Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • grindhouse wrote: View Post
    50+ wins second round exit another lost season. It’s about money putting fans in the seat. Smart move MU but what he doesn’t heard is lose of interest in ppl voice. Canadians outside the rough places are soft. “We’ll get the next year we’re only a few seasons away” ....5 years later same reply.
    Read this thanks:

    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We all want change. Yet just a small group of you seem to have decided the raptors have done nothing all July or August..in June.

    Literally 0 teams have done a single noteworthy transaction yet but somehow raptors are sitting on their hands whistling Dixie. Overreaction like this is why executives roll their eyes at "fan opinions"

    Comment


    • I'm actually fine with not much happening, since the primary weakness of the team was coaching, and that's being fixed now.

      Reduce usage of DeRozan and Ibaka, increase usage of JV, Lowry, and Wright and we beat the Cavs. Simple enough.

      Comment


      • Quirk wrote: View Post
        I'm actually fine with not much happening, since the primary weakness of the team was coaching, and that's being fixed now.

        Reduce usage of DeRozan and Ibaka, increase usage of JV, Lowry, and Wright and we beat the Cavs. Simple enough.
        Cavs will be a better team next season if Lebron is still there. This was the one season when his grasp on the EC crown was vulnerable.

        Comment


        • Quirk wrote: View Post
          I'm actually fine with not much happening, since the primary weakness of the team was coaching, and that's being fixed now.

          Reduce usage of DeRozan and Ibaka, increase usage of JV, Lowry, and Wright and we beat the Cavs. Simple enough.
          Are you being sarcastic?! Or are you Masai's burner account?! No coaching change can change the fact this roster aint good enough to compete with Lebron. Raps at the most should have won at least 2 games vs the Cavs but that one falls on Casey. The rest falls on the team.

          Comment


          • Quirk wrote: View Post
            I'm actually fine with not much happening, since the primary weakness of the team was coaching, and that's being fixed now.

            Reduce usage of DeRozan and Ibaka, increase usage of JV, Lowry, and Wright and we beat the Cavs. Simple enough.
            Lol this team couldn't beat one of LeBron's worst team in YEARS. If LeBron returns to Cleveland, expect them to surround him with a LOT more help. Meaning the Raptors are toast. It doesn't matter who the coach is
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • grindhouse wrote: View Post
              50+ wins second round exit another lost season. It’s about money putting fans in the seat. Smart move MU but what he doesn’t heard is lose of interest in ppl voice. Canadians outside the rough places are soft. “We’ll get the next year we’re only a few seasons away” ....5 years later same reply.
              This guy gets it.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment



              • Comment


                • Someone needs to ask Nick Nurse - if he's playing the Wizards, (who's current 5 spot consists of Ian Mahimi and Jason Smith), will he be resting JV for long stretches to match up with the Wizards small-ball lineup, or will he punish them inside by feeding JV every single possession?

                  Comment


                  • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Someone needs to ask Nick Nurse - if he's playing the Wizards, (who's current 5 spot consists of Ian Mahimi and Jason Smith), will he be resting JV for long stretches to match up with the Wizards small-ball lineup, or will he punish them inside by feeding JV every single possession?
                    I am sure he like Masai will reveal very little now, the result will show themselves on the court.

                    Comment


                    • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      No coaching change can change the fact this roster aint good enough to compete with Lebron.
                      The Raptors have a very good roster, which was easily the best in the east last year. Several players, notably Poeltl, Siakam and OG should improve. There is no issue in the roster.

                      During the regular season, Lowry, JV, Wright, Poeltl and Bebe all produced at a superstar clip in the minutes they where given (over ,200 WP48). DeRozan and FVV where very good (.165 and 149), and OG and Siakam where above average (over .100).

                      However, everybody else, notably Ibaka, Miles, and Powell, where very bad.

                      Meanwhile, these 3 non productive players combined for 4491 minutes, most inexcusably with Ibaka 3rd on the team in minutes, ahead of JV. Casey hung Ibaka around the team's neck like an albatross all season long, and they still produced 59 wins.

                      In the playoffs, Lowry, JV and Wright continued to deliver at a superstar pace, while Miles and OG played meh, not terrible, Poeltl and Siakam had their moments, while DeRozan, Ibaka and everybody else where absolutely terrible. Yet, DeRozan and Ibaka, where 2nd and 3rd in minutes. Give JV and Wright more of the minutes and you get different results.

