X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    This was from a very good article by Grange. This is not coming from any of us here. Because one moron poster made it his judgment crusade as to who are we questioning this coach.

Well here it is and shove this into your throat or maybe the other end (more like it) because this is coming from someone up close and personal with this rookie coach.

Its no question that all of us are rooting for this team to succeed so I just hope that this coach make the necessary correction (using the word correction of his ill advised mistakes in game 2 is more appropriate than an adjustment)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...rying-raptors/
    This is always the case, though. No coach pushes all the right buttons all the time and, when a team loses in the playoffs, it's almost always the case that you can point to at least one or two tactical issues that hurt the team. At the same time, Siakam made some bad decisions and took some questionable shots. Green and Gasol and Ibaka couldn't throw it in the ocean. One of those guys is hot instead of cold - hell, Green makes that three and Raps win in OT - and no one is talking about Nurse.

The media and fans are always looking for someone to blame or praise but, more often, it's a combination of many, many people doing (or not doing their jobs) that leads to the outcome of the game.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    This was from a very good article by Grange. This is not coming from any of us here. Because one moron poster made it his judgment crusade as to who are we questioning this coach.

Well here it is and shove this into your throat or maybe the other end (more like it) because this is coming from someone up close and personal with this rookie coach.

Its no question that all of us are rooting for this team to succeed so I just hope that this coach make the necessary correction (using the word correction of his ill advised mistakes in game 2 is more appropriate than an adjustment)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...rying-raptors/

Through six playoff wins the credit has been directed mostly toward the bulldozer that is Kawhi LeonardPascal SiakamMarc Gasolon the block against an otherwise over-matched Tobias Harris?

Leave a comment:

• Codadav
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If Ibaka plays he needs to play with Lowry more.
    Thats what I don't understand...If Embiid comes out early and Marc matches those minutes, doesn't that just help us by giving Ibaka more time early to play with Lowry??...I don't understand how thats not something Nurse would see right away!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

The only positive I see from Fred is that he's probably our best JJ chaser. Even Danny sometimes struggles to get around screens, etc as JJ is running around. Fred's pretty good at staying close to his man. I think Nurse likes that.. and Danny can't play 48 minutes.

I'd rather have Fred over McCaw. McCaw has no offense.. at least Fred can shoot (and did in Orlando). But he needs to stay away from Serge. If Serge is playing.. you have to have him play with Lowry at all times. Fred can play with Marc. Marc/Fred have pretty decent chemistry from what I saw in the regular season.
    Fred can chase all he wants, but he doesn't have the length or athleticism to get a strong contest on the shot. His offense is mind-numbingly bad. 98 ORTG on only 14% USG should not even be possible for an NBA rotation player. McCaw would have to try really hard to be worse than that if you actually played him with decent players in non-garbage time, like Fred.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Nurse is a hamroll! He's gotta go blud, he's gotta go fam!

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    This series feels like the perfect series for McCaw. You put him on Redick, Butler or that Ennis kid and they won't get hot like that. He won't score much on the other end, but then again neither will Fred

Fred should play only the roughly 10 minutes Lowry sits imo.
    Yeah I really don't like Lowry off ball next to Fred against the Sixers. Maybe against the Celtics it might work but the Sixers are simply too big and long.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Most of us agree now. I think Fred to me has lost some minutes for the next game, unless Nurse is that infatuated with his intagiblezz that I frankly haven't seen much of lately, even going back to the Orlando series Fred has been a passenger
    The only positive I see from Fred is that he's probably our best JJ chaser. Even Danny sometimes struggles to get around screens, etc as JJ is running around. Fred's pretty good at staying close to his man. I think Nurse likes that.. and Danny can't play 48 minutes.

