X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Golden brought it up in another thread, but if Houston wants Nurse they may want Fred as well and they have $72M in cap space so could snag him and Harden without needing any S&T.

That's would be a pretty damn attractive roster to Nurse, and one I bet he could get to the playoffs (play in at least).
    Oh ya they have space. But we wouldnt get anything back unless they threw in a first for nurse which was mentioned too

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I think we’re stuck with fred. Gonna be hard to match 30 million in a s&t

down for pascal for brown. Brown is one of my favourites
    Golden brought it up in another thread, but if Houston wants Nurse they may want Fred as well and they have $72M in cap space so could snag him and Harden without needing any S&T.

That's would be a pretty damn attractive roster to Nurse, and one I bet he could get to the playoffs (play in at least).

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Move Pacal for Brown, try and sign and trade Fred. Let Trent walk if the market is too hot. We need a proper backcourt, both spots are a weakness right now. Rebalancing the roster around Scottie, OG, and Poeltl should be the priority. If Nurse doesn’t want to be around for that, so be it. I think bringing in Udoka and Brown would be huge. We’d be a top 30 point guard away from being a top 3 seed IMO.
    I think we’re stuck with fred. Gonna be hard to match 30 million in a s&t

down for pascal for brown. Brown is one of my favourites

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Move Pacal for Brown, try and sign and trade Fred. Let Trent walk if the market is too hot. We need a proper backcourt, both spots are a weakness right now. Rebalancing the roster around Scottie, OG, and Poeltl should be the priority. If Nurse doesn’t want to be around for that, so be it. I think bringing in Udoka and Brown would be huge. We’d be a top 30 point guard away from being a top 3 seed IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The downside to that is that our players will get older, and get more exposed especially if there's a coaching change. Like Fred had been exposed big time already with all Nick's pampering, and if he doesn't get that treatment next year?
    Yeah, it's a tough spot management finds themselves in.

Gotta hope we can at least get bargain deals on Fred and Gary. Then also hope they both play better next year. Then also hope that doesn't dupe management into not wanting to trade them. We are very averse to sell high for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

The fact everyone is at or near the end of their deals minimizes their trade value as well. So tough spot. Seems like we never look to trade anyone until they're on the last year of the deal at minimum value.

The more I think about it the more I feel like we're gonna punt next season so that we can get everyone back on longer term deals, then try to trade them.

Hope I'm wrong.
    The downside to that is that our players will get older, and get more exposed especially if there's a coaching change. Like Fred had been exposed big time already with all Nick's pampering, and if he doesn't get that treatment next year?

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

precisely... I think the other option is you keep siakam, you get what ever you can with fred, you sign gary but look to move him. Any bench player is now up on the block other than Otto. You then prioritize shooters, and moving up in the draft or getting a second pick at least.

OG you talk to him but realistically if a good offer comes along, say from Indiana for the equivalent of Hield and their pick, and you give them Thad and OG... you jump on that type of opportunity. I think you Sign Siakam too less than the super max to buy you 2 years to either try it with him but with the opportunity to trade him for assets depending on next year.

Again everyone else not named Barnes or Siakam can potentially see their way out.
    The fact everyone is at or near the end of their deals minimizes their trade value as well. So tough spot. Seems like we never look to trade anyone until they're on the last year of the deal at minimum value.

The more I think about it the more I feel like we're gonna punt next season so that we can get everyone back on longer term deals, then try to trade them.

Hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Running it back means unrealistically hoping that we improve while ALL the other top teams out there either stand pat or even regress.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied

I don't think we know anything yet about the plan. What you're proposing does seem the most likely option, but it's the one that puts Masai and Bobby on the hot seat. (probably only Bobby, he's gonna be the sacrificial lamb).

I just think Masai and Bobby could buy themselves a few more years if they were to say, trade Pascal for young guys and picks. Then we would have "hope" again and the theme would be we're getting younger and building around Scottie. Fans could get behind that.

Running it back is the treadmill move. We're solidly in that 5-9 range in the East where we'd be really likely to make the playoffs but even more likely to not go far in the playoffs. I don't think fans would be too thrilled with that.
    precisely... I think the other option is you keep siakam, you get what ever you can with fred, you sign gary but look to move him. Any bench player is now up on the block other than Otto. You then prioritize shooters, and moving up in the draft or getting a second pick at least.

OG you talk to him but realistically if a good offer comes along, say from Indiana for the equivalent of Hield and their pick, and you give them Thad and OG... you jump on that type of opportunity. I think you Sign Siakam too less than the super max to buy you 2 years to either try it with him but with the opportunity to trade him for assets depending on next year.

Again everyone else not named Barnes or Siakam can potentially see their way out.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

But we already know the plan is to sign Fred, Jak and then Gary if they can; basically run it back.
    Doubt we'll see a sign and trade, just a trade at the deadline again if their muddling along again and that would be almost another year of mediocre-ness
    I don't think we know anything yet about the plan. What you're proposing does seem the most likely option, but it's the one that puts Masai and Bobby on the hot seat. (probably only Bobby, he's gonna be the sacrificial lamb).

I just think Masai and Bobby could buy themselves a few more years if they were to say, trade Pascal for young guys and picks. Then we would have "hope" again and the theme would be we're getting younger and building around Scottie. Fans could get behind that.

Running it back is the treadmill move. We're solidly in that 5-9 range in the East where we'd be really likely to make the playoffs but even more likely to not go far in the playoffs. I don't think fans would be too thrilled with that.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Masai also said he doesn't like making long term decisions during the middle of the season, so if anything major happens, it'll be this off-season.
    Well in this case (potential trading of Fred) he needs to open his mind to mid-season trades because he's getting zip in a sign and trade.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied

Running it back is the riskiest play for management by far.

If they make some big trades this offseason that will buy them several more years.

We've seen this core peak and now regress.
    But we already know the plan is to sign Fred, Jak and then Gary if they can; basically run it back.
    Doubt we'll see a sign and trade, just a trade at the deadline again if their muddling along again and that would be almost another year of mediocre-ness

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

This team isn't making the playoffs.
    That makes the evaluation even easier.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

This team was always going to be evaluated in the playoffs, so we still don’t know which way it’s gonna go. Flip a coin.
    This team isn't making the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

This team was always going to be evaluated in the playoffs, so we still don’t know which way it’s gonna go. Flip a coin.
    Masai also said he doesn't like making long term decisions during the middle of the season, so if anything major happens, it'll be this off-season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X