                      LeBron is a superstar, he played .356 WP48 in the playoffs. This is amazing. But not unbeatable, considering the superiority of Toronto's roster. Sadly, Toronto has been stuck with an innumerate coach who had no way to evaluate the effectiveness of his rotations.

                      Judging by what I've heard from Nurse, this will change. The offence will go through JV and Lowry. I expect Wright to play a bigger role, I expect to see far less of Ibaka, I expect a smaller role for DeRozan and for him to build upon what he accomplished in the regular season, where he was a very good player, I expect Poeltl, Siakam, OG, and hopefully FVV to become better.

                      People are underestimating how good Toronto's roster is. They will not be easily surpassed.
                      Last edited by Quirk; Wed Jun 27th, 2018, 08:03 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Quirk wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors have a very good roster, which was easily the best in the east last year. Several players, notably Poeltl, Siakam and OG should improve. There is no issue in the roster.

                        During the regular season, Lowry, JV, Wright, Poeltl and Bebe all produced at a superstar clip in the minutes they where given (over ,200 WP48). DeRozan and FVV where very good (.165 and 149), and OG and Siakam where above average (over .100).

                        However, everybody else, notably Ibaka, Miles, and Powell, where very bad.

                        Meanwhile, these 3 non productive players combined for 4491 minutes, most inexcusably with Ibaka 3rd on the team in minutes, ahead of JV. Casey hung Ibaka around the team's neck like an albatross all season long, and they still produced 59 wins.

                        In the playoffs, Lowry, JV and Wright continued to deliver at a superstar pace, while Miles and OG played meh, not terrible, Poeltl and Siakam had their moments, while DeRozan, Ibaka and everybody else where absolutely terrible. Yet, DeRozan and Ibaka, where 2nd and 3rd in minutes. Give JV and Wright more of the minutes and you get different results.

                        LeBron is a superstar, he played .356 WP48 in the playoffs. This is amazing. But not unbeatable, considering the superiority of Toronto's roster. Sadly, Toronto has been stuck with an innumerate coach who had no way to evaluate the effectiveness of his rotations.

                        Judging by what I've heard from Nurse, this will change. The offence will go through JV and Lowry. I expect Wright to play a bigger role, I expect to see far less of Ibaka, I expect a smaller role for DeRozan and for him to build upon what he accomplished in the regular season, where he was a very good player, I expect Poeltl, Siakam, OG, and hopefully FVV to become better.

                        People are underestimating how good Toronto's roster is. They will not be easily surpassed.
                        This is music to my ears. I am not sure how accurate it is in terms of predicting results this year. But I think removing Casey's in-game management is a huge positive for the team.

                        Another year of passing to find the better shot will pay dividends. I expect JV, OG, Siakim, Wright and Poeltl to all improve their shot. I expect Poeltl to be stronger. I expect plays after time outs to improve. I expect end of clock plays to improve. I expect minute distribution to align with player effecctiveness. I expect Lowry to enter the post season well rested.

                        When you look at teams ranked for effectiveness at various tasks, fractions of a percentage point can have a huge impact on placement. The same thing with players.If OG improves his three point shot from 38.1% to 39.1% he jumps from 66th to 48th in the league. Small improvements can have a huge impact.

                        How much of the Raptors poor play was them wilting under pressure and them wilting because they were seeing their coach lose his mind under pressure? Presumably we find out next season after 82 games are finished.

                        Comment


                        • Bad hire..I have absolute no confidence in this fake a@@ coach..u might as well kept Dwayne Casey.. this franchise is so stupid...in other news LeBronto is L.A..maybe will get through second round now..if raps make the playoffs that is..
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

                          Comment


                          • LOL if the Raps make the playoffs. Way to give away the troll there...
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • A close source tells me that Nurse and Brad Stevens have a rivalry of sorts where Stevens used to steal Nurse's stuff and vice versa. To this day, in fact.

                              Both acknowledge to an extent the other's basketball IQ and that is a good look for Nurse.

                              A (quasi) endorsement from Brad Stevens
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                              Comment


                              • Don’t we need one more assistant coach? What’s going on with the search?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X