• Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Elite.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I remember posting player quotes two years ago trying to support NN against detractors here lol

“Coaches don’t really get a lot of credit in this league,” said VanVleet afterwards. “They definitely do a good job putting us in good positions. They’re flexible, they listen to us, and with as little amount of practice time that we have, it’s very important that we have good communication, trust and I think that’s something that’s been building for the last year and a half. Even when we lose and we play bad, we pretty much know exactly what it is; we’re never searching for answers and that’s something you like to hang your hat on.”

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    So can someone explain to me why he lost the coach's association coach of the year or whatever they call it to Donovan and Budenholzer? hoe did that happen? jealousy?
    Didn't end up like 10, 10, 9?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Ujiri praised Nurse for being hardworking yet relaxed.

"Always setting the tone for our team — attacking our next championship, rather than defending our last," Ujiri said. "That is who Nick is, that is why we believe in him. His journey to this tremendous honour has been a long one. We are so happy to see him recognized this way."

Pretty cool quote

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    So can someone explain to me why he lost the coach's association coach of the year or whatever they call it to Donovan and Budenholzer? hoe did that happen? jealousy?
    It was super close and all they needed was a few dumb coaches in the voting. Casey was one

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Masai left Denver before Karl, who wasn’t actually fired either. They just let his contract run out, IIRC.
    Just checked, Masai left, soon after George Karl was fired as he was entering the final year of his contract and won coach of the year a month earlier. So it wasn't actually Masai who fired him.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

That was cool

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

To be fair, Masai did the same with George Karl in Denver.
    Masai left Denver before Karl, who wasn’t actually fired either. They just let his contract run out, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

The Casey firing was a bad precedent if you are a head coach in the NBA.
    To be fair, Masai did the same with George Karl in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

No NBA coach’s job is safe now. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    So, Toronto wins the COY two out of three years, and the NBA championship in between.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I 100% knew they'd correct the previous coach voted idiocy.
    You can't applaud Bud for continuing to win with one of the top 5 players in the game and then penalize Nurse for continuing to win WITHOUT the same.

So well deserved and I think he out coaches Brad in the next round. Masai and him both need new deals here.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

If the coaches still hold a grudge to Toronto for that, then giving Nurse the award works for them.
    Nick can demand more $$$ or he leaves.
    Win-win for the coaches union either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X