• Show
Clear All

• A.I
    replied
    As expected and well deserved.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Multi year? are we talkin what? 3 years? 4? 5?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    He Stay.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Fully deserved. Masai next

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Details will come out once the ink dries but Nick does say "many more years"

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have signed head coach Nick Nurse to a multi-year contract extension.

Nurse was named NBA coach of the year this past season — his second year as head coach of the club.

The Raptors went 53-19 during the regular season, posting the second-best record in the league despite losing superstar Kawhi Leonard to the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency after Toronto's run to the title last year.

“Our confidence in Nick just continues to grow, and part of that comes from what we’ve experienced together. The past two seasons have been unlike any other in our team’s history – first, winning our championship, and then navigating a global pandemic and committing long-term to the fight against racism and for social justice,” Raptors president Masai Ujiri said. “Nick has proved that he can coach on the court and lead in life, and we’re looking forward to accomplishing great things in the future.”

Toronto reached the Eastern Conference semifinals for the fifth year in a row before losing to the Boston Celtics in Game 7 last week.

Nurse, previously an assistant coach with the Raptors for five seasons, is 111-43 in two seasons as head coach.

“My family and I will always be appreciative of Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE ownership for this opportunity. I’m grateful to Masai, Bobby, and the players for their trust and their hard work,” Nurse said. “Toronto has been my home for the past seven years, and I look forward to it being home for many more. I’ve watched this franchise grow and reach the pinnacle, and I look forward to the challenge of helping us win another championship.”

More details to follow.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    If only they let us know how long the contract was for lol

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Hope he got a nice fat raise. Well deserved extension.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Raptors just signed Nick Nurse to a new multi-year extension.
    Great news, now do the same for Masai.

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Masai, give this man a new contract. And while you're at it, give yourself a new one ....
    "Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22"
    JUST incREEDIBLE

He's done it in the SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME POSSIBLE

That is wild

What a guy!!!!

YOLOOOO

#KAWHI2021

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

I can't believe non Raptors fans talk about Nurse like this XD we never had anything like this

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Masai, give this man a new contract. And while you're at it, give yourself a new one ....
    "Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22"

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Some guys are touchy about this but It's all that's left for Masai to prove; attract a significant FA here and others will follow.
    I think Kawhi's coming back!!! Knock on wood. Espesh if the rest of the playoffs in LA looks like it mite...

A 1st round elim 2 Dallas?? I bet that gets him rethinking his desperation 2 play w Paul "I'm a super fake superstar/even star at all" George

And then he's had his time living at home, and he'll b able 2 c some of the pros of TO over LA

We could even like let him live half the yr in Cali then come 2 TO 4 the 2nd half of the season or smthg ahahh

Or play 1st half in TO when it's warmer, then go 2 Cali 2 rest up 4 the playoffs ahah

A.I wrote: View Post

Hopefully MLSE pays Masai and Nurse whatever they want. If we have these two on the team, Raptors will be good for the foreseeable future.
    THEY BETTER!!!!

I don't c y not!!!!!

Like no reason not to! IS theere anyone better in basketball??? Not as far as I kno!
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Mon Aug 24th, 2020, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Congrats coach! Well deserved accolade.

Between MU and Nurse, Raps have such a good foundation to build upon. Just need some of these top notch players to open their eyes to what this franchise can offer them beyond the $$
    Some guys are touchy about this but It's all that's left for Masai to prove; attract a significant FA here and others will follow.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Between MU and Nurse, Raps have such a good foundation to build upon. Just need some of these top notch players to open their eyes to what this franchise can offer them beyond the $$
    Hopefully MLSE pays Masai and Nurse whatever they want. If we have these two on the team, Raptors will be good for the foreseeable future.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X