• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

you weren't kidding about toxic

He didn't want a player to wear durag???

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-ri...-5-25-84224970

at 34:00 minute mark
    What a horrible effing monster. Jekyll & Hyde, for real. Glad we got his toxic ass out here.

/pink font

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

What secrets about Raptors culture could he possibly share: try to get guys like Kyle Lowry and Kawhi to join your team?

But seriously, Nate is getting fired because he's apparently creating a toxic culture. That's actually pretty good to scare teams off, no? Maybe Masai sent him there on purpose to mess up one of our enemies. We should send more coaches to opposing teams and put them into dis-array.
    you weren't kidding about toxic

He didn't want a player to wear durag???

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-ri...-5-25-84224970

at 34:00 minute mark

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

lol. I was joking, man. C'mon.
    Sorry sometimes on internet you hear everything and i take it at face value

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

I really doubt it. Probably just bit off more than he can chew.
    lol. I was joking, man. C'mon.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

What secrets about Raptors culture could he possibly share: try to get guys like Kyle Lowry and Kawhi to join your team?

But seriously, Nate is getting fired because he's apparently creating a toxic culture. That's actually pretty good to scare teams off, no? Maybe Masai sent him there on purpose to mess up one of our enemies. We should send more coaches to opposing teams and put them into dis-array.
    I really doubt it. Probably just bit off more than he can chew.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

No. But these guys leave Raps so they can share Raptors secrets and culture and then when it doesn't work out they can just come back? We are not safety blanket.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mixx lives by la familia rules. Must be Sicilian.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

lol. It wasn't a lateral move. It was a promotion to an opportunity that's extremely rare that you've grinded a lifetime for. The only way Nate gets a head coaching gig with the Raps is if he takes Nurse's job. Is that what you wanted?
    No. But these guys leave Raps so they can share Raptors secrets and culture and then when it doesn't work out they can just come back? We are not safety blanket.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

no mercy
    lol. It wasn't a lateral move. It was a promotion to an opportunity that's extremely rare that you've grinded a lifetime for. The only way Nate gets a head coaching gig with the Raps is if he takes Nurse's job. Is that what you wanted?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

lol. What?

On the flip side, maybe this scares teams from poaching Raptor assistant coaches, looking for "the next Nick Nurse'.
    no mercy

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Well we lost his replacement (Finch) half way through the year too. It's up to Nick.. does he want Scariolo or Griffin to be his right hand man all season next year (or someone else) or should he get the guy he wants/trusts the most?

Nate seems to be that guy.. I think he comes back.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nah don't take him back. They should start to realize that there are consequences for leaving Raps.
    lol. What?

On the flip side, maybe this scares teams from poaching Raptor assistant coaches, looking for "the next Nick Nurse'.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nah don't take him back. They should start to realize that there are consequences for leaving Raps.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

He'll likely have a long career as an assistant, which means given a few years for this stuff to die off a bit he might get another crack. But not likely he jumps straight to another head coaching gig, that's for sure. Kinda seems likely he does end up back here, players and staff clearly like him a lot and they've had a few assistants hired away leaving spots to fill.
    I have no doubt that Nurse will take him back as an assistant in a heartbeat, which I think would be great for the Raps next season. Nurse said that Nate was really good at "talking him down from the ledge" at various times during the season. Could have used that in Tampa, for sure.

But another NBA head coaching gig for Nate? I think that's a slim-to-none probability.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    I wonder if he gets another chance at a head coaching position. If not, I wouldn't mind bringing him back as an assistant coach.
    likely not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X