I'd rather have Fred over McCaw. McCaw has no offense.. at least Fred can shoot (and did in Orlando). But he needs to stay away from Serge. If Serge is playing.. you have to have him play with Lowry at all times. Fred can play with Marc. Marc/Fred have pretty decent chemistry from what I saw in the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied

Agreed. He needs to be our scorer "off the bench". Tether Marc to Embiid, but tether Lowry to Ibaka.
    Ya I guess it's too late to expect anything from Fred at this point. This has confused me since we traded for Gasol. It was obvious what Ibaka needs on offense (someone who will pick and pop with him). I figured him and Fred or Norm would have that tandem but it's like those guys have no clue how to play with their own teammates. Not saying Ibaka is completely faultless cause he misses some very makeable shots (especially in game 2), but at the same time it's like this team has a limited capacity for the plays they can run. As soon as Ibaka is on the floor, the first or second offensive option should be running that play with him. Fred shouldn't be allowed to shoot until he runs a few of those with Serge. And Norm has shown flashes of being a decent passer/play maker so I'm not sure while Nick Nurse isn't utilizing those skills to get add some more structure when the bench guys are on the floor.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Tue Apr 30th, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm still waiting for my Patrick mccaw game. I believe on the young buck and has some skills that are very valuable to playoff ball. he will have his Norman Powell moment one of these games I just know it. make me proud crow!
    Most of us agree now. I think Fred to me has lost some minutes for the next game, unless Nurse is that infatuated with his intagiblezz that I frankly haven't seen much of lately, even going back to the Orlando series Fred has been a passenger

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    This series feels like the perfect series for McCaw. You put him on Redick, Butler or that Ennis kid and they won't get hot like that. He won't score much on the other end, but then again neither will Fred

I'm still waiting for my Patrick mccaw game. I believe on the young buck and has some skills that are very valuable to playoff ball. he will have his Norman Powell moment one of these games I just know it. make me proud crow!

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

I like the idea of giving Ibaka some minutes at the 4 to keep him happy and engaged.

actually against this team I'd argue hes back to being better suited as a power forward than he is as a center. wish we had moose and they didn't right now..
    Yeah I know Moose is not gonna have another game like that, but it's ironic that we basically swapped him for Eric Moreland as our third C, to save a bit of cash, then Moreland shows to be unplayable. While Moose drops 10pts & 5 boards in 11 minutes on us, on a close playoff game, being arguably more effective then Embiid ( who had 12 pts and 8 boards on 32 minutes). The universe has a way of getting back at you sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, something like this as a starting framework. McCaw should get a crack at FVV's minutes. Basic concepts are: (1) tether Gasol to Embiid, (2) keep a minimum of 3 starters on the floor at all times - preferably 4 & (3) Kawhi & Siakam play with FVV as bailout scoring options. (4) Ibaka takes the backup PF spot, instead of Kawhi to give Siakam a brief rest.

I like the idea of giving Ibaka some minutes at the 4 to keep him happy and engaged.

actually against this team I'd argue hes back to being better suited as a power forward than he is as a center. wish we had moose and they didn't right now..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Nurse has been a breath of fresh air for most of this season. A stark contrast from the rigid, unimaginative Casey.

But this outright refusal to tether Gasol with Embiid is infuriating. There is no reason for it. None.
    In game adjustments were supposed to be one of the key upgrades of Nurse over Casey. Brett Brown made some great, but not totally unexpected, chess moves. Nurse had a perfect "that's why they brought me here" spotlight moment last night, and he didn't capitalize.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    I would like to see this kind of rough minutes next game:

gasol - 38
    siakam - 40
    Kawhi - 40
    Green - 36
    Lowry - 40

Ibaka - 10
    Powell - 14
    McCaw- 12
    fred - 8

now, I know we wont see it. Ibaka and fred have too long of a leash with this coach. Just my thoughts. The 76ers are not an ideal matchup for either one of those 2 men. In a perfect world OG could take some minutes
    Yeah, something like this as a starting framework. McCaw should get a crack at FVV's minutes. Basic concepts are: (1) tether Gasol to Embiid, (2) keep a minimum of 3 starters on the floor at all times - preferably 4 & (3) Kawhi & Siakam play with FVV as bailout scoring options. (4) Ibaka takes the backup PF spot, instead of Kawhi to give Siakam a brief rest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X