X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Yeah, well the Hawks full court press just proved without a shadow of a doubt that McCaw isn’t a “ball handler” either.

At this point, I’d rather bring in Skip to My Lou, or The Professor as ball handlers. At least it would be entertaining.
    Preferable to McCaw.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Yeah, well the Hawks full court press just proved without a shadow of a doubt that McCaw isn’t a “ball handler” either.

At this point, I’d rather bring in Skip to My Lou, or The Professor as ball handlers. At least it would be entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Believe this to be the case. We're starting both of our point guards. And TD hasn't earned (and rightfully so) the ability to run the offense yet. So this leave McCaw as our 3rd PG. We could play pascal as a defacto point guard with the 2nd unit but then we would have to stagger his minutes and lose alot of the starting unit fire power. Hopefully we can pick up a true 3rd PG in the buyout market and we don't have to see so much of patrick
    Yep. Either that or Nurse adapts and adjust his rotation to fit the roster we have. Ideally, both McCaw's and Lowry's minutes would go down (for different reasons of course)

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    My Nurse-McCaw theory is this:

It's almost like the team is short of "ballhandlers" (as defined by Nurse and his system), hence they're all getting heavy minutes. So I'd venture to guess if there were to be a move at the deadline it would be for another "Nurse ballhandler". I just hope that if that's case, the trade yields a net increase in talent and/or a pick, rather than a move to just fix an artificial shortage of ballhandlers.
    Believe this to be the case. We're starting both of our point guards. And TD hasn't earned (and rightfully so) the ability to run the offense yet. So this leave McCaw as our 3rd PG. We could play pascal as a defacto point guard with the 2nd unit but then we would have to stagger his minutes and lose alot of the starting unit fire power. Hopefully we can pick up a true 3rd PG in the buyout market and we don't have to see so much of patrick

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    My Nurse-McCaw theory is this:
    1. Nurse sees this team as only having 3 true ballhandlers: Lowry, Fred and McCaw (even though Davis, Norm and Siakam can arguably function as ballhandlers)
    2. He likes having at least 2 ballhandlers on the floor most of the time, especially on closing time.
    3. If you need to have 2 out of Fred/Lowry/McCaw on the floor all the time, that by default will yield a lot of minutes to all of them, especially when there are injuries. That explains not only the inflated McCaw minutes everyone is pissed about, but also Lowry's (who currently leads the NBA in minutes) and Fred's (6th highest league-wide)

They say the modern game is positionless and he's an experimental coach, but this is one positional dogma he's hanging on to. That's concerning to me for different reasons: McCaw's minutes should go down because it's taking minutes away from better players, and Lowry's should go down because he's older and we want to conserve him for the playoffs. Fred's are probably okay, but if he's 6th leaguewide you gotta wonder if that usage/minutes is too high too.

It's almost like the team is short of "ballhandlers" (as defined by Nurse and his system), hence they're all getting heavy minutes. So I'd venture to guess if there were to be a move at the deadline it would be for another "Nurse ballhandler". I just hope that if that's case, the trade yields a net increase in talent and/or a pick, rather than a move to just fix an artificial shortage of ballhandlers.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    Coach of the Month
    Second of many times he gets this. Needs 3 more to tie Casey.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    And Vogel for the Lakers out West

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Coach of the Champs

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Coach of the Month
    Coach of the Year

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Coach of the Month

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Nurse coached his 100th game as HC of Raptors ...record: 72W - 28L ... pretty damn good.
    This is very close to Kawhi lifetime win percentage. He played most of last year. The fact that they keep this pace up without him is astounding.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sounds like a touch over .700 ball to me
    Pretty damn good indeed
    I forgot the capper .... and 1 NBA championship. How effing good that does look on a plaque!

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Nurse coached his 100th game as HC of Raptors ...record: 72W - 28L ... pretty damn good.
    Sounds like a touch over .700 ball to me
    Pretty damn good indeed

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X