Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    commented on 's reply
    Do you really think that firing the guy who's made a bond with Kawhi right before Kawhi has to make a decision is truly a good idea. Yeah, that was a very bad game but there's more at work here than that one game.

Masai took a shot on Gasol and he paid off at times in the first two series'. He looks totally spent now though. That one trade really hurt the bench a lot and so too did it hurt Nurse's coaching options. Look at this team honestly, his option are limited. I'm not giving him a free pass, far from it but it's not all on him and his fate is to continue being the Raptors coach for now.

• sanyo
    commented on 's reply
    we all fucked anyways

masai and kawhi to la or kawhi to la and masai to washington

leave us a pile of shit to deal with... raptors are fucked, back to $7 sprite zone seats

• spicy_d
    commented on 's reply
    TacoBreath wrote: View Post
    The thing I've observed about Coach Nurse is that in interviews - right? - he doesn't come across as a head coach at all. Right? He sounds like an advisor, a consultant. An assistant. Right?

Nurse doesn't sound like the decision maker. For a specific example, I noticed in his interview after the game tonight he mentioned "asking" the players to do something. But the head man doesn't do that. He tells people to do things.

Use of the wrong language will raise a question in the listener's mind. Is he supposed to do that, or not? It creates doubt, and doubt creates hesitation. If you ask somebody to do something, he has to think about it.

And hesitation is exactly what people have seen in the Raptors' play, particularly about shooting.

Style really does matter sometimes. Nurse's style is that he is not the head coach.
    yes ..I forget who said this to me on this forum when I said Steve Clifford is a real coach ...knows how to talk to his team and take command ....the guy said nurse isn't an alpha and more of and x and is guy

yes nurse isn't an alpha but to me I think. a head coach needs to be...maybe not 100 percent but to some degree .

and I don't see any genius X and O plays from nurse

• TacoBreath
    commented on 's reply
    The thing I've observed about Coach Nurse is that in interviews - right? - he doesn't come across as a head coach at all. Right? He sounds like an advisor, a consultant. An assistant. Right?

Nurse doesn't sound like the decision maker. For a specific example, I noticed in his interview after the game tonight he mentioned "asking" the players to do something. But the head man doesn't do that. He tells people to do things.

Use of the wrong language will raise a question in the listener's mind. Is he supposed to do that, or not? It creates doubt, and doubt creates hesitation. If you ask somebody to do something, he has to think about it.

And hesitation is exactly what people have seen in the Raptors' play, particularly about shooting.

Style really does matter sometimes. Nurse's style is that he is not the head coach.

• grindhouse
    commented on 's reply

• spicy_d
    commented on 's reply
    he killed the interview ... bullshitted his way or just got lucky

call me crazy but I would prefer grumpy van gundy over him right now .

• MixxAOR
    commented on 's reply
    Bad look on Masai. Trash signing. He never hired a coach and it shows

• TacoBreath
    commented on 's reply
    Right?

• spicy_d
    replied
    title says it all ..nuff said

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Nurse gets a tiny bit of credit....
    And then loses it again for making the same or similar mistakes in the first game against the Bucks. Clearly he has vast universes of knowledge beyond what I have, or anyone else on this forum, but why persist in playing FVV and Norm together, or even throwing Serge in there with them? Has that trio not been shown to be unplayable against higher level competition? And why the stubborn persistence in saving time outs until the opposing teams run has extended to 8 points or more? He must have a reason. You can't be stupid and get to this level in basketball.

I just don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Nurse gets a tiny bit of credit....

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Plus, Serge's issues in this series, besides missing some shots (which is a widespread thing), have come when guarding Embiid. Playing at the 4 means Gasol is guarding Embiid, which in and of itself is a good thing.
    This is true. They did sometimes have both guys out there when Embiid was on the bench but it was for a very short time. Unlike in the past games.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    This series was made for gasol-ibaka front court. Sixers have a traditional front court out at all times. Also, serge is the only guy after the starters giving us anything resembling nba level play.

this series, unless OG returns, should have Gasol, Ibaka and siakam taking all 96 minutes at the 4 and 5. Leaves only about 20 minutes for fred norm and McCaw to fight over, hopefully staggered enough that they dont hurt us
    I'd give all those 20 minutes to Norm, just so he has some consistency of role and can develop a shooting rhythm. Powell is great when he has a defined role card. He screws up when you change his role in the slightest.

Something like: (1) bring the ball up court... sometimes, (2) hand it off to Kawhi, Gasol, Lowry or Pascal, (3) defend like a mofo, (4) wait in the corner for the bailout 3, (5) make some cuts from time-to-time. (6) Only dribble the ball if you're the bailout guy with less than 5 seconds on the clock. (7) sprint back in transition. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    This series was made for gasol-ibaka front court. Sixers have a traditional front court out at all times. Also, serge is the only guy after the starters giving us anything resembling nba level play.

this series, unless OG returns, should have Gasol, Ibaka and siakam taking all 96 minutes at the 4 and 5. Leaves only about 20 minutes for fred norm and McCaw to fight over, hopefully staggered enough that they dont hurt us

Leave a comment:

Working...
X