Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beal is not being traded. Leonsis all but slammed that door shut.

    Us fans need to hitch our trade fantasies on to a new target now. By the way anyone hear from 10FTW lately? We need him!

    Comment


    • Depending on how Portland does going into the ASB, would CJ McCollum be of interest? He's sort of Beal "light" but making the same money. Not as much of an alpha like Beal, his numbers are a bit down this season, but he's good for 20 pts a night if Lowry can't be relied on in the playoffs to help Kawhi.

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Depending on how Portland does going into the ASB, would CJ McCollum be of interest? He's sort of Beal "light" but making the same money. Not as much of an alpha like Beal, his numbers are a bit down this season, but he's good for 20 pts a night if Lowry can't be relied on in the playoffs to help Kawhi.
        CJ McCollum is not 'Beal Lite'. They're pretty much the exact same player, with one very big difference: CJ craters in the playoffs. Doesn't matter because the Blazers are buyers, not sellers. Great comparison, btw.






        http://bkref.com/tiny/kl022

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post
          CJ McCollum is not 'Beal Lite'. They're pretty much the exact same player, with one very big difference: CJ craters in the playoffs. Doesn't matter because the Blazers are buyers, not sellers. Great comparison, btw.






          http://bkref.com/tiny/kl022
          We dont want to go back to that “exception” and experience again how a player craters in the playoffs.

          Comment


          • Lol if Casey drew up that play at the end of the Rockets game his thread would be packed with insults for him. For Nurse for some reason it's ok to be completely incompetent as a HC.

            Comment


            • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Lol if Casey drew up that play at the end of the Rockets game his thread would be packed with insults for him. For Nurse for some reason it's ok to be completely incompetent as a HC.
              I think people are starting to get on Nurse's bad side slowly but surely. We were just giving him the benefit of the doubt for a bit because he's a new NBA coach. More people are definitely coming for him lately though including me
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

              Comment


              • I'm just thinking about this, but literally if Nurse just does these 4 things (I will get to it in a second) when JV gets back or even with Greg still needing to play, we would be so much better. It would probably also prevent us from playing close games down the stretch more often than not, so his terrible end of game plays and execution won't even matter. Cause clearly he is no better than Casey when it comes to that part of the game, which is a bit disappointing but whatever. Anyway, here are the 4 things:

                1. Take CJ out of the lineup. Period. Unless someone is injured or gets into early foul trouble or we are just having one of those
                games where no one plays well and we're trying to find a spark, CJ should never see the floor.

                2. When we are 100% healthy take Greg out of the lineup. This one I know will happen so I'm not worried but man is he bad. He
                literally kills any lineup he plays on. He's even a bigger reason why CJ should not be getting playing time right now. You
                CANNOT have two terrible defenders on the floor at the same time with a bench that isn't good.

                3. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS have one of Pascal, Kawhi or Kyle on the floor at all times. Whether we are 100% healthy or not.
                If Pascal is the one on the floor then obviously Norm and Delon should be the one's getting the minutes alongside Fred. If
                Kawhi is the one on the floor then you can choose between Delon or Norm alongside Fred. If Kyle is the one on the floor then it
                should be Norm alongside Fred.

                4. NEVER and I mean NEVER play that 3 point guard line up. We haven't done it much this year so I'm not too worried about that
                either, but sometimes when Kyle is the one that plays with the bench they like to still play both Fred and Delon. That cannot
                happen any longer. The 3 point guard line up has been bad to us for years. No matter who it's been it's always been bad so
                that definitely needs to never happen again.

                And if I had to add one more small thing I would say play JV more when he's healthy. Especially at those moments when we are struggling to score. He just sets such good screens and is such a good roll man and rebounder. He helps our offence A LOT when he's on the floor. Much more than Serge. But as usual even when he's healthy we do not play him enough and it's very frustrating. He can also get you a basket or two on the post up as well. USE him more Nurse PLEASE.

                In my opinion if Nurse just follows these steps when it comes to the rotations, we would rarely have to be going down to the wire with teams (especially ones in the East) and his bad late game play calling and execution won't matter. This should also keep up in the playoffs as well. The only thing I would add is you would probably play even less of the bench come playoff time.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  ...For Nurse for some reason it's ok to be completely incompetent as a HC.
                  And for some reason outrageous hyperbole is okay in a fan forum. Go figure.

                  Comment


                  • GLF wrote: View Post
                    I'm just thinking about this, but literally if Nurse just does these 4 things (I will get to it in a second) when JV gets back or even with Greg still needing to play, we would be so much better. It would probably also prevent us from playing close games down the stretch more often than not, so his terrible end of game plays and execution won't even matter. Cause clearly he is no better than Casey when it comes to that part of the game, which is a bit disappointing but whatever. Anyway, here are the 4 things:

                    1. Take CJ out of the lineup. Period. Unless someone is injured or gets into early foul trouble or we are just having one of those
                    games where no one plays well and we're trying to find a spark, CJ should never see the floor.

