Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    So my boy Rex is gone?
    As soon as they started looking at assistants for the promotion, only one of Nurse, Rex and Stack were going to be staying.

The lower level assistants may stick around (Jama seems like a favourite for the 905 role), but it would be surprising if any of the top guys were willing to work under each other.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      Nurse's assistant rumours from RealGM.

"More and more insisting rumors that they want Sergio Scariolo or Andrea Trincheri main to be assistants to the Toronto Raptors under Nurse. The announcement should be made in the coming weeks."
      Who are these guys?

Comment

I thought I'd wake up in a better frame of mind over this hiring. Still incredibly disappointed unless as I mentioned yesterday that this is a sign of a rebuild to come.

Was Triano an assistant with the Raptors before he was hired as their head coach. The idea that that is what this may turn into frightens me.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I thought I'd wake up in a better frame of mind over this hiring. Still incredibly disappointed unless as I mentioned yesterday that this is a sign of a rebuild to come.

Was Triano an assistant with the Raptors before he was hired as their head coach. The idea that that is what this may turn into frightens me.
          Triano was an assistant before being promoted to head coach. But I think that's where his similarities to Nurse starts/ends.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Triano was an assistant before being promoted to head coach. But I think that's where his similarities to Nurse starts/ends.
            It's a fear, not a foreshadowing...I hope.

Comment

In fairness to Triano, he was put in a weird situation in Toronto. He's clearly a good basketball mind and coach but just isn't an NBA head coach. As for Nurse, I guess we're going to find out.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Because if that's not what happened every single time, then why did we hire this guy.
                Photographic evidence:

Comment

Interesting.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1557284
                  Despite a largely successful partnership during their time together with the Toronto Raptors, Dwane Casey and Nick Nurse might be happier they'll reside in different cities next season.

In a report from Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, league sources say the newly minted head coaches - Nurse with Toronto and Casey with the Detroit Pistons - haven't been on good terms since Casey was let go by the Raptors on May 11 before Nurse's promotion to the top spot. One source even went as far as to say, "No love lost between 'em."

Another source suggested that due to the presence of the defensive-minded Casey and defensive coordinator Rex Kalamian, Nurse's offensive ideas weren't given a chance to be fully heard and implemented despite him leading Toronto's switch to a more pass-heavy motion offense this past season.

Nurse's supporters also apparently believe that along with his offense-first mindset, he'll hold players accountable in ways Casey could not, according to Feschuk.

Despite being the man who gave Nurse his first gig on an NBA bench, Casey's new role as head coach of the Pistons just across the border - and the apparently frayed relationship between the two - could add a little juice to the regional rivalry.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

One positive from this signing is that there's some drama. I love drama
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      So Nurse wasn't in the NBA prior to Casey bringing him in?

Comment

Who are these guys?
                        Scariolo's worked with the Spanish NT (and I guess Ibaka as a result). Trincheri was the head coach of a threepeat German champion, Brose Bamburg - he coached Dorell Wright and Daniel Theis there. Got released/fired after the team started losing this season (guessing because they lost Theis).

More importantly for Trincheri however, is this video.

Already better at timeouts than Casey.
                        Last edited by Mindlessness; Wed Jun 13, 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Nope, he was in the D-League

Comment

Not directly, but he was a D-League coach for several years. Really successful as well.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Are we sure it was Casey that brought him in, and not Masai?
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Are we sure it was Casey that brought him in, and not Masai?

Casey called him. (at 15:25)
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X