• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's just Coach of the Month...
    Serious business
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• One of my very first posts (I believe I started a thread) here when I started a year ago was suggesting that the Raptors could be the Eastern Spurs. I meant by that a team that was attempting to develop a culture of winning, a style and a philosophy. There was debate of course and the point was made that we didn't have Tim Duncan. So now a year later we have Kawhi Leonard. We also have a coach who is bringing something new, who seems well liked and respected by the players and of course an executive who seems to be making all of the right moves. To paraphrase Winston Churchill (possibly a first on this board) this might not be the beginning of the end but the end of the beginning. I think Nick Nurse is going to move the Raptors forward to be genuine contenders and eventually champions. He could be here for a very long time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I love Schitt's Creek. They have some Christmas special next week.. looking forward to that.

I named my two pets that I adopted earlier this year to "Moira" and "Rose".

Comment

• Nurse blasting the refs for the Kawhi non-calls after the Nuggets game got a lot of media attention, which is great. So far, no fine from the NBA. Great job, Nick.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Nurse blasting the refs for the Kawhi non-calls after the Nuggets game got a lot of media attention, which is great. So far, no fine from the NBA. Great job, Nick.
            You can bet Kawhi appreciates it after how he feels he was treated in SA and Pop's more recent comments. And judging by thge pre-season comments, Kawhi already liked Nurse's basketball mind. It's all good there.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              You can bet Kawhi appreciates it after how he feels he was treated in SA and Pop's more recent comments. And judging by thge pre-season comments, Kawhi already liked Nurse's basketball mind. It's all good there.
              For those keeping score at home

Dislikes: weather, the fact we're not LA

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                For those keeping score at home

Dislikes: weather, the fact we're not LA
                He also dislikes talking about Christmas.

Comment

He also likes "good food", which he may or may not be insinuating you cannot get in Toronto.

Comment

• nilanka wrote: View Post
                    he also dislikes talking about christmas.
                    cancel christmas! Deck the halls with nothing!

lj2 wrote: View Post
                    he also likes "good food", which he may or may not be insinuating you cannot get in toronto.
                    we need better chefs!!

Comment

• As expecked, Nurse gets fined for his remarks

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        cancel christmas! Deck the halls with nothing!

we need better chefs!!
                        I bet Serge is cooking for him. That'd turn anyone's stomach after a couple months
                        OG is our king

Comment

But does he like hugs?

Comment

• So far nick gets a A+ for his recruitment. He was quick to defend kawhi when pop had his leadership comments. The times he has gotten really pissed at refs during game are usually plays kawhi gets wacked and now taking the fine. I always assumed front office compensated the coach when they get these fines but if thats not the case masai should defiantly find a way to get nick his 15k back. Hope refs start to give the klaw some respect the leagues other superstars get.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              So far nick gets a A+ for his recruitment. He was quick to defend kawhi when pop had his leadership comments. The times he has gotten really pissed at refs during game are usually plays kawhi gets wacked and now taking the fine. I always assumed front office compensated the coach when they get these fines but if thats not the case masai should defiantly find a way to get nick his 15k back. Hope refs start to give the klaw some respect the leagues other superstars get.
                              The team will almost assuredly pay the fine in an instance such as this

Comment

• I wonder if Nurse knows how many fines the team will pay before Masai say "Ah, Nick... have you got a minute. We need to talk about something here."

Comment

Working...
                                X