                    2. When we are 100% healthy take Greg out of the lineup. This one I know will happen so I'm not worried but man is he bad. He
                    literally kills any lineup he plays on. He's even a bigger reason why CJ should not be getting playing time right now. You
                    CANNOT have two terrible defenders on the floor at the same time with a bench that isn't good.

                    3. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS have one of Pascal, Kawhi or Kyle on the floor at all times. Whether we are 100% healthy or not.
                    If Pascal is the one on the floor then obviously Norm and Delon should be the one's getting the minutes alongside Fred. If
                    Kawhi is the one on the floor then you can choose between Delon or Norm alongside Fred. If Kyle is the one on the floor then it
                    should be Norm alongside Fred.

                    4. NEVER and I mean NEVER play that 3 point guard line up. We haven't done it much this year so I'm not too worried about that
                    either, but sometimes when Kyle is the one that plays with the bench they like to still play both Fred and Delon. That cannot
                    happen any longer. The 3 point guard line up has been bad to us for years. No matter who it's been it's always been bad so
                    that definitely needs to never happen again.

                    And if I had to add one more small thing I would say play JV more when he's healthy. Especially at those moments when we are struggling to score. He just sets such good screens and is such a good roll man and rebounder. He helps our offence A LOT when he's on the floor. Much more than Serge. But as usual even when he's healthy we do not play him enough and it's very frustrating. He can also get you a basket or two on the post up as well. USE him more Nurse PLEASE.

                    In my opinion if Nurse just follows these steps when it comes to the rotations, we would rarely have to be going down to the wire with teams (especially ones in the East) and his bad late game play calling and execution won't matter. This should also keep up in the playoffs as well. The only thing I would add is you would probably play even less of the bench come playoff time.
                    I think Nurse is trying to revive Miles by giving him extended runs. I'm not too wound up about that if it works at some point. So far we have only seen a small slice of it working. When the team gets into the playoffs, Miles sits unless it's a blow out. I am guessing Miles shows up better in practices than in games and Nurse is rewarding him with game time. If he just nails his ads to the bench, even when he is working hard, it sends a bad message. Just speculating here.

                    Comment


                    • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Lol if Casey drew up that play at the end of the Rockets game his thread would be packed with insults for him. For Nurse for some reason it's ok to be completely incompetent as a HC.
                      Hmm, wonder why people have more patience with a first year head coach than a guy who had a track record of years. Wonder why people aren't so sure about their evaluations of the former as they were about the latter. I guess it's a big ol mystery. Oh well.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Lol if Casey drew up that play at the end of the Rockets game his thread would be packed with insults for him. For Nurse for some reason it's ok to be completely incompetent as a HC.
                        So you think Nurse drew up a contested fadeaway 3? They weren't able to execute the play or get to the spot they wanted. Harden cut Kawhi off busting inside, who knows what the play was supposed to be.

                        It's OK to criticize the players or Nurse for not executing what was called but criticizing the way it played out is nothing but a hot take

                        Comment


                        • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          So you think Nurse drew up a contested fadeaway 3? They weren't able to execute the play or get to the spot they wanted. Harden cut Kawhi off busting inside, who knows what the play was supposed to be.

                          It's OK to criticize the players or Nurse for not executing what was called but criticizing the way it played out is nothing but a hot take
                          Well this team has no closer. Kyle was clutch in the past and Kawhi has shown that he struggles to make a shot at the end of a tight game this year. So is it reasonable to just ISO at the end of this game? We had all the momentum after that crazy minute or so and Kawhi walks into the frontcourt, dribbles for 10 seconds, gets a lazy screen and gets a contested shot off with less than 1 second. Should have done better.

                          Comment


                          • Jangles wrote: View Post
                            Well this team has no closer. Kyle was clutch in the past and Kawhi has shown that he struggles to make a shot at the end of a tight game this year. So is it reasonable to just ISO at the end of this game? We had all the momentum after that crazy minute or so and Kawhi walks into the frontcourt, dribbles for 10 seconds, gets a lazy screen and gets a contested shot off with less than 1 second. Should have done better.
                            The ISO itself is fine... the area to quibble with Nurse would be not drawing up a few better actions to get Kawhi some spacing. Maybe have Pascal handle the ball and have him pass it to Kawhi with like 7-8 seconds left with the defense moving.

                            Comment


                            • Nurse said post game the play was to have Kawhi switch on to Harden and drive from there but sooner than it happened

                              Comment


                              • golden wrote: View Post
                                The ISO itself is fine... the area to quibble with Nurse would be not drawing up a few better actions to get Kawhi some spacing. Maybe have Pascal handle the ball and have him pass it to Kawhi with like 7-8 seconds left with the defense moving.
                                Maybe have JV set a proiper screen ......oh wait ......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X