just saying that there are multiple ways to build a coaching staff (on bench and behind the scenes player development). This is normal for every franchise. A lot of it starts with previous personal relationships, which can come from anywhere, just like in business or life.
    Fair.
    I guess disconnect in that their evaluations are not really in sync with one another.
    The Casey regime is more solid in this regard.
    I don't like too much politicking in the hiring process. It should be based on qualities instead, get the best guy for the job.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Wow.
    There seems to be a real disconnect between the coach and FO here.
    What a messy situation they got themselves in.
    Everyone got complacent after winning the chip.
    Nobody is saying there's a disconnect. Just saying that there are multiple ways to build a coaching staff (on bench and behind the scenes player development). This is normal for every franchise. A lot of it starts with previous personal relationships, which can come from anywhere, just like in business or life.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

There's no one single way. Jama was recommended by Casey and approved by Masai. Triano was a holdover from the previous regime. Rico is a natural evolution from the players. Earl Watson is connected to both Pascal & Nurse. Fab Flornoy is purely a Nurse guy. Sometimes management forces a guy onto the coaching staff. For non-dysfunctional franchises... it's usually a collaboration between head coach and management.
    Wow.
    There seems to be a real disconnect between the coach and FO here.
    What a messy situation they got themselves in.
    Everyone got complacent after winning the chip.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Question:
    Who hires development coaches and scouts? Is it Masai or the coach?
    There's no one single way. Jama was recommended by Casey and approved by Masai. Triano was a holdover from the previous regime. Rico is a natural evolution from the players. Earl Watson is connected to both Pascal & Nurse. Fab Flornoy is purely a Nurse guy. Sometimes management forces a guy onto the coaching staff. For non-dysfunctional franchises... it's usually a collaboration between head coach and management.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Question:
    Who hires development coaches and scouts? Is it Masai or the coach?

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

I'm still a Nurse fan and would be fine with him coming back.

He was coaching on a lame duck contract with a 6 deep roster without any true PG or C (until Poeltl).

So he played the shit out of the starters because that was the only realistic way to win. When you're lame duck you gotta win to secure that next contract.

I do think replacing Fred with a true PG would make a big difference. That's the minimum we should do this offseason.
    But he's played the starters like crazy from 2019-2020 onwards and shortened the rotation even starting that season. 2018-19 I think was the one season where minutes seemed somewhat normal.

So, how do you explain that?? It's not like he suddenly changed this year. And it always seemed a bit odd to me but 2019-20 it was like he just won, got to trust him I guess, and something similar for each year but now we're here with minimal developed players, Malachi Flynn doing nothing and missing the playoffs 2/4 seasons with one series win against a very injured Nets team.

Doesn't seem so good. Winning focus is great when you have a team that's good enough for a championship. Since 2018-19 that hasn't been the case and look how it's gone.

And you know, while I do wonder if Casey went too far with his Pistons and "developing" but NEVER winning this year, I'm sure you can go too far to try and WIN ALL THE TIME and never develop. Which, I think, may be what Nurse has done. Would you not agree????

#NURSEOUT

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

I actually think you can keep Nurse if you cut the ties with Fred and bring in a veteran leader, ideally a true PG… like a Mike Conley type.
    I'm still a Nurse fan and would be fine with him coming back.

He was coaching on a lame duck contract with a 6 deep roster without any true PG or C (until Poeltl).

So he played the shit out of the starters because that was the only realistic way to win. When you're lame duck you gotta win to secure that next contract.

I do think replacing Fred with a true PG would make a big difference. That's the minimum we should do this offseason.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Replace Nurse and dump Fred and Scottie can actually grow.
    I actually think you can keep Nurse if you cut the ties with Fred and bring in a veteran leader, ideally a true PG… like a Mike Conley type.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Masai am I Fired.
    I would Love for Masai 2 get into Nurse Face..like Vince McMahon and say your Fired. Just 2 set his ego where it belong and rake his God son midget 2 with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X