X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moneyball 168
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    I like this play. So its called the Spanish PnR...
    having Marc will only make that action even more lethal

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Blake at The Athletic has an article up today on Nurse's use of the Spain pick-and-roll - like the play that got Kawhi the open lane layup vs the Celtics. One item mentioned is that the Raptors rank 5th in points per ATO plays. This is despite (per CTG stats) the Raptors ranking only 14th in half court scoring.
    I remember earlier in the year nick got pissed at blake cause he was asking him about the spain pnr in a scrum. Nick said something along the lines of we dont need to be talking about our schemes in the media

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Blake at The Athletic has an article up today on Nurse's use of the Spain pick-and-roll - like the play that got Kawhi the open lane layup vs the Celtics. One item mentioned is that the Raptors rank 5th in points per ATO plays. This is despite (per CTG stats) the Raptors ranking only 14th in half court scoring.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    I would say that the team is well-coached and prepared but they don't always have the focus, intensity and effort to make it all work. Last night, they were dialed-in with a full complement of players and, so, they played well. I think a lot of the finger pointing at Nurse more properly belongs with the players who have played far too casually at times all season.
    But it easier to blame the coach, same in all sports. If the team is performing/winning, the coach looks like a genius - great players make great coaches etc lol

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    This was a very well coached game. Saw a lot of nice plays being run, solid rotations and good timeouts, especially the one in the second half when Celtics made a run.
    I would say that the team is well-coached and prepared but they don't always have the focus, intensity and effort to make it all work. Last night, they were dialed-in with a full complement of players and, so, they played well. I think a lot of the finger pointing at Nurse more properly belongs with the players who have played far too casually at times all season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X