Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It is not early in the season. We are just about 50 games in, or more than half done the season. We also won't have that much practice time down the stretch. We have a pretty spread out schedule leading into the all-star break, but after that we have a fairly busy March with a pretty travel heavy schedule (the pre/post all-star homestand is our longest one left). So to me, we have until the all-star break to get into a real rhythm and establish some sort of playstyle that we can effectively use on a nightly basis.

Also, the Suns and Grizzlies are bad teams. Playing better against bad teams isn't necessarily a sign of anything other than those teams sucking. You have to be able to accomplish similar things against top tier competition, which is always more difficult.

The only legitimate excuse is that we've had a lot of guys in and out of the lineup with injuries.

Also, we don't need another offensive threat to get to the finals. We are as talented, or more talented, than every team in the East.
    We've beat almost every top team (that we've played) at least once except Denver from what I can remember. We have the best or second best record on the road and all this with us only being fully healthy for ONE game the entire regular season. Yes we have beaten a couple bad teams lately and Nurse along with the players definitely fucked up down the stretch against Boston (where again we were not healthy and they were) but to act like we only beat crappy teams and we all should chill out is crazy.

And to say the only legitimate excuse is health like it's some minor thing has to stop. We have been without JV, Kyle, Kawhi, Fred, Norm, CJ, OG, Delon and Serge so far this season. Some guys out longer than others and some guys like Fred and Kyle are playing hurt or not at 100%. Tell me a team in the NBA this season that has gone through this amount of injuries other than maybe Denver and is still this successful. You take this many IMPORTANT players in and out the lineup of any top Eastern conference team or team period and trust and believe they would NOT be 35-13, I would bet a lot of money on that.

I definitely agree Nurse needs to start getting serious and stop experimenting very soon but the injuries are probably a big reason why he's been experimenting for this long. I will hold out hope that when we're finally 100% healthy we will start seeing less experimenting. I also want to stay positive and believe that he is definitely holding things back and keeping it for the playoffs, which is something he has eluded to in the past. But he and the team have done very well considering and just because injuries are apart of the game that does not make it minor. Our whole damn team has been injured throughout this season and we're still killing it. We'll be just fine in my humble opinion. Now if when we're healthy Nurse is still doing dumb shit then maybe I'll start to become a little more concerned.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Also, we don't need another offensive threat to get to the finals. We are as talented, or more talented, than every team in the East.
      I disagree, there's night where Kawhi is carrying the full load, that's not going to work in playoffs. The Celtics have more talent, and I would argue the Bucks are put together better. But I respect your opinion. I just disagree with it.

Comment

• We either need Kyle to get/stay hot, Siakam to continue to develop into a realistic 2nd/3rd option on a regular basis, Serge to re-surge and/or JV to return healthy and hot. OG to right the ship, Norm to continue his reclammation, Miles to stay resurrected and Kawhi/Green to stay Kawhi/Green ....

Of find another offensive threat through trade.

Or ALL of the above lol

Comment

• A stretch of 10-15 games fully healthy would be nice to really evaluate this team. Unfortunately we are unlikely to see that until after the Allstar break, if we are lucky. But my guess is that if we had that type of stretch where evryone can get into a groove, and know whats expected of them each and every night, get comfortable with their roles amd solidify chemistry with the guys they share the floor with the most, then we might not even be looking at making trades. We are a solid 11 deep, and although a few players have had some difficulty so far its hard to discount them based on previous seasons performances. We have a well rounded, very deep team thats at the top of league despite all the injury problems. Fully healthy, this can be a Finals team as is.

Comment

• The problem is you just never know if you head into the post season with all hands on deck and firing to their capability to go 12-2

or

Lowry is about to shoot 22% from the 3 or injured
            Miles is about to shoot 0-fer
            Norm disappears again
            Fred becomes the 12th man instead of 6th man
            Serge remembers he's really old

I still think Masai makes a small move to shore up the 3 pt shooting/guard/wing/who knows. If they bow out in the 2nd/3rd round and he has stood pat and Kawhi walks, he mght as well fire himself....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              The problem is you just never know if you head into the post season with all hands on deck and firing to their capability to go 12-2

or

Norm disappears again

I still think Masai makes a small move to shore up the 3 pt shooting/guard/wing/who knows. If they bow out in the 2nd/3rd round and he has stood pat and Kawhi walks, he mght as well fire himself....
              I nominate you for the Mister Grumpy award.

Comment

The problem is you just never know if you head into the post season with all hands on deck and firing to their capability to go 12-2

or

Norm disappears again

And what if he goes out and gets a shooter, who plays over, say, Norm, and goes cold in the playoffs, shooting like 20% from three, and they lose because of that? What if Norm would have been on fire in the playoffs? Maybe he should fire himself then too.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I nominate you for the Mister Grumpy award.
                  Someone has to think the way Masai does lol

Comment

or

Norm disappears again

I agree ...we need a consistent shooter ...we should get beal

I know thats giving up a lot and will ruin our future and might mess up the team dynamic , but we're already all in....lowry , green, Ibaka are old ....and let's not kid ourselves ..Ibaka isnt 29 lol

this is Toronto best chance to win a championship

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
                      I agree ...we need a consistent shooter ...we should get beal

I know thats giving up a lot and will ruin our future and might mess up the team dynamic , but we're already all in....lowry , green, Ibaka are old ....and let's not kid ourselves ..Ibaka isnt 29 lol

this is Toronto best chance to win a championship
                      Beal would be an upgrade...

Who off the current roster and what future draft picks are you thinking would have to be given up for Beal?
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Beal would be an upgrade...

Who off the current roster and what future draft picks are you thinking would have to be given up for Beal?
                        To Wiz: FVV, OG, Miles, Powell, 2020 FRP, 2021 SRP
                        To Raps: Beal, Satoransky, Jeff Green, Gary Payton II (roster balance)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          The best comp for a Beal trade is probably George to OKC or Butler to Philly (Derozan would be another comp but that was a different kind of deal). Indy got Oladipo and Sabonis. Minny got Covington and Saric. Is your Raps package for Beal comparable to those deals? I think more realistically you'd be looking at something along the lines of Siakam and OG. WSH isn't going to trade Beal for a new bench.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            The best comp for a Beal trade is probably George to OKC or Butler to Philly (Derozan would be another comp but that was a different kind of deal). Indy got Oladipo and Sabonis. Minny got Covington and Saric. Is your Raps package for Beal comparable to those deals? I think more realistically you'd be looking at something along the lines of Siakam and OG. WSH isn't going to trade Beal for a new bench.
                            Agreed. Siakam and OG are a bit better package IMO than either of those, when you consider Oladipo and Sabonis at the time of the trade. BUT
                            George was a rental with no guarantees. Butler is somewhat of a rental too. Beal is signed for 3 years at a decent price. And Beal is not as good as either of those guys.

But its a moot point. Washington is not biting
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              We can't trade a 2020 1st. Has to be 2021. Otherwise I think I like your proposal. Risky losing FVV and OG both, but worth it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Beal is not being traded. Leonsis all but slammed that door shut.

Us fans need to hitch our trade fantasies on to a new target now. By the way anyone hear from 10FTW lately? We need him!

Comment

Working...
